Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,982 members, 7,966,654 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:00 PM

Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank (10054 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Doyin2(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
Moreover,the issue of complying with sharia law as per the guide line is because as it is globally accepted(even in Britain and uS,you cannot set up the bank if it does not comply with sharia law),sharia law is the only document that comprehensively explains how non-interest banking could be successfully carried out.It has been tested and trusted,so there is no need to re-invent the wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizens of developed nations consider the benefits of a system and not the religious sentiments grin
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
doyin pls we go school o, why is sanusi pushing for it, why not lets say hmmm u? You go and read the document before u argue blindly, CBN has given banks a time frame to be Sharia compliant, WTF? this is not 1862, we can carve out two islamic caliphate one for hause one for Yoruba ah ah na only una sabi religion?
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Doyin2(m): 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
As a muslim,I attended St.Finbarr's college,Akoka ,because my parents considered the quality and benefits of going to such a school.I was always at the early morning congregation conducted of course in a xtian way.If we were to consider the religious implication,perhaps I would have attended a Anwarul-Islam college,etc.

Xtians should learn to be tolerant !
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Doyin2(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
Deliberate misinformation would lead you no where.There is no such deadline for compliance!IT IS NOT COMPULSORY FOR BANKS TO GO INTO NON-INTEREST BANKING.the CBN guideline is very clear on this!

Please provide evidence to the contrary and stop promoting the band wagon effect
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
Doyin!:

As a muslim,I attended St.Finbarr's college,Akoka ,because my parents considered the quality and benefits of going to such a school.I was always at the early morning congregation conducted of course in a xtian way.If we were to consider the religious implication,perhaps I would have attended a Anwarul-Islam college,etc.

Xtians should learn to be tolerant !

You had a LOCAL choice and you chose St. Finbars. This decision is being made on a National level. If you wanted something that more closely compares to this issue, you could have picked the recognition of Sharia by our constitution, not your St. Finbar's choice there.

It is one thing to be tolerant, and I am, but this goes too far for me, especially for a Nation that ought to draw backs it's ties to religion for sanity-sake.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Everfrank(m): 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
So Nigeria is a secular country? The priest and all those justifying his rethorics are ignorant. They should also not forget to campaign against using Saturday and Sunday as a sabbath in Nigeria. Can you imagine how much more would governments and businesses make if we work Saturdays and Sundays? Muslims respect this arrangement because christians go to church on these days. I never hear muslims demanding that Fridays be equally declared a sabbath in Nigeria. The priest should be reasonable and logical in their arguments.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You had a LOCAL choice and you chose St. Finbars. This decision is being made on a National level. If you wanted something that more closely compares to this issue, you could have picked the recognition of Sharia by our constitution, not your St. Finbar's choice there.

It is one thing to be tolerant, and I am, but this goes too far for me, especially for a Nation that ought to draw backs it's ties to religion for sanity-sake.
leave am , he just want to argue for arguing sake.no comparison between a choice and being forced upon us. ah ah
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Doyin2(m): 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
I have a dream for Nigeria.

-A Nigeria where every Xtian would read the Quran and every muslim,the Bible

-A Nigeria where a xtian will accept that his fellow muslim is his brother and vice versa

-A Nigeria where a muslim and xtian will accept that they were created by the same GOD and that each person has a right to choose his own way of worshiping that same creator

-A Nigeria where a christian would say salam alaeykum(Peace of GOD be unto you) to his muslim brother and the latter,Jesus bless you to the former

-A Nigeria where religious fighting and killings because of intolerance and ignorance,would be confined to history

I have a dream,
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
Everfrank:

So Nigeria is a secular country? The priest and all those justifying his rethorics are ignorant. They should also not forget to campaign against using Saturday and Sunday as a sabbath in Nigeria. Can you imagine how much more would governments and businesses make if we work Saturdays and Sundays? Muslims respect this arrangement because christians go to church on these days. I never hear muslims demanding that Fridays be equally declared a sabbath in Nigeria. The priest should be reasonable and logical in their arguments.

