Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists (947 Views)

2023: South East Must Produce Next President, Igbo Elders Insist / Atiku Vs Buhari: INEC Must Produce Presidential Election Server - Peter Obi / 2023: Tinubu Has Hijacked The Country, North Must Produce Next President – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
Elder statesman and leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Chief Edwin Clark, has insisted that the South-East geopolitical zone must produce the next president of Nigeria.

He said this when a presidential aspirant, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, visited him on Friday.

Clark encouraged Anyim to work hard with other leaders across the country to build consensus for equity and unity in Nigeria, according to a statement after the visitation.

Chief Clark reaffirmed his passionate “belief that the presidency of Nigeria in 2023 must go to the Southern part of Nigeria and indeed to South-East zone”.

“I encourage you and others to continue the task of persuading and reassuring other Nigerians to share that vision”, Clark added.

Anyim told the elder statesman and First Republic Minister of Information that he was running for the Presidency of Nigeria because he understood the challenges facing Nigeria and had what it takes to fix them.

The former Senate President who is contesting the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party took the opportunity to consult with Clark on the state of the nation and his plan for the future.

I thank God that Chief Edwin Clark will soon be 95 years old and yet he is blessed with phenomenal memory, lucid and curious mind, a benevolent heart, and boundless goodwill for all men. I thank God for your health and will forever cherish your counsel.

“I will dedicate myself with full enthusiasm and conviction to advance the vision of equity in Nigeria, the unity of our nation, the peace and prosperity of all citizens,” he said.

Copyright PUNCH.

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Kissiemu(m): 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
Now an igbo man with wisdom. This consultation should have started before 2019 election but it's not too late. Keep it up Anyim Pius Anyim

6 Likes

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kissiemu:
Now an igbo man with wisdom. This consultation should have started before 2019 election but it's not too late. Keep it up Anyim Pius Anyim
Well said

4 Likes

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Ebubeslym(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
PA Edwin and his mischievous rhetoric.
2 faced old player.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by DoggoneDogg: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
[s]
Festus6287296:
Read below it
[/s]
angry
You are becoming worse than that dead meat griller.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by EzegeNdiigbo: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
Wetin concern me with 2023 Election??

Am a proudly Biafra

All hail Biafra..

5 Likes

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by FreeStuffsNG: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
Says a PDP member wink
Seems PDP will now do the needful of giving its ticket to SE.
But for APC to give its ticket to SE, it's like handing over power to the PDP because SE is a stronghold of the PDP.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by FreeStuffsNG: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:

Am a proudly Biafra

All hail Biafra..
Hahaha....You are so so funny cheesy What you type has no meaning. 2023 will come and go and you and Nigeria will still be fine.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Conrod: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Hahaha....You are so so funny cheesy What you type has no meaning. 2023 will come and go and you and Nigeria will still be fine.
I like your dream and uptimism,however,...not all dreams come true.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by ArewaNorth: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
In a multiparty democracy there is no reason for insisting on zonal or tribal Presidency.
Now they wake up from barking to action, they should eschew primitiveness by adopting concrete democratic solution.
When North wanted their perceived regional turn to be returned back to them in 2015 they didn't bring themselves so low to begging, intimidations, threats and blackmails but rather destroyed PDP politically and created new party by creating the only alliance that could give them assured victory without insisting on getting their mandate through the ruling party (PDP) and won election within 2yrs of the party creation.
In Nigerian politics, there is no compulsory in zoning, we should all get it through political process!

Anyway, Anyim's effort is better but he isn't sellable at all!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
The same man that the children of hate were abusing recently now fighting for them
Life is not fair to ndi meth in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by bcomputer101: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
IPOB TERRORIST can't govern us for now.
We all know your hidden agenda

Star boy Osinbajo is our next PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Yebosola(m): 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:

Am a proudly Biafra

All hail Biafra..

U that will soon Atikulate,no b Una with love of money,small time u will b looking for fulani's slave instead of looking at the mirror and see fulani's slave.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Godons1: 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
God forbid. IGBO can never rule this Country. The North will never allow that.

Quote me anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by JaroMan: 6:40am On Dec 19, 2021
Godons1:

Quote me anywhere
Coward. Is it the north or Nigerians? Choose one because chief of the opposition the South East have is South West.
Don't used north to fight your battle. Coward

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Urbanchampion: 6:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Lolsss...empty talk as usual.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Biafrarep(m): 6:50am On Dec 19, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Says a PDP member wink
Seems PDP will now do the needful of giving its ticket to SE.
But for APC to give its ticket to SE, it's like handing over power to the PDP because SE is a stronghold of the PDP.

Stop talking bulshit please, both PDP and APC would eventually give their presidencial tickets to SE. Men of wisdom already know that's the only way to ensure that peace reigns.

