Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,341 members, 7,940,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (9770 Views)

Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal — Saraki / Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fayemi & Ambode At Awolowo Family For Condolence (pix) / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by lagboyz: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2011
I'd give tinubu the benefit of the doubt on this one.

He has nothing to gain from whatever the article was about, and i think he'd have shown that sort of behaviour long before now if that was his mindset.

He couldnt have gotten to his present level had he shown such behaviour before now.

So i'm inclined to believe some mischievious forces are at work here, trying to discredit him. He's not a small boy who doesnt know his left from his right.

And the writer of that article needs to be investigated.

Forget it my brother. Omotseye was sent by the bastard son of Iragbiji. For your info Omotseye is the chairman editorial board of "The nations Newspaper" owned by Tinubu. He couldnt have written such a writup without his consent.

Come to think of it what has Tinubu said in this letter. Did he apologise? The answer is NO. He has instaed chose to attack Tribune.
time will surely tell who is representing the interestof the Yorubas. Tinubu should NOT be trusted.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by tpia5: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2011
I'm not saying he should be trusted but so far i havent seen anything in his character to indicate he'd be so foolhardy as to approve of that kind of write up.

It simply goes against the grain of what being a yoruba leader entails.

He didnt get to where he is today by insulting those who went before him.

Of course i'm not saying i know the man but the whole thing is very fishy.

even obj doesnt act like that.

that kind of article is more typical of the young upstarts with a god complex who think the world is centered around them and their opinion.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by aloyemeka1: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2011
lagboyz:

Forget it my brother. Omotseye was sent by the naughty person son of Iragbiji. For your info Omotseye is  the chairman editorial board of "The nations Newspaper" owned by Tinubu. He couldnt have written such a writup without his consent.

Come to think of it what has  Tinubu said in this letter. Did he apologise? The answer is NO. He has instaed chose to attack Tribune.
time will surely tell who is representing the interestof the Yorubas. Tinubu should NOT be trusted.

WHY ARE YOU NOT CURSING THE TRIBUNE FOR CALLING TINUBU A FELON WHEN HE IS NOT?. TINUBU MAY BE A THIEF BUT THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF CHARACTER ASSASSINATION.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by daphil: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2011
Tinubu is a joker. ;DHe is not and will never be the Asiwaju of Yorubaland. Better still, let him remain the Asiwaju of ACN, as he is better known. He is digging his own grave by his recent attack on Awolowo dynasty. Very soon we shall be reading the "rise and fall of tinubu". grin
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Ystranger: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2011
tpia@:

I'd give tinubu the benefit of the doubt on this one.

He has nothing to gain from whatever the article was about, and i think he'd have shown that sort of behaviour long before now if that was his mindset.

He couldnt have gotten to his present level had he shown such behaviour before now.

So i'm inclined to believe some mischievious forces are at work here, trying to discredit him. He's not a small boy who doesnt know his left from his right.

And the writer of that article needs to be investigated.

I promise to not post today, but then i saw this:

And, yes, he has shown this behaviour in the past. He has always been tolerated because he funded NADECO with a lot of drug money. Just as how Omisore was tolerated because of his access to unearned money. Very unfortunate.

You must have left Nigeria a long time ago, probably you dont even know who Tinubu is.

Anyway, a quick summary. He had a fallout with his first deputy-governor, Koforola Akerele Bucknor.

Buckno was a senator in the second republic, before being forced on Tinubu, kinda, by Afenefere, i think. She was NADECO through and through; imprisoned by Abache while Tinubu was enjoying his drug money on the South-Side of Chicago.

Anyway, fast forward to 1998/1999, Tinubu got the AD ticket and wanted to take over the machinery of AD , and if possible field Atiku as presidential candidate from the get go. Bucknor refused to play ball with Tinubu. Tinubu fought back, disrespected her, and made life hell for her until she resigned. Remember how Obj ridiculed Atiku? Tinubu sis more than that to Bucknor.

The point: Tinubu would go to any length to get what he wants. He wanted to take over Tribune, Awo's son fought back. He wanted to be the only one with access to HID and the Awo name, but HID would not succumb to his pressures and subtle entreaties, hobnobbing with OGD et al instead.

All these, amongst many others, infuriated Tinubu, hence, the sponsored Op-ed.

Geddit now.

Anyway, enjoy this clip from Gbenga Adeboye.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZD1xMxhFGk?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

This is for everyone (that understands concentrated Yoruba), most especially my beloved sweet-heart, Tpiah Stranger, who havent been home in ages.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by omo9ja1(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2011
I think some people are not happy that Tiunbu will become asiwaju of Yoruba land, I don't see any problem in that Yoruba has many tittle's for grab,

on this issue I think Tinubu has spoken well I will like you to pay mama a visit and let us move on will the good work-_- opari
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Xfactoria: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2011
omo9ja1:

I think some people are not happy that Tiunbu will become asiwaju of Yoruba land, I don't see any problem in that Yoruba has many tittle's for grab,

on this issue I think Tinubu has spoken well I will like you to pay mama a visit and let us move on will the good work-_- opari

He will only speak well by his actions. Let him sack Omatseye first, then we'll know he has no hand in that publication.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by naso2(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2011
Jarus:

Stop contributing to national illiteracy by miseducating people here.

