Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,297 members, 7,881,096 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 (19467 Views)

EFCC Detains Osita Okechukwu, Probes ₦1.3 Billion Fraud / 2023: Tinubu Could Emerge APC’s Consensus Candidate – Osita Okechukwu / Osita Okechukwu Hails Oshiomole's Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Prabhnoor: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2021
see below
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by abu12: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2021
CaptainAyub:

So Ogbonnaya Onu as ANPP party chairman was in Panya when APC was formed?
Chris Ngige too was in Puerto Rico.
Okorocha as governor in Jamaica.
How many votes did yerobber ppl give Obasanjo in 99?
Hypocrisy go kill una soon.

you guys are hypocrites, Ogbonnaya Onu is older than Ahmed bola tinubu but u still prefer onu to be president

1 Like

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 20, 2021
Shegzy8:

I’m not a Buharist and I will never be. Buhari has destroyed this country, I hope you buy your things in a different market where the prices are cheaper or you’re one of those benefiting from this whole mess, so you have to defend them whatever way. I wonder what you’re supporting in this government. The economy is in shambles, security is at its lowest ebb, everything is costly , Nepotism at its peak, debt profile risen, corruption is still the order of the day, intimidation, abuse of power, negligence of duty, slow to action. It’s so much that I can’t state it all.

But i tend to look at everything from a neutral point. Most people on here seems not to read on what has to do with the government, they just read the topic and assume, speak grammars without realizing they are educated illiterates.

Where in my post did you get the notion I am a fan of Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by CaptainAyub: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2021
abu12:

you guys are hypocrites, Ogbonnaya Onu is older than Ahmed bola tinubu but u still prefer onu to be president
This must be the funniest thing I heard in nairaland the whole of this year grin grin grin grin grin grin
AfonjaConehead comman hear ooo grin grin grin
Come and see 69yr old Saint Thiefnuubu who nobody knows the secondary school he attended and his Chicago certificate is just like Buhari's own,d more you look, d less you see grin

1 Like

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by nku5: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2021
If Tinubu does not endorse Osinbajo it will backfire
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Justinlean02(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2021
jetwonder:
grin
I'm from the South East but I'll never vote for OUK, NEVER angry
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by makavely700: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2021
homosapien:
Another long post making brutal sense.
Please note: I did NOT write this and I am not defending our leadership. Truth hurts sometimes.

Copied.

“This write-up resonates with me. Unfortunately, the writer didn't put his name to it. May his pen never dry.

" Analysing the systemic rot in Nigeria.

This is food for thought!!!!!!

The biggest problem of Nigeria in general is this illusionary belief that we can change our country by voting a different person into power.

It is this belief that all problems of a country start and stop with the President.

That if you could just have the right man in power, then all of a sudden, Nigeria would transform. This is what they call chasing a mirage, imagining some utopia. Unfortunately utopias are never realized in life.

The actual problem of Nigeria is not the presidents. From where do these presidents come? From within. The problem of Nigeria, is its citizens, their shared values and mentalities.

The day Nigerians wakeup and stop looking for an external enemy and realize that they themselves are Nigeria's problem is the day we shall get closer to finding a Nigerian solution.

I have often told friends that I am happiest whenever the Governors, ministers, legislators draw bigger salaries every financial year. As Nigerians we lambast our representatives in public for drawing these salaries. In private, we drain our legislators, ministers, etc. We invite them for funerals, for introduction ceremonies and expect them to contribute out of pocket to save us. An elected politician attends no less than 10 functions in a week on average. They are expected to find jobs for their people. They must contribute towards the least of needs. These big salaries they draw, they all go straight to the people they represent. Yet it seems some of us live in an illusion called Nigeria.

We expect our legislators to act as MPs in UK or senators in USA except that in our case, we also expect them to play donor to our people's needs.

We decry the corruption in the country yet we bribe to get our children in the best schools. We bribe our way out of check points. We have no respect for traffic rules. We are every evil we see in the president and his team.

Every ill you can diagnose in PMB and his government, you will find twice or thrice the magnitude in a Nigerian citizen.

We complain of government incompetence, yet go ahead to champion incompetence in every aspect of our lives where government has no control.

Our traders produce or trade on substandard goods.

Ask yourself; if the public sector is too incompetent, how come the private sector has not been any better? How come you are more bound to have a misdiagnosis in a private hospital than in a public hospital?

Our private media houses say or write stories everyday that highlight government incompetence. Yet, there will never be a single day where you will pick up a newspaper and fail to find an error on some pages.

Perhaps one day as Nigerians we ought to self reflect, and look within and realize, that we are demons we are trying to fight. If PMB and his government were the only incompetent people and everyone else was competent, then Nigeria would be an African tiger of sorts. Why don't we have world class cottage industries in the country? Why is it that customer care sucks in private institutions just as it does in public institutions?

