Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,789 members, 7,969,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:23 AM

NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike (492 Views)

Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos) / What Buhari's Refusal To Sign Electoral Bill Will Do To Nigeria In 2019 - Wike / Afcta: Senator Sani Speaks On Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by Azeemokoya: 12:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, says members of the National Assembly lack the guts and boldness to veto President Muhammadu Buhari’s withholding of assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill.

Wike was reacting to President Buhari’s refusal to sign the Bill into law on Tuesday, said the right thing for the lawmakers to do would be to override the President by using their veto power, but according to the Governor, the reverse is the case as the lawmakers are too timid and do not have what it takes to go against Buhari.

Wike added the real reason for Buhari’s refusal to assent to the Bill was because “it was part of the All Progressives Congress (APC) scheme to allegedly deny Nigerians free, fair and transparent election in 2023.”

Wike who bared his mind on Tuesday following the controversy generated by Buhari’s action, said the only way for Nigerians not to repeat the 2015 and 2019 mistakes of voting the APC-led federal government into power was to send them packing in 2023.

“Three weeks ago, I told Nigerians that there is a conspiracy not to have a free, fair, transparent election in 2023 and that conspiracy was very clear. And I told Nigerians, Mr President will not sign the Electoral Act amendment bill,” Wike said.

Wike said he knows the “modus operandi, style and strategy of the APC, and it is obvious to all discerning minds that the clause on direct primaries was inserted into the Electoral Act amendment bill as a ploy for the president to refuse assent to the bill.”

He accused the APC governors and their National Assembly members of allegedly deceiving Nigerians that they were engaged in a battle of supremacy over the issue of direct primaries, whereas they had secretly agreed to scuttle the possibility of transmitting election result electronically in 2023.

“What APC resolved in one the secret meetings they had was that their problem is not necessarily direct primaries, but the electronic transmission of result in 2023.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/wike-accuses-nass-members-of-lacking-guts/

Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by shuttox: 1:58am On Dec 22, 2021
Ok
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by Bluntguy: 2:59am On Dec 22, 2021
I concur
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by donleo92(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2021
the set of senators we have now are timid. no bones
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by princdebola201(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2021
donleo92:
if it was easy , saraki would have done it
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by Remman(m): 6:56am On Dec 22, 2021
They're humans with goat brain
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by khadaffi(m): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2021
donleo92:
They are not timid. It is Nigerians that were foolish. You don't vote for the executive and legislature from the same party, it is disastrous. What we have now is rubber stamp. The worst legislature I have witnessed in my time and consciousness in this life

1 Like

Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by JohnBullMySon: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2021
I don't like Buhari's government at all. But Wike is talking trash here.

He never mentioned what is good about the bill in the first place. Why can't he tell us why the bill should be signed if he has read the details. Everything is a conspiracy against PDP for him. He should learn to keep quiet at times like a sensible man, not obsessing over Buhari all the time and picking unnecessary fights with anyone that disagrees with him.
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by JohnBullMySon: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2021
khadaffi:

They are not timid. It is Nigerians that were foolish. You don't vote for the executive and legislature from the same party, it is disastrous. What we have now is rubber stamp. The worst legislature I have witnessed in my time and consciousness in this life
Lol. No that's how politics works everywhere. If you pit the legislature against the executive, you'll have serious breakdown of government. In the US, congress majority and executive are usually from the same party. Also why do you think the UK and many developed European countries choose the party leader of the majority in Parliament as the prime minister?
Re: NASS Lacks The Guts To Veto Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Bill – Wike by blamingthedevil: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I don't like Buhari's government at all. But Wike is talking trash here.

He never mentioned what is good about the bill in the first place. Why can't he tell us why the bill should be signed if he has read the details. Everything is a conspiracy against PDP for him. He should learn to keep quiet at times like a sensible man, not obsessing over Buhari all the time and picking unnecessary fights with anyone that disagrees with him.

Don't mind those guys above you, as if Direct Primary will solve all electoral problems...it will even make it worse...Did PDP ever conducted Direct Primary? No. Why the noise? The President raised valid points with no other superior argument

(1) (Reply)

The President Confirmed Another Reason Why I Should Be President (pic) / Yoruba Group Send Letter Of Gratitude To Benin Republic / Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.