The statement, 'disowns the attack', is perfectly correct, grammatically.
Disown, according to major dictionaries, means 'to refuse to acknowledge or accepts as one's own'.

Attack, as even used in that sentence, is not a verb(action), but a noun(thing).

They attack HID.(action, verb)
The attack on HID (noun)

The second is clearly operative there, not the first. That is your goof 1.
Goof 2: You said 'disown', when used as a verb, the object should take the place of a proper noun. This is incorrect. You can disown an action. In fact, major dictionaries define 'disown' as 'to refuse to acknowledge'. Now tell me why you can't acknowledge an action. I refer you to that quote by Mason Cooley: "Fearful of sentimentality, I disown my tears and melting heart". Tell me 'tears' is a proper noun!

NB: To be double sure of my stand, I consulted answers.com and dictionary.com.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Ystranger: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2011
tpia@:

I'm not saying he should be trusted but so far i havent seen anything in his character to indicate he'd be so foolhardy as to approve of that kind of write up.

What kind of behavior do you expect from a former drug lord?

It simply goes against the grain of what being a yoruba leader entails.

Well, so is lying? stealing? doing drugs? sending assasins at your opponents, NO?

He didnt get to where he is today by insulting those who went before him.

He got to where he is because of his drug money. And he could not have been more vocal in the past because the AD platform he used to launch himself was Afenefere's. He has always had the tendency, but hey, no one goes against Bola Ige and come out alive, not even JESUS would try it. Yeah, Bola Ige was that influential, eloquent and according to his peers, very caustic. You would not have expected him to go against Ajasin or Adesanya. They would have cut him to size and narrated his 'Iragbiji' origin to him, undiluted. They would have reminded him of how he got to where he is

Of course I'm not saying i know the man but the whole thing is very fishy.

This is nothing fishy here. Alex Ibru never wrote an article before Al-Mustapha sent Sgt. Rogers after him. Remember that event. Tinubu planted this. Omatseye is not Yoruba. Omatseye knows nothing about HID Awolowo. He never read any of Awo's books, never campaigned for Awo, and so he made a lot of gaffes that exposed his ignorance, which would only mean one thing:that he was sponsored by Tinubu.

Ebenezar Babtope, Okunrounmu and the Awolowo kids would not have replied if this was just Omatseye. He is an unknown in Nigeria. Besides being a friend to Babafemi Ojudu, he would never have gotten the job as editorial head of 'The Nation' or any other newspaper for that matter. His writing is atrocious for someone of his caliber. Go take a good look at the articles he wrote at 'The News.' His English Professors would be angst were they to see  his articles.

even obj doesnt act like that.

Have you read any of OBJ's book?

that kind of article is more typical of the young upstarts with a god complex who think the world is centered around them and their opinion.

It may well be. But for someone with no connection to Awo whatsoever. There is more to it. How old was he when Awo called HID, his jewel of inestimable value? Think about it Tpiah.

Its obvious you've lost touch.

This is for you Tpiah:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOBrhlhL9o?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by seguno2: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2011
MY attention has been drawn to an article in Monday’s edition of The Nation newspaper, written by one Sam Omatseye and entitled ‘Awo family without an Awo’.

Ordinarily, I do not join issues with uninformed individuals, nor do I comment on articles written in uncouth and downright vile and violent language. Hypocrites that claim to be more catholic than the Pope or more Awoist than his family when they, in fact, hobnob with so-called pariahs when it suits them and their pockets, certainly, do not engage my attention, usually.

However, this piece, the latest in a long campaign of calumny against my person and family and which, if reports are to be believed, is the opening salvo of a fresh campaign apparently aimed at destroying and demystifying the Awolowo family, deserves an appropriate response, particularly since, we are informed that such campaigns have been adopted as the preferred policy and strategy by a particular political party to consolidate its hold on its newly-acquired political power base.

At 95, I have lived long enough to expect common civility from younger ones, assuming that they received and imbibed proper home training. Having just lost my daughter less than two months ago, I also expect that normal people would spare me the kind of vitriolic attack that was unleashed on my person and my family, particularly as such an attack was entirely unprovoked.

It is pertinent to mention here that, for all their protestations as the true children of Awo, the top hierarchy of the leadership of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has not deemed it fit to offer me condolences on the bereavement either by telephone, letter, or personal visit, up till now.

