Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:31 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (315307 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2022
Forensic analysis is the use of scientific processes and methods in criminal investigation and refers to the collecting, identifying, preserving and examining of scientific evidence during an investigation.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Denrele001: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
kolagentle:
Guys please any update for virtual candidates.
I have tried connecting to the meeting at the given time and waited for 2-4hrs but all to no avail.
I have been unable to travel to Ibadan due to work.
Please is there anyone that did his or her interview today via the virtual platform?

Have you been able to do it?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by kolagentle: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
No , I have not been able to do it
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by kolagentle: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2022
I have not
Denrele001:

Have you been able to do it?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Adazeal: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
kolagentle:
I have tried connecting to the meeting at the given time and waited for 2-4hrs but all to no avail.
Please is there anyone that did his or her interview today via the virtual platform?
When was your stipulated date and time?

What you should do is join the meeting from 3pm or whatever time you were given and wait there till they connect to you. It'd definitely show them that someone is in the waiting room.

After my first interview, I received another invitation link and I just wanted to be sure they didn't forget asking anything from me so I joined the meeting again and waited for about 1hour after which they connected to the meeting and told me I shouldn't worry that I've already had my interview that they were receiving notifications that I was in the waiting room. So if you can wait, wait patiently. For my first interview meeting, they joined about 30 minutes after the stipulated time.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Denrele001: 5:35am On Jun 09, 2022
kolagentle:
I have not

Sent you an email. Respond to it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ikonquer: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2022
who has been slated for OOS virtual interview tomorrow (Friday)
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ikonquer: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2022
Adazeal:

When was your stipulated date and time?

What you should do is join the meeting from 3pm or whatever time you were given and wait there till they connect to you. It'd definitely show them that someone is in the waiting room.

After my first interview, I received another invitation link and I just wanted to be sure they didn't forget asking anything from me so I joined the meeting again and waited for about 1hour after which they connected to the meeting and told me I shouldn't worry that I've already had my interview that they were receiving notifications that I was in the waiting room. So if you can wait, wait patiently. For my first interview meeting, they joined about 30 minutes after the stipulated time.

Have you been able to do yours now?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ikonquer: 8:18am On Jun 09, 2022
kolagentle:

have you been able to do yours now?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Yabani1122: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Engr2016:
Bro, I know what I am saying. From my analysis, about 20% of those in the upper quartile are majorly 1st class. But that does not mean those in the remaining 80% cannot win the award. Remember, performances in the interviews can rearrange the entire list. Nobody should be proud at all. Only the grace of GOD will determine the eventual winners. This calls for humility.

But we didn't even consider the possibility of arranging the names according to the "COURSE OF STUDY" which might be arranged alphabetically, please is there any one who can verify this??
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2022
Bro, the current arrangement is irrespective of the course of study. But one thing I noticed is this: majority of those at the top list had 1st class in BSc or distinction in MSc. However, WAEC grade seem not to be used in that ranking since the subjects that could be used automatically on the portal varies except for English and Maths. This would have also altered the list automatically. Hence the reason for actual interview where actual grading and assessment are done. Let's just hope in GOD for His grace and favour no matter our current rankings.

Yabani1122:

But we didn't even consider the possibility of arranging the names according to the "COURSE OF STUDY" which might be arranged alphabetically, please is there any one who can verify this??

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Aremson14(m): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2022
Engr2016:
Bro, the current arrangement is irrespective of the course of study. But one thing I noticed is this: majority of those at the top list had 1st class in BSc or distinction in MSc. However, WAEC grade seem not to be used in that ranking since the subjects that could be used automatically on the portal varies except for English and Maths. This would have also altered the list automatically. Hence the reason for actual interview where actual grading and assessment are done. Let's just hope in GOD for His grace and favour no matter our current rankings.

I'm not sure da used cgpa,,, only class of degree

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 9:56am On Jun 09, 2022
Engr2016:

They also used O Level. Some of my freinds who graduated with 2.1 but with C parallel in O Levels were not invited.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Yabani1122: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2022
babey543:

They also used O Level. Some of my freinds who graduated with 2.1 but with C parallel in O Levels were not invited.
Hmmm...only God knows how this names were actually arranged....hoping for the best
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by himamie: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2022
Please can anyone who has done the virtual interview this week reach out to me, or anyone who has a teams link for today or tomorrow. We're running out of time as it seems the last day is the 10th. My email said 6th and the portal said 10th but I only recently found an email with teams link in my spam that was slated for the 1st. I have been on the link for 2 days now to no avail (meeting not started, it must have expired).