When you have a situation like the one we have had in the last 12 years alone where almost 16 000 people have been butchered for politico-religious regions, common sense dictates that the State not make itself a tool any longer to religious sections that perpertrate such atrocities.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Doyin!:

-A Nigeria where every Xtian would read the Quran and every muslim,the Bible

-A Nigeria where a xtian will accept that his fellow muslim is his brother and vice versa

-A Nigeria where a muslim and xtian will accept that they were created by the same GOD and that each person has a right to choose his own way of worshiping that same creator

-A Nigeria where a christian would say salam alaeykum(Peace of GOD be unto you) to his muslim brother and the latter,Jesus bless you to the former

-A Nigeria where religious fighting and killings because of intolerance and ignorance,would be confined to history

I have a dream,

how will your dream work when u consciously excluded traditional worshippers like myself in your dream, i have a dream when the muslims will go back to mecca and the christians to jerusalem and leave nigeria for the Nwa'afors (the son of the soil), afterall all these are imported religion
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Doyin!:

-A Nigeria where every Xtian would  read the Quran and every muslim,the Bible

-A Nigeria where a muslim and xtian will accept that they  were created by the same GOD and that each person has a right to choose his own way of worshiping that same creator

I have a dream,

Go spew your dreams to the 16,000 folks, and counting, who have met their deaths at the hands on religious fascists in the last 12 years! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by hasyak(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
Doyin!:

-A Nigeria where every Xtian would  read the Quran and every muslim,the Bible

-A Nigeria where a muslim and xtian will accept that they  were created by the same GOD and that each person has a right to choose his own way of worshiping that same creator

I have a dream,

+6
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by selingel: 2:30am On Jun 16, 2011
In as much as Islamic banking is being practiced in some developed countries and they are working fine, it does not mean that, it MAY work here, considering the terrain. I am not against it, but I am against the name. Nigeria is a country where religious matters are not taken kindly. I welcome it, but not with that name, else people will die, for it to be suspended. I can bet anything, so long Nigeria exist!.
I had expected Sanusi to have given it an economic name, to suit what it reflect, and only refer to it (Islamic banking), when making referrence. That way, Nigerians will not beat up religious tune from the policy. As it is now, that policy is dead and buried as Christians will kill it.
I am ashamed of the way and manner Sanusi is running CBN, and some of his policies. Some of his policies are okay, but he is applying almighty method of implementation, which is not good enough. You need to sample opinion of people and acceptability, when pushing policies, even to the common man. His Islamic banking would have been good, but ill timed and feasibililty not in existence, in a volatile nation like ours.
For example, Gbenga Daniel handed over about 12 mission schools to the owners, and the new governor came, and wants to reverse it. Well, he may have a better reason, but the timing is wrong, and he never went through the normal process. He should have called on the owners of the schools, and let them see the reason for government intervention, or full control, rather than trying to show arrogance. It wouldnt have worth being mentioned, but some useless Islamic scholars, immediately went to the press, to show support for government intention to take over those schools. Is that what those scholars should have done? Are they not even putting that government into a more tighter corner? What if the reason for the take over is just on religious grounds and not to better the battered educational system in the state? Does that make their support sensible, or the normal way people now view their religion? Thats why I said, religious leaders should stay off government matters, and government policies too. Govt policies, should not be on the same lane with religious affairs. Even if the so-called Islamic banking comes to stay, some states, will tell the bank not to near their territory, for they are Christian states, and so, what comes of it then? Problems emanating, even when trying to solve existing ones.
Thats why I started by saying, some of Sanusi's policies are good, but he needs to study the religious-political-economy of this nation, before rushing to implement them.
In summary, he may have to over-convince this volatile, primitive nation, of the importance and gains of his arrogant Islamic banking, before it will see the light of day. I like him as a person, but I am beginning to see that he cant be trusted with 100% uninteerrupted access to the economy, without serious guidance and sensoreship. Else, Nigeria will go up in flame! States, like those in the South-East, and South-south, will rubbish this policy. He needs to go back to the drawing board, rather than retiring those directors that he feels will frustrate his Islamic banking. With Anglican church beginning this anti crusade, its obvious the Catholic will join, and the nation will be held to a stand-still again, just becos of one man not doing his assignment well.
May GOD see us through in this nation.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by olawalebabs(m): 5:48am On Jun 16, 2011
I dont understand the way some people reason in nairaland viz a viz 9ja. "You dont have problem the the bank but the name" give it your own name. I've try to educate us here govt is not financing it but just doing the framework. It's not a must for a non muslim to bank there, if you are pain, bring out your own concept, if it okay no problem. @doyin i share in your dream.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2011
i think the sw and the north should just form their islamic caliphate and stop forcing their islamic ish down our throat, why should govt provide frame work for a religious affair? na so una carry us join OIC, before we know it Sharia enter, before we know it islamic bank, what next ? another Jihad to continue from where dan fodio left from? angry
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by maasoap(m): 7:40am On Jun 16, 2011
Muslims are trying to put their money, efforts, capital, resources as well as their knowledge together to establish Islamic Banking System, the one which its operations will be guided by Islamic Doctrine. And here some Christians and Jews are saying that they don't have problem with the bank because they acknowledge its potential benefits but its name should have been changed to something not associated with Islam. Can you see the logical reasoning ability of an average Nigerian christian here? They are simply scared of witnessing one of the beauties of Al-Islam. You know why? This is because their Holy book doesn't proffer solutions to any human problem, be it political, economic, governance, inheritance, etc. The Islamic Banking System will make christianity feels inferior to Islam in Nigeria because their religion doesn't have equal or better alternative. I love Islam for its completeness.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2011
^^ u thinking like an lien u need to get ur cranium checked, Islam is outdated and backwards hence no invention coming out of the islamic world as of recent, the only thing the give to the world is suicide strapped bombers
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by olawalebabs(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2011
igbo boy:

