Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,552 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia (1457 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by omamokta: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
Reacting to reports that Super Eagles player Osaze Odemwingie of West Bromwich Albion will return to the Eagles soon for the remaining Nations Cup qualifier matches by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation, Aminu Maigari, Samson Siasia through the team’s media officer, Colin Udo has stated that without apology Osaze should forget the Eagles shirt.

Aminu Maigari was quoted to have said that Osaze will return to the team for the next round of matches prompting observers to believe that the NFF president is set to use his executive powers to usurp the duties of Coach Samson Siasia, a situation that will be unhealthy for the team’s collective spirit.
Eagles at the moment are walking a tight rope and needs focus to win the remaining round of matches instead of statements capable of causing friction observers reason.

The media officer of the Eagles also told LEADERSHIP SPORTS exclusively that: “Osaze still has to apologise to Coach Siasia before he will be admitted back into the team. Osaze must apologise to the coach and the team. No right thinking manager will accept an erring player back into the team without proper disciplinary action.”

According to him, the controversy is not conducive for the team and needs to be resolved immediately, “people are making so much noise because of the quality of player involved, if it was Dele Adeleye or Ekigho Ehiosu, this kind of controversy would not have been generated. We need to let this matter die down and not add more fire to an already flammable situation.” He warned.
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/783/2011/06/14/no_apology_no_eagles_shirt_osaze_–_siasia.html
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2011
siasia should get over this and move on for the overall sake of football and the country. this whole issue is becoming petty and he is taking it too personal.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by omamokta: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
I support Sia 1 on this issue, yes we might be walkin on tight rope but we do not need an indiscipline player to make it to Cup of Nations. Yes Osaze might be hot right now but i do not support him because of his indiscipline nature. He has to apologise if he really loves this country, We(The football Fans) influenced the appointment of Siasia as the chief coach of super Eagles so we deserve our respect. I don't even know why Osaze always have problems with our national coaches, i can remember he had problems with the coach that took us Cup of nations in Ghana, he had problems with Amodu Shuiabu, He had problem with Lars Largerback, and now Siasia. Kai haba Osaze!
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
but if my memory serves me correctly he has already apologized. what else does siasia want from him. does he want him going hands and knees begging. siasia, looks as if he wants to publicly humiliate osaze which is very unfair given the sacrifices the guy has made for the country.

this debate is uncalled for and divisive.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
Siasia should SUCK it up already!!!!

go and face your 2 matches left and make sure you don't drop half point.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by vislabraye(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
I think the press enjoys putting fuel into fire. . Allow Siasia to do his thing.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by DisGuy: 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
If i were Osaze I will return THEN RETIRE!!!!SHIOR this dude can go suck himself

That way he can concentrate on his club football, clubs will even be rushing him knowing he wont be dealing with incompetent Nigerian FA
if they are not missing their match date, they are losing their visas or missing their bonus money
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by MeGaStReEt: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
snowdrops:

but if my memory serves me correctly he has already apologized. what else does siasia want from him. does he want him going hands and knees begging. siasia, looks as if he wants to publicly humiliate osaze which is very unfair given the sacrifices the guy has made for the country.

this debate is uncalled for and divisive.

apologise to who

Dis Guy:

If i were Osaze[b] I will return THEN RETIRE![/b]!!!SHIOR this dude can go suck himself

bad rubbish to good riddance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
Odemwingie makes Siasia apology

Posted: 2011-04-08 15:02

Osaze Odemwingie has apologized to Samson Siasia for last week's headline-grabbing twitter rant.

The WBA forward angered the Nigeria coach when he left camp a day after playing an African Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia, and just before a friendly against Kenya.

Hearing of Siasia's displeasure, the striker responded with a withering barb on his twitter page.

But in an interview with Brila FM on Thursday, the forward apologized, "What I tweeted was not any criticism of him," Odemwingie said. "I had a question in my head like why didn't he understand why I had to leave.

"I must confess that I poured out my anger on him in frustration, but it is nothing personal.

"It sounded rude, but we don't have any problems, we are all together for a common cause.

"I have said I am sorry and I do not mean to hurt anyone. Hopefully, we can keep working together."

Odemwingie's outburst led to suggestions there of a deep-lying rift in camp between the senior players and the coach, but the forward dismissed any such suggestions.

"There is no division at all because it's all about me. It was a mistake on my part tweeting that way to express my frustration about my injury. But it will never happen again.

"My assurance to Nigerians is that everything is okay and I am always ready like I have been doing before to give my best to the national team."
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by Pharoh: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2011
If i was osaze, i will not give any apology until the last two qualifying matches has been played, instead of him to think of qualifying nigeria for the world cup he is busy looking for aplologies. angry
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
absolutely right pharoh.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by omamokta: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2011
Any team that does not have discipline can not make it, It is the duty of the coach to instill discipline in the team or he will be held responsible for the woes that will will befall his team. Nobody is doubting what Osaze can do with the ball but that does not make him above the law, if he is not corrected now, these younger players will think it is the order of the day especially when you are making it in your club. Siasia should be left alone when it comes to handling his team, during the Mikel Obi's saga, it was even hotter than this but he maintained his stand and picked the Olympics silver medal without Mikel. Besides, can one apologise on tweetter, does Siasia tweet too? Please let Siasia be, we can only crucify him if he does not qualify us for cup of nations. Including Osaze in the team does not gurantee our qualification. QED
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by MeGaStReEt: 1:54am On Jun 16, 2011
snowdrops:

Odemwingie makes Siasia apology

Posted: 2011-04-08 15:02

Osaze Odemwingie has apologized to Samson Siasia for last week's headline-grabbing twitter rant.