Only selfish people with wicked hearts will want the SW to produce the president or to campaign for tinubu.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Advocate500: 7:14am On Dec 19, 2021
ArewaNorth:
In a multiparty democracy there is no reason for insisting on zonal or tribal Presidency.
Now they wake up from barking to action, they should eschew primitiveness by adopting concrete democratic solution.
When North wanted their perceived regional turn to be returned back to them in 2015 they didn't bring themselves so low to begging, intimidations, threats and blackmails but rather destroyed PDP politically and created new party by creating the only alliance that could give them assured victory without insisting on getting their mandate through the ruling party (PDP) and won election within 2yrs of the party creation.
In Nigerian politics, there is no compulsory in zoning, we should all get it through political process!

Anyway, Anyim's effort is better but he isn't sellable at all!
i have to disagree with you on this, in as much as i find it difficult to believe that any party will zone their ticket to the east, because every party is in the business to win election not to ensure political imbalances, zoning at this point will be very difficult under two party system, it would have been easier under pdp when their was no APC.

On the event of what happened in two 2015 under the pretence that pdp was not doing well .that was the only reason majority of us from the south supported that arrangement but now we can see clearly, power should returned to the south wether south east or south west the same way we supported power returning to the north.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Nonybb: 7:22am On Dec 19, 2021
This is the most equitable thing to do but the wickedness of the Yoruba tribe always prevail in Asiwaju to scuffle that dream

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Gbagura: 7:49am On Dec 19, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:

Am a proudly Biafra

All hail Biafra..
Wait for your Biafra in year 6037 while allow anyim enjoy his politics.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 7:50am On Dec 19, 2021
Nonybb:
This is the most equitable thing to do but the wickedness of the Yoruba tribe always prevail in Asiwaju to scuffle that dream
Chai.......

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2021
Biafrarep:

Stop talking bulshit please, both PDP and APC would eventually give their presidencial tickets to SE. Men of wisdom already know that's the only way to ensure that peace reigns.

Only selfish people with wicked hearts will want the SW to produce the president or to campaign for tinubu.
Chai.....
What about the VP Osinbajo?
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Gbagura: 7:57am On Dec 19, 2021
Biafrarep:

Who told you APC will give an ibo man their ticket? Did you said that to boost your ego? Thinking APC will zone their ticket to SE is a tall dream that can't gel.

For now, continue fighting for Biafra that won't come while other Nigerians rule over you. You will get the presidential ticket the day y'all denounce anything associated with Biafra.

Nigerians aren't stupid to entrust the destiny of Nigeria on an ibo man.
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by ivandragon: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2021
It is good to aspire, but it is more important to be qualified...
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 8:00am On Dec 19, 2021
ivandragon:
It is good to aspire, but it is more important to be qualified...
Pls can you suggest a qualified candidate for 2023 election?
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2021
Godons1:

Quote me anywhere
There is God oooohh!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by Loveurneighbour: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2021
Gbagura:
Wait for your Biafra in year 6037 while allow anyim enjoy his politics.
Chai! You're wicked ooh!

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by ivandragon: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2021
Loveurneighbour:

Pls can you suggest a qualified candidate for 2023 election?

It can be found in the Nigeria Constitution

1 Like

Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by fregeneh(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2021
JaroMan:

Coward. Is it the north or Nigerians? Choose one because chief of the opposition the South East have is South West.
Don't used north to fight your battle. Coward

Then collaborate with north to get power I'm sure you can pull it off without SW can't you?
Re: 2023: South-east Must Produce Next President, Edwin Clark Insists by fregeneh(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2021
Loveurneighbour:
Elder statesman and leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Chief Edwin Clark, has insisted that the South-East geopolitical zone must produce the next president of Nigeria.

He said this when a presidential aspirant, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, visited him on Friday.

Clark encouraged Anyim to work hard with other leaders across the country to build consensus for equity and unity in Nigeria, according to a statement after the visitation.

Chief Clark reaffirmed his passionate “belief that the presidency of Nigeria in 2023 must go to the Southern part of Nigeria and indeed to South-East zone”.

“I encourage you and others to continue the task of persuading and reassuring other Nigerians to share that vision”, Clark added.

Anyim told the elder statesman and First Republic Minister of Information that he was running for the Presidency of Nigeria because he understood the challenges facing Nigeria and had what it takes to fix them.

The former Senate President who is contesting the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party took the opportunity to consult with Clark on the state of the nation and his plan for the future.

I thank God that Chief Edwin Clark will soon be 95 years old and yet he is blessed with phenomenal memory, lucid and curious mind, a benevolent heart, and boundless goodwill for all men. I thank God for your health and will forever cherish your counsel.

“I will dedicate myself with full enthusiasm and conviction to advance the vision of equity in Nigeria, the unity of our nation, the peace and prosperity of all citizens,” he said.

Copyright PUNCH.

IgBo man don't bend a kneel...

IgBo man bow to no one except his "chi"...so we're told.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) / National Association Of Nigerian Students Gives Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Award- Pic / IPOB Backs Abaribe, Insists Kanu Didn’t Order Sit-At-Home In S’east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.