Every Nigerian you meet complains of the system, of the incompetence.

Then ask yourself; "you dear Nigerian, where can you find examples of your excellent output?"

The same people who complain of poor working conditions run slavery rings in their own homes. The day housemaids in Nigeria decide to speak out, we shall be shocked at the evil we sustained in our homes.

I now suspect that our anger, our rants, our complaints about the system are all because this system is a daily reminder of our own incompetences, our own weaknesses as a people. What this government has done is hold a mirror up to the Nigerian society and we are not happy about our own reflection.

Do you know that only civil servants and very few industries pay tax? To put it simply, even the taxes we complain that government mishandled, it is just meagre; more than half of the tax revenues are paid by foreign companies. In other words, we don't even have a right to complain.

That should signify an innate Nigerian problem. There is something deeply wrong around how the Nigerian societies are constructed.

Nigerian Citizens promise so much and deliver so little.

Our shared beliefs, mindsets and values have been constructed in such a way that regardless of the president in power, we shall always produce substandard results. It is no wonder that all over Nigeria, we complain of the same problems. Littered cities, corruption, insecurity, failed government institutions, name it all.

It is not a problem of presidents. It is a problem of citizens. We are too scared of self-criticism, we have dabbled in escapism and found scapegoat in PMB.

As Plato wrote in the Republic; "like man, like state." We can't expect to have better leaders until we have better people. You can't create great companies without great employees. It doesn't matter how great the CEO is, if she has crap employees, she will have a crap company. That is the case of Nigeria!

All we need is a critical mass of Do-Right citizens, just five million Nigerians will turn this nonsense over on its head."

Good Morning
if only we had more pple with this kind of thinking and mindset we would stand a chance of turning things around in this nation....
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by bjdon: 9:47am On Dec 20, 2021
Everyday another Igbo person comes out with a pathetic plea to tinubu. Igbos go and campaign, network, sell your candidate(s) to the rest of us/ Stop this begging and pleading. Its sooo demeaning to u guys. Nobody is stepping down for u. Learn how to play NATIONAL politics or face your commercial business and let the rest of us be.

5 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by ERockson: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by CaptainAyub: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2021
Justinlean02:
Bros,I used to think like you,but if zoogerians can proudly support osama buhari and Thiefnuubu, why should I forsake my own thieves in d people of Okorocha and Orji Kalu?
Look at the speed they used to conclude Olisa Metuh's trial but the trial of Dasuki who gave him money has not even started and dude was able to impregnate his wife while in 'DSS detention' while Metuh was languishing in Kuje.
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by jetwonder(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2021
Justinlean02:
I'm supporting South East! he is the only candidate for now!
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by ERockson: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2021
Alright
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by haffaze777(m): 9:53am On Dec 20, 2021
I really don't like Tinubu as a person but with all dis senseless attack against him from particular section of this country,May God spare my life till 2023.i will vote and canvass for him if he contest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Humble29(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2021
Am tired of this old man whose is not healthy enough, parading himself around the corridor of power. He shouldn't forget what happened to him in Edo.
#Edo no be Lagos
#Tinubu
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by ORIAYO70(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2021
Partupo:
Back in 2015, You voted a terrorist sympathetic incompetent dunce a.k.a Mannequin at 21 years old, by 2023 you will be 28 years old. Continue.

If you like vote old cargos like the frog eyed, drug baron with no vision, i.e Mannequin 2.0 you will regret it.

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40 you will have nothing to show for it.

Be warned.

Bring him out any Sane corrupt free politicians, when Tinubu die some senseless dunce will join him
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by sterlingD(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2021
This man get work for somewhere else wey dey make am talk like this.Shey him know sey him no suppose to dey partisan with him employment position.
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by techWriter5: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2021
You must be madSouth East kill una Make every tribe contest... Hmm, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.

1 Like

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2021
tyson98:
He no go hear ojuyobo

I dunno why we just have greedy leaders in this country....so sad!
Do they just support people any how? How many godfathers in Igbo land are usually in sync with their godsons beyond the first few months of winning an election? When we say these things let's be objective because most times we allow ourselves get carried away by sentiments that we tend not to see the true picture. Ngige that he stood for and helped tremendously how did it end?

1 Like

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by seunsmith1930(m): 10:15am On Dec 20, 2021
Where this man wey dey talk this rubbish, show me him picture make I see
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by onuman: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2021
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/von-dg-begs-tinubu-not-to-run-for-president-in-2023/
If Tinubu ignores the fact that it's the turn of the Igbo to present a successor to President Buhari, he is merely campaigning for a northerner, possibly, Atiku, to succeed Buhari.
In 1999, zoning principles made Nigeria allow 2 Yoruba presidential candidates on the 2 largest political parties.

1 Like

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by onuman: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2021
BigSarah:
If Nigerians could eagerly vote buhari twice, why not Tinubu? We love mediocrity.