^^ u thinking like an lien u need to get your cranium checked, Islam is outdated and backwards hence no invention coming out of the islamic world as of recent, the only thing the give to the world is suicide strapped bombers
shut up your mouth.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2011
Sanusi has good policies up his sleeves however he makes too many blunders. The sanctioned banks for example the new board were equally corrupt if not worse than the old board earning outrageous sums while sacking lots of staff in the name of economic depression. Why were their own salaries not subject to the theory of economic depression? we dont ask questions in Nigeria, i am suprised none of the journalist even made an attempt to print whatt the new boards of this "sick" banks were earning as compared to the old board. was sanusi aware i think so, did he do anything about it? i dont think so. was he right in sacking the former GMD's and their directors yes yes yes they deserved what they got but where is accountability with the new board ijust dont get it but then maybe its just me.

Now sharia banking on what basis, it will revive, stabilise our economy bla bla bla and at the end of the day sanusi will be sitting on the board of director of these companies guess he is creating employment for himself with the power he presently wields not bad for him but not good for a secular country like Nigeria because we all know who will get employed in those banks but then again mayb he is trying to help his northern brothers tobecome an economic power bloc nice strategy sanusi. keep up the good work. we can keep guessing or we can just ask that he be accountable for his actions.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by olawalebabs(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2011
You don't even know this man. Google his article and read more about him, idea and philosophy.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by otitokoro1: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
An islamic bank would only amount to unnecessary religious segregation because you don't expect Christians to bank there.

The Bible did not say you should keep your money in a specific place, Banking is a matter of choice so I don't think it has any religious issue provided it is not imposed as a criteria to be a Nigerian.

Moreover, it must be noted that there are some community banks today that are owned by Churches, there has not been any issue of discrimination on people that deposit and obtain loan there. I think no course for Alarm!
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by otitokoro1: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2011
I don't think any law(Sharia or Ogun-ria) will say that I cannot withdraw my money except I go to mosque or shrine, Please let us talk like educated people. Sharia is not Nigeria Constitution, it is a bye law so any guideline form from that law will never placed above Nigeria Constitution, it is clearly written

Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding

And to provide for a Constitution for the purpose of promoting the good government and welfare of all persons in our country, on the principles of freedom, equality and justice, and for the purpose of consolidating the unity of our people

Do hereby make, enact and give to ourselves the following Constitution:-

Chapter I

General Provisions

Part I

Federal Republic of Nigeria

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

2. (1) Nigeria is one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign state to be known by the name of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) Nigeria shall be a Federation consisting of States and a Federal Capital Territory.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by selingel: 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
olawalebab:

I dont understand the way some people reason in nairaland viz a viz 9ja. "You dont have problem the the bank but the name" give it your own name. I've try to educate us here govt is not financing it but just doing the framework. It's not a must for a non muslim to bank there, if you are pain, bring out your own concept, if it okay no problem. @doyin i share in your dream.

Indeed, a foolish way to reason!
Here is someone who may want to lead Nigeria someday! Today, we had another bomb blast! I hope is a nice concept too from your brothers.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by selingel: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Go spew your dreams to the 16,000 folks, and counting, who have met their deaths at the hands on religious fascists in the last 12 years! undecided undecided undecided

Pls tell them, becos they have never lost anyone in this barbaric situation their likes keep putting this nation!