The WBA forward angered the Nigeria coach when he left camp a day after playing an African Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia, and just before a friendly against Kenya.

Hearing of Siasia's displeasure, the striker responded with a withering barb on his twitter page.

But in an interview with Brila FM on Thursday, the forward apologized, "What I tweeted was not any criticism of him," Odemwingie said. "I had a question in my head like why didn't he understand why I had to leave.

"I must confess that I poured out my anger on him in frustration, but it is nothing personal.

"It sounded rude, but we don't have any problems, we are all together for a common cause.

"I have said I am sorry and I do not mean to hurt anyone. Hopefully, we can keep working together."

Odemwingie's outburst led to suggestions there of a deep-lying rift in camp between the senior players and the coach, but the forward dismissed any such suggestions.

"There is no division at all because it's all about me. It was a mistake on my part tweeting that way to express my frustration about my injury. But it will never happen again.

"My assurance to Nigerians is that everything is okay and I am always ready like I have been doing before to give my best to the national team."

Osaze should CALL, i mean phone CALL, abi him no get credit? Call Siasia and apologise jorrr, call Yobo too as the Captain and this whole thing will be over
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by honeric01(m): 3:29am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^

Make Siasia go sit down somewhere jare, he shouldn't ride on the admiration Nigerians have for him, if he fails to qualify us for the nations cup, he's going to be in SOUP!!!
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by shevalync: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2011
honeric01:

^^^

Make Siasia go sit down somewhere jare, he shouldn't ride on the admiration Nigerians have for him, if he fails to qualify us for the nations cup, he's going to be in SOUP!!!

Abi o! if na Amodu be our coach for this kind situation we would be calling for his head,twice he qualify us for the world cup and he still not good enough,let see how siasia fair.this isn't u20 or u23.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by vislabraye(m): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2011
shevalync:

Abi o! if na Amodu be our coach for this kind situation we would be calling for his head,twice he qualify us for the world cup and he still not good enough,let see how siasia fair.this isn't u20 or u23.

The same Amodu that qualified us, did Osaze not criticize him ? In case you've 4gotten, he was one of those players clamouring for a foreign coach.

I think Amodu has been victimized more than any coach in Nigeria. I pity him cos he never reaped the fruits of his hardwork which aint fair.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by bright007(f): 4:07am On Jun 17, 2011
make siasa go die jare!nonesense
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Osaze should CALL, i mean phone CALL, abi him no get credit? Call Siasia and apologise jorrr, call Yobo too as the Captain and this whole thing will be over
did osaze call him when he alledgedly insulted the coach? so why should he call to apologize.

if they dont want the poor boy in the team so be it. afterall, nigeria will not win the nations/world cup for years to come. the national team is in tatters and needs all the good players including osaze it can get.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by mensdept: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
I understand the need for team discipline, but there at times should be a mutual understanding that the coach is the coach and the player is the player- Not that the coach is the king or the player thinks he alone is the team.

We are on the brink of not qualifying for next years nations cup even when NFF had finally given the mantle to SIA1. So Siasia and Odem Odem needs to put their nation first and quickly prepare to trounce the opponents in the final 2 mathces.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by Baro(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2011
A line of distinction should be drawn between enforcing discipline, and being vindictive. For me Siasia is doing the latter, and that is not a quality a good leader should possess. A leader should not operate on a do-me-i-do-you basis. Vindictiveness is often counter-productive, it eventually brings down the house (ask OBJ).

Yobo as the captain of the team is not even helping matters, instead of mediating, he is taking sides. Peace could have easily been brokered by him, but he seems to think that captain-ship is only about wearing arm-band for 90 minutes or more.

For those saying Osaze should re-apologizes, i bet you that will not change anything, (ask Lukman Haruna). reason is stated in first paragraph . . . .Siasia should be matured and cut short his ego trip, this is not about him or Osaze, it's about Nigeria.

It's a make or mar test for Siasia . . . .We are watching.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by aikuda(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2011
@Baro
excellent observation
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by snowdrops(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2011
Could not have said it better. Weldone man.
Baro:

A line of distinction should be drawn between enforcing discipline, and being vindictive. For me Siasia is doing the latter, and that is not a quality a good leader should possess. A leader should not operate on a do-me-i-do-you basis. Vindictiveness is often counter-productive, it eventually brings down the house (ask OBJ).

Yobo as the captain of the team is not even helping matters, instead of mediating, he is taking sides. Peace could have easily been brokered by him, but he seems to think that captain-ship is only about wearing arm-band for 90 minutes or more.

For those saying Osaze should re-apologizes, i bet you that will not change anything, (ask Lukman Haruna). reason is stated in first paragraph . . . .Siasia should be matured and cut short his ego trip, this is not about him or Osaze, it's about Nigeria.

It's a make or mar test for Siasia . . . .We are watching.
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by 1025: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2011
i v heard many apologize on behalf of osaze but siasia wants to show his greatness. well, i wish him well as what an average nigerian needs is winning and qualifying without minding who played and who did not. we will all call for his head if anything goes wrong. as a coach, u have to show forgiveness and make room for unity in ur team and not widening divission.
any house that is divided against itself will surely fall. he must not forget, pride goes before a fall
Re: No Apology, No Eagles Shirt For Osaze – Siasia by alaanu(m): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2011
If Osaze actually left camp without informing the coach, then i think he should apologize. if Siasia is a foreign coach, Osaze would have apologized. But, i believe we would qualify without Osaze and Nigeria will go to the nation's cup without him which is bad for his career considering his age. But, I like it because more players will be given the opportunity to show their talent.

(1) (Reply)

cd / Anticipated Obituary! / FREE Training: The Africa's Best Sports Bet Site 'betafric' Is Recruiting Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.