I should certainly not expect anyone in his right mind to, in the same article, rake up the old wounds of the previous tragic loss of my first son and then proceed to question and, indeed, dismiss the notion that he could possibly have been fit to carry his illustrious father’s mantle. All in a bid to situate Mr Omatseye’s ‘patron’ as the anointed heir of a heritage that can never be purchased.

For the avoidance of doubt, my son, Olusegun, was a graduate of Cambridge University and he was called to the bar in the UK after a stint at the Inner Temple, where his father also studied. These are facts that are open for verification by anyone who wishes to do so.

Our expectations of Segun were tragically cut short and it is a cruel irony that a so-called Awoist has chosen to taunt me with this. With friends like this, who needs an enemy?

Omatseye claims that, “in all his tribulations, the family (Awo) had was not his flesh and blood.” One of the basic tenets of journalism is that facts are sacred but comments are free. Perhaps it should not be surprising that Omatseye failed even in this. I would like to refer him to the dedication contained in Awo’s last book, first published in 1987, The Travails of Democracy and the Rule of Law. I quote:

“To my children, Omotola, Oluwole, Ayodele, Olatokunbo. They also bravely weathered the fierce and howling storm from sixty-two to sixty-six; they suffered mental agony in silence; they provided besides sources of cheer for Papa and Mama, in the four-yearÂ*long journey through the dark and dreary tunnel.”

As for my personal role in my husband’s life before, during and after the crisis, I commend to Omatseye most of his publications, particularly AWO: My March Through Prison, and The Travails of Democracy and the Rule of Law.

It is surely to the utter shame of a so-called avowed Awoist that he has exposed his absolute lack of any knowledge of Awo’s life. I would not be surprised if Omatseye was unaware, as many of his cohorts also appear to be, that I was the first person to use the broom as a party symbol when I led the party’s campaign for the Federal elections that were held during my husband’s incarceration.

Omatseye’s dishonest claim of respect for Awo’s thoughts and opinions is further debunked by his notion that Awo was unable to correctly assess his wife of 48 years (at the time of his transition).

The abject insult that was heaped on my person by Omatseye, for daring to rise above partisanship and pursue the common good has caused me the kind of pain that can only be dealt with by offering it to God, whose wheel of justice may grind slowly but is guaranteed to grind exceedingly fine.

I notice a reference to ‘dynastic curse’ in the article under reference. I totally reject that in my family, by the blood of Jesus and I decree, by His power, that any contrary pronouncement shall return to its sender.

As for the Awo family’s non-attendance at recent inauguration ceremonies, as decent and dignified people, we know that etiquette does not permit you to attend functions to which you have not been invited.

My daughter, Awolowo-Dosumu’s public career and foray into partisan politics had at various times in the past been described in disparaging terms on the pages of The Nation newspaper. The reference to her in the article under reference is, therefore, nothing new.

I am glad, however, that, by Omatseye’s own admission and inference, all those who recently assumed governance in the South-West have done so by riding Awo’s coat tail. What baffles me, however, is the inverted logic that suggests that his own daughter had no right to his coat tail while these others do.

The mantra, when my daughter was contesting, which emanated from the same group that has now metamorphosed into the conquering army of the west, was ‘a o le sin Baba ka sin omo’ (we cannot serve the father and the child) has obviously been jettisoned as many of the children and spouses of these same people have now emerged winners in various electoral contests. One law for the goose, another for the gander.

Like her father before her, she has taken electoral defeat in her stride and has since returned to her profession as an Occupational Health Physician. In other words, she has moved on. It is about time that everyone else did too.

In any case, Dr Awolowo- Dosumu’s role and activities at the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation since its inception in 1992 have been acknowledged and recognised, even internationally, by fair-minded people who are not so blinkered by their inordinate desire to ‘own’ a legacy that belongs to all that they become economical with the truth and unleash despicable propaganda on people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Only two years ago, the series of activities organised by the Foundation attracted high-level national and international participation and were favourably received by the general public.

I recall that some so-called Awoists refused to support the initiative on the pretext that the support of the ‘wrong crowd’ had also been invited. Of course, this did not prevent the full participation of these ‘purists’ in the fund-raising ceremony for Sir Ahmadu Bello’s centenary celebrations, an event that was organised by the then governors of the northern states, none of whom belonged to the party of ‘the perfect ones’.

For clarification, I applaud the way in which the governors and all concerned rallied to the cause of celebrating Sir Ahmadu Bello, one of Nigeria’s founding fathers. I simply quote this example to highlight the breath-taking hypocrisy of these modern-day Pharisees.

I believed then, and I still believe now, that Chief Awolowo’s right to be honoured and celebrated, particularly in the territory in which he held sway and in which he performed the feats for which he will be forever remembered, should not be predicated on political party affiliation.