Please I'm desperately in need of a valid link for today or tomorrow to enable me at least get interviewed.

Many thanks all

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2022
Yes, I also think so too. It is easier for the software to arrange the candidates automatically based on the class of degree than the actual CGPA since universities use different grading scheme. Some use 4.0 scale (most US, UK and Canadian schools ), others use 5.0 scale (most Naija schools) while few use 7.0 scale e.g University of Ibadan . But note, this does not mean all 1st class or even 2: 1 candidates were shortlisted for the interview at the first place. Other nuanced factors could have also been used in the selection of the 8800 out of the original 26000 candidates.

Aremson14:

I'm not sure da used cgpa,,, only class of degree

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by blay92: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2022
no link uptill now
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2022
Yes U are right, a software can easily filter out candidates based on certain criteria like that. However, since the required WAEC results varies for shortlisted candidates, there is no way PTDF can conveniently grade the O-levels results like that on the portal. That is why they depend on the professors and interviewers to do that at the centers directly.

babey543:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by himamie: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Please anyone have a team link for virtual interview for today or tomorrow?
Or anyone that has already done their virtual interview this week?
Please can you respond asap, SOS.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by panmol: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2022
I have these exact qualifications. I was invited in 2020 and this year too.

babey543:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by crystallife: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2022
I also opted for the virtual option. i got a mail for 6th of June, then an invite was sent for June 1st and on my portal, my interview date was changed from June 6th to 10th. I am as confused as anything rn. I opened the link on the 1st and on the 6th...i didnt see anyone
himamie:
Please anyone have a team link for virtual interview for today or tomorrow?
Or anyone that has already done their virtual interview this week?
Please can you respond asap, SOS.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by crystallife: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2022
I am in the same shoes oh...exactly exactly....i think they probably want to attend to everyone for virtual on friday

himamie:
Please can anyone who has done the virtual interview this week reach out to me, or anyone who has a teams link for today or tomorrow. We're running out of time as it seems the last day is the 10th. My email said 6th and the portal said 10th but I only recently found an email with teams link in my spam that was slated for the 1st. I have been on the link for 2 days now to no avail (meeting not started, it must have expired).

Please I'm desperately in need of a valid link for today or tomorrow to enable me at least get interviewed.

Many thanks all
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2022
panmol:

Probably their SOP wasnt succint and they didnt have membership nor publications.

I advise you to write O level like how many people rewrote to have A,s and win PTDF like how many people did.

Everyone calculate your scores now

MSC SCORING CRITERIA

The marks of O level is the second-highest: 30 marks
A for 6 points. 5 times 6 is 30

SOP total of 50 marks: It is impossible to score 50 marks overall. Only candidates that get recommended score 50 marks.

First degree 10 marks: First class 10 marks

Membership and Publication combined together: 10 marks

2 marks for each. Ensure they are 5 in no order to get the full marks.

PHD SCORING CRITERIA

A for 6 points. 5 times 6 is 30

Research Proposal total of 40 marks: It is impossible to score 40 marks overall. Only candidates that get recommended score 40 marks.

Masters 10 marks: Distinction, 10 marks

Pray that there are not many guru in your state. If you chose F/G/M, you have high chance of winning as many gurus with great score chose UK

I am a current PTDF Scholar.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2022
Yes bro. This confirms why I said O-level results were not used in the current arrangement of the shortlisted candidates. There are some intricate and nuanced considerations involved which we don't fully know yet.

panmol:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Wow ! Thanks a lot for your very detailed analysis. Congrats on your current scholarship. I pray that GOD favour us too this year in JESUS Name. Amen!

babey543:

Probably their SOP wasnt succint and they didnt have membership nor publications.

I advise you to write O level like how many people rewrote to have A,s and win PTDF like how many people did.

MSC SCORING CRITERIA

A for 5 points. 5 times 6 is 30

SOP total of 50 marks: It is impossible to score 50 marks overall. Only candidates that get recommended score 50 marks.

PHD SCORING CRITERIA

Research Proposal total of 40 marks: It is impossible to score 40 marks overall. Only candidates that get recommended score 40 marks.