Tinubu 2023

Insha Allah
And the same Nigerians who voted for mediocrity because of ethno-religious bigotry will turn around crying when the hunger starts to bite them from the poor performance of the mediocrity they voted for.

I laugh at some Yoruba dullards who drum support for Tinubu to succeed president Buhari. Those dullards will vote a Tinubu but not vote an Okonjo Iwealla for president of Nigeria.
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Sheggy13(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2021
onuman:

If Tinubu ignores the fact that it's the turn of the Igbo to present a successor to President Buhari, he is merely campaigning for a northerner, possibly, Atiku, to succeed Buhari.
In 1999, zoning principles made Nigeria allow 2 Yoruba presidential candidates on the 2 largest political parties.
Why can't Igbos claim the same turn with Atiku or whatever northerner the PDP wants to present. I guess it's only in APC Igbos need their turn, isn't it? Same APC you guys love to hate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by dapolaw(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2021
So were these individuals you mentioned stopped from exercising their fundamental rights?

Have they shown interests and people shut them up?

Tinubu has every right to contest just like all the people you mentioned and he won't be cowed.

CaptainAyub:

So Ogbonnaya Onu as ANPP party chairman was in Panya when APC was formed?
Chris Ngige too was in Puerto Rico.
Okorocha as governor in Jamaica.
How many votes did yerobber ppl give Obasanjo in 99?
Hypocrisy go kill una soon.

3 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by cocolacec(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2021
emmalexdboy:
Leave him to contest, he can never be the president of this country. If at all, he wins: he will die in office.

Old man that can't even hold a mic again to speak still hungry for power.

What's going on in this country? The people pushing him to contest will lead him to his final death.

All South East leaders will die in Office come 2023.
The hatred from nyanmirins to Yoruba leaders is alarming.Nyanmirins kolo leaders can contest against Yorubas,no yoruba stops nyanmirins from contesting.Awon were amukun meko.

4 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2021
tyson98:
He no go hear ojuyobo

I dunno why we just have greedy leaders in this country....so sad!

Even your dad too is geedy

2 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:47am On Dec 20, 2021
CaptainAyub:

This must be the funniest thing I heard in nairaland the whole of this year grin grin grin grin grin grin
AfonjaConehead comman hear ooo grin grin grin
Come and see 69yr old Saint Thiefnuubu who nobody knows the secondary school he attended and his Chicago certificate is just like Buhari's own,d more you look, d less you see grin

Your lineage is a slave to Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2021
onuman:

Unfortunately Igbos votes is inconsiquential

And it has always been

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:52am On Dec 20, 2021
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/von-dg-begs-tinubu-not-to-run-for-president-in-2023/

WHY are Ibos afraid of Tinubu contesting elections

IBos votes don't count in presidential elections

So

Tinubu don't need Ibos votes or support

Stop wasting your data on Tinubu

Your dad too can contest ;it's a free world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by CaptainAyub: 11:53am On Dec 20, 2021
olatuns2017:

Your lineage is a slave to Tinubu

My brother, my lineage do not do slavery,at least not modern day slavery.
Na una ppl dem know with that.
Slave to Pablo Escobar Thiefnuubu.
Slave to Sokoto caliphate.
Slave to osama BinHari
Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2021

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by olatuns2017: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2021
CaptainAyub:

My brother, my lineage do not do slavery,at least not modern day slavery.
Na una ppl dem know with that.
Slave to Pablo Escobar Thiefnuubu.
Slave to Sokoto caliphate.
Slave to osama BinHari

Why is your grandparent begging slave not to contest elections in 2023?

It shows you and your people are insane !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Okechukwu Asks Tinubu Not To Run For President In 2023 by Shegzy8(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2021
Dsalvo:

Where in my post did you get the notion I am a fan of Buhari?

Someone else quoted me almost the same time. So my response wasn’t for you.

It’s pathetic how they claim to hate and chastise Tinubu but cannot go a day without mentioning his name!! Both their leaders and different associations/ socio-cultural groups.

Is it a case of inferiority complex?

The same people aren’t calling out Tambuwal, Atiku, Kwankwaso etc. Even though it is so glaring they are preparing as well.

How can you be begging someone you claim isn’t a threat and also asking him to support one of your own. Monkey dey work baboon won chop!!

Someone worked to put a government in there, A government you all hate and has openly declared your hatred for and you all expect the person to give it up.

Look at what’s happening in PDP. A northerner is the Chairman and the presidential race isn’t zoned. Just imagined it happened in APC.

Funniest thing is that none of there politicians has started campaigning rigorously neither have we seen there underground work. (Excluding OUK)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact-Check: Did The Olu Of Warri Endorse Bola Ahmed Tinubu? (Video) / "Tinubu And APC Governors Behind Akeredolu" - Okorocha / There Is A ‘plot To Remove Saraki, Dogara Violently’: CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.