Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,996 members, 7,931,435 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:36 AM

Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife (1165 Views)

We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by omamokta: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2011
THREE years after the demise of the late strongman of Ibadan politics and Garrison Commander of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Lamidi Adedibu, some family members, at this year’s remembrance, have expressed their displeasure over the dumping of Adedibu’s family by his associates.

The only surviving wife of the politician, Alhaja Bose Adedibu, specifically rained curses on those who had, at one time or the other, benefitted from the politician but turned their back against the family, describing them as “betrayers” and people who lacked conscience with no fear of God.

The result of such attitude to the family left behind by Adedibu, according to the wife who spoke to the Nigerian Compass yesterday, also had its toll on many of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) politicians in the state who lost woefully to the rival Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the April general elections.

According to her, Adedibu’s ghost would continue to haunt many of them unless they come back to the fold and retrace their steps.

Mrs. Adedibu said that the family also felt betrayed that nothing has been done by beneficiaries of her husband’s large heart to immortalise him.

She said that most of his loyalists and close allies abandoned the family immediately after his burial on June 12, 2008.

“The ghost of Adedibu will haunt those who used the name and abandoned us shortly after his death. They are too many to mention but God knows them all,” Bosede Adedibu lamented.

Were Adedibu to be alive during the April general elections, she posited that Oyo State would not have gone the way of the ACN because all the intra party crisis that worked against the party’s success would have been amicably resolved to the satisfaction of all the contending factions in the party through the political prowess of the late politician.

“If the ACN government in Oyo State can immortalise my husband for his contributions to the political development of the country and Oyo State in particular, I will be the happiest woman in the world.

“I have congratulated the Governor Abiola Ajimobi for his victory at the April polls. In the first instance, he is my brother as well as a son-in-law. He is also Adedibu’s son. If he were to be alive; he would have done the same thing, because he doesn’t practise politics of bitterness. I have also congratulated Senator Femi Lanlehin, elected in Oyo South Senatorial district on the platform of the can. He is also a member of our political family who left the PDP out of frustration.

“My deceased husband was a caring politician. In dreams, she would always ask me to prepare foods for the people. Have you prepared their foods, he would always ask”.

Symbolic of the “amala and gbegiri” politics which the late strongman was noted for, the widow said even at death, Adedibu insisted the free meal must go on on a daily basis.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by otitokoro1: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
She is insane angry
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by semidaraeb(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
Only a political nonentity will be seen with Adedibu`s family after is death, the wife should stop deceiving herself that the family is still relevant after the death of the Garrison Commander, QED
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by Abbycrown(f): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
The ghost of Adedibu will haunt those who used the name and abandoned us shortly after his death. They are too many to mention but God knows them all,” Bosede Adedibu lamented.
O haunt won less.
SMH. She'd better go & bury her head in shame. Amala & gbegiri ko-mscheeeew!
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by 1025: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
is it possible that this woman does not know that her husband belongs to the motor park politics? the only person she can be angry with is obasanjo whose political philosophy match with the late adedibu.
that name adedibu represents shame.
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by seanet02: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
Mad Woman
Re: Our Regrets, By Adedibu’s Wife by ektbear: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Hehe

Amala politics

I can understand why it works though, amala is delicious. Almost as tasty as pounded yam

(1) (Reply)

Fraudulent Pastor Colludes With Efcc And Police To Oppress Complainant / An Explosion At A Mosque In Maiduguri / Cnn Interview Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.