Pray that there are not many guru in your state. If you chose F/G/M, you have high chance of winning as many gurus with great score chose UK

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
Engr2016:
Wow ! Thanks a lot for your very detailed analysis. Congrats on your current scholarship. I pray that GOD favour us too this year in JESUS Name. Amen!

You are welcome. Ensure you already have an admission letter. PTDF will pay for your visa applications and flight. Ensure you connect with one another in the PTDF tower and form a Facebook or Whatsapp group of successful scholars to help one another in their respective countries. Connect to one another and do not insult each other as you all have a bright future.

You will be paid in 6 months advance so you can have sufficient money to bring your family. PTDF now support you to stay if you get employment abroad because of unemployment in Nigeria. They have realised that there are so many unemployed PTDF scholars and their investment is now a waste. Other countries that sponsor scholars for scholarships offer automatic employment in universities and oil companies when they go back home.

Ask for the non-objection letter from PTDF when you get employment as this will indirectly boost Nigeria's economy. The highest contributor to Nigeria's economy is those staying and living overseas supporting their family and building businesses and resources. Those without an admission letter will have their scholarship deferred. But we don't know about next year as there is an election and anything can happen.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
babey543:

MSC SC

[b]PHD SCORING CRITERIA

Please are you implying that one can resit his waec and it will be accepted? Cos I learnt it usually leads to disqualification
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Aremson14(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
babey543:

MSC SCORING CRITERIA

PHD SCORING CRITERIA

Thanks for this, so this means that they went through every applicants sop and scored the sop.... and 6 subjects were picked for o level?.... God help us.... and last last Its a function of performance of ur state of origin and not local govt
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by perrychemical: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
Engr2016:
Yes bro. This confirms why I said O-level results were not used in the current arrangement of the shortlisted candidates. There are some intricate and nuanced considerations involved which we don't fully know yet.

I can confirm to you that O'level plays a significant factor in shorlisting candidates. I am also a past schorlar, but I got PTDF the period they normally conduct test to select Msc awardee. I have subsequently tried and encoraged my younger brother who had a very good grade in his first degree, but most of his O' level subjects were C, in fact he got mostly C5 and C6, and he was not shortlisted for all the three time he tried. But my wife has attemped twice in the year 2018, and this year included with second class lower division, 4A1 including Maths and English, B3 in one subject , 5 publications and many awards. She was always shortlisted. I am very sure she could not get the schorlaship in the year 2018, because she was told her proposal was not related to Oil and Gas. This year, she did her interview in Ibadan, with the same proposal, you can imagine even after the interview, they had to call her back to collect her number. she was also asked if she knows someone at PTDF. So, you can see that her O'level result alone is very tight even though she got 2:2, and of course her Msc was a merit.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
Aremson14:

Thanks for this, so this means that they went through every applicants sop and scored the sop.... and 6 subjects were picked for o level?.... God help us.... and last last I is a function of performance of ur state of origin and not local govt
Nice observation.
I made a mistake in my typo. It is 5 subjects they used this time. I have modified it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
LOL who said? all that the software needs to do is to take Maths + English and 3 highest grade entries to calculate a final score for the WAEC component. Lecturers are only there for verification and actual interviewing
Engr2016:
Yes U are right, a software can easily filter out candidates based on certain criteria like that. However, since the required WAEC results varies for shortlisted candidates, there is no way PTDF can conveniently grade the O-levels results like that on the portal. That is why they depend on the professors and interviewers to do that at the centers directly.

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
perrychemical:

I can confirm to you that O'level plays a significant factor in shorlisting candidates. I am also a past schorlar, but I got PTDF the period they normally conduct test to select Msc awardee. I have subsequently tried and encoraged my younger brother who had a very good grade in his first degree, but most of his O' level subjects were C, in fact he got mostly C5 and C6, and he was not shortlisted for all the three time he tried. But my wife has attemped twice in the year 2018, and this year included with second class lower division, 4A1 including Maths and English, B3 in one subject , 5 publications and many awards. She was always shortlisted. I am very sure she could not get the schorlaship in the year 2018, because she was told her proposal was not related to Oil and Gas. This year, she did her interview in Ibadan, with the same proposal, you can imagine even after the interview, they had to call her back to collect her number. she was also asked if she knows someone at PTDF. So, you can see that her O'level result alone is very tight even though she got 2:2, and of course her Msc was a merit.

O level is very important. Nice observation bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (119) (Reply)

2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.