You will see the protest that will emanate from this. Whether government is financing it or not!.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by igboboy1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
olawalebab:

shut up your mouth.

na by typing i go close my mouth? effing Yoruba muslim, terrorist like you, eat a pig
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by merbenko: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2011
The issue of islamic bank,there is an hiden agenda behind it.Why during the former CBN Governor the issue of the bankdid not come out.?Why the bank is not name after the two religion of Nigeria? What benefit will the bank brings under the protocol of CBN, that the other bank we have in Nigeria cannot offer.No wonder Presstv.Ir that is Iran tv and the rest of other Arabs world are listing Nigeria under islamic nation.The truth behind that not only money will be kept but together with arsenals.Pls where are all this blom and armenation from,are not from all this arab world,more to talk about islamic bank.One thing is certian here.Let called the bank BOKO HARAM STORE OF AMENATION BANK NOT ISLAMIC BANK.You want sharia law and islamic bank at a moment leave the President to rest pls.Not far away 4m my thought that Namadi sambo is paying IMAM SALARY AT KADUNA STATE WHEN HE WAS THE GOVERNOR.AND THE REVEREND ARE SET ASIDE.Let think twice and have peace in our country.Bt the issue of this bank is not only bank is another thing seperate that is what i know,iam from northen Nigeria a pure Hausa man.Take caution about this bank
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by mustyb1: 1:27am On Jun 17, 2011
its not undermost for some one to join this islamic bank, we all have our religion. we need islamic bank, not even Islamic bank any bank serving customers islamically. if u are a cristian, go for cristian bank if their is any. we are not pagans we all have religions,  no any religions banking system in naigeria. Bring cristian banking system if their is any, we will put it to task find out the major things, and create a better banking system, if we couldn't fnd the major things or anything in common then we go for the two, cristian banking and Islamic banking system. every one will go for his wish!
no one is going to force you to do something that you dont want, we have human-wright in our nation! you cant stop this islamic banking coz no body is going to stop you from creating cristian banking system! every one has the right to serve his religion very well so you serve your own, i serve my own, this is not a complicated issue, but some people are writing boldly with an aggressive mind trying to make the issue big and complicated. let me ask u a question, why did you reject this Islamic bank? what kind of banking system did u want? isalamic, cristian or modern, why? if u have the heart to go for modern, some dont have, they want to serve their religion.
, can some wan explain how cristian banking system is
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by olawalebabs(m): 6:27am On Jun 17, 2011
selingel:

Indeed, a foolish way to reason!
Here is someone who may want to lead Nigeria someday! Today, we had another bomb blast! I hope is a nice concept too from your brothers.
truly you dont practice what you preach. Did you think at all before you type? Which better way did you provide in your reasoning. Dont talk because you have mouth but do so because you have tangible thing to say.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by olawalebabs(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2011
igbo boy:

na by typing i go close my mouth? effing Yoruba muslim, terrorist like you, eat a pig
i would have respond to your senseless reasoning, because at times silence is not golden, on this thread which prove or source have you provided for all your comment just the normal subjective and bias line of reasoning. For your info there is nothing like yorooba muslim.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by selingel: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2011
olawalebab:

truly you dont practice what you preach. Did you think at all before you type? Which better way did you provide in your reasoning. Dont talk because you have mouth but do so because you have tangible thing to say.

Can someone please tell this archaic man to please shut up his primitive device, called mouth?
Is he not tired of all that he and his kind are putting this nation into? Problems everywhere, and backward laws. Today, Saudi women are protesting a ban on woman driving, is this guy aware?
The other day, Iranian president came to Nigeria. You need to see so many banners and stupid flyers, exhibited at the road linking to Aso road. I weep for these people who are taking us back to 17th centuries.
Islamic banking is another way of exhibiting, how backward a group can be, in a secular society. I just finished a full review of all the policies, and reason for the establishment of Islamic banking. In Ogun today, as I said earlier, you need to see and hear what some of his likes are saying about Christian mission schools. You want government to take over schools they cant even establish, talkless of managing; yet you want to impose Islamic banking system on the same people!. Please we are tired of Nigeria appearing at the wrong side of world press.
Meanwhile, please shut up, and let me hear what your bigger brother has to say, at the National Mosque. Mumu like you!.
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by juman(m): 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
Re: Anglican Bishops Kick Against Proposed Islamic Bank by oladayo042: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
To quote a nairalander, must every comment pass through religious and tribal filter? I know that interest free/Islamic banking can run with the name "Redeemed Bank", "Winners Bank", or any other name. To those who object this banking philosophy, what if this form of banking(interest free) is established by a non-muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote To Co-Chair World Economic Forum Meeting / Need A Loan Of One Million / The Sun Award: High Chief Dr. Christopher Ndubuisi Emerges Investor of the Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.