As far as I am aware, Chief Awolowo did not found any of the political parties existing in Nigeria today. His political associates, those who actually knew him personally and worked with him, can be found in several different parties. Let me remind Omatseye and others like him that Awo expounded the theory of dialectics in his last presidential address to the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) in Abeokuta in 1983.

His thoughts and ideas have been proved beyond any doubt to be the blueprint for Nigeria’s, even Africa’s development and it remains a source of joy to me to see and hear people from all political parties, using him as their road map to success in governance. Talk about vindication!

I, and my family, refuse, therefore, to be hamstrung or blackmailed into going into the bondage of exclusive association with people who clearly resent and despise us and have made no secret of that fact.

We applaud all those who have tried their best to approximate Chief Awolowo’s record of service and we extend our best wishes to those, including those in Omatseye’s list, who are just setting out on their journey of governance. We pray that they may succeed, even as Awo did. To do so, however, they have to remain faithful to his ideals and work sacrificially, as he did, for the benefit of the people in whose trust they today occupy high offices and whose expectations have been raised that another Awo era has arrived.

Finally, let me say this. When last I checked, there was no law in Nigeria that compelled anyone to go into partisan politics. Under a democratic dispensation, freedom of association is also guaranteed.

Mr Omatseye would, no doubt, balk at any suggestion that he should forgo any of his rights as a bona fide citizen of Nigeria, including the above-mentioned rights and liberties, under any circumstances. As my husband always used to say (and include in many of his writings), however, you must always concede the rights to others that you claim for yourself. This is an important lesson for Omatseye.

To the uninformed, Chief Awolowo’s legacies begin and end with partisan politics. Those who know better, however, recognise that his legacies as a thinker, visionary and administrator hold far wider and more profound implications for, and potential to impact, posterity. My children know this and remain free to choose, individually and collectively, which aspect of their paterfamilias’legacy they wish to promote and progress.

My family fully recognises, cherishes and welcomes the larger Awo family, regardless of status or location. But we will not be harassed into associating with anyone or group, no matter how loudly they proclaim their self-righteousness.

Let me end with one of Papa's favourite quotes,

What stronger breastplate than a heart untainted!
Thrice is he armed that hath his quarrel just,
And he but naked, though locked up in steel,
Whose conscience with injustice is corrupted.

I hope this statement will be given the same prominence in The Nation newspaper as the offensive article.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Ystranger: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2011
X-factoria:

He will only speak well by his actions. Let him sack Omatseye first, then we'll know he has no hand in that publication.

MAY YOU NEVER KNOW EVIL IN YOUR LIFE

MAY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BE FILLED WITH JOY AND SUCCESS

You may or may not believe it, God is with you wherever you are right now

Olohun a wa pelu e

Nnkan to ba dawole, O mama sorire ni

Oboba la b'oke, kokoko lab'okuta

Iro kuni won pa

Mada Tpiah loun kosi nkan to ma se e

O ti o, wa ma losiwaju ni

Bi o tin gboriyin fun awon to ju e lo, olohun a ma gboriyin fun e

May God in his infinite wisdom crown you with all the desire you seek

This is the best post ever!
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by hercules07: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2011
Why should he sack someone for holding an opinion, abeg make una comout jare, let the old woman too stop responding to someone who is old enough to be her son or grandson sef.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by lagboyz: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Yes nobody deemed it fit to call the tribune to order in all these attacks

I dont think I have business about what names Tribune calls Tinubu!!. I am not a bastard who use left hand to point to his fathers house. Tinubu wanted to rewrite history. He got it wrong. The river that forgets his source goes dry.

Asiwaju of what? of drug barons of looters. His cup is full.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by rasputinn(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ystranger:

What kind of behavior do you expect from a former drug lord?

[b]Well, so is lying? stealing? doing drugs? sending assasins at your opponents, NO?

He got to where he is because of his drug money. And he could not have been more vocal in the past because the AD platform he used to launch himself was Afenefere's. He has always had the tendency, but hey, no one goes against Bola Ige and come out alive, not even JESUS would try it. Yeah, Bola Ige was that influential, eloquent and according to his peers, very caustic. You would not have expected him to go against Ajasin or Adesanya. They would have cut him to size and narrated his 'Iragbiji' origin to him, undiluted. They would have reminded him of how he got to where he is[/b]This is nothing fishy here. Alex Ibru never wrote an article before Al-Mustapha sent Sgt. Rogers after him. Remember that event. Tinubu planted this. Omatseye is not Yoruba. Omatseye knows nothing about HID Awolowo. He never read any of Awo's books, never campaigned for Awo, and so he made a lot of gaffes that exposed his ignorance, which would only mean one thing:that he was sponsored by Tinubu.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOBrhlhL9o?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

End of discussion
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by lagboyz: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ystranger:

MAY YOU NEVER KNOW EVIL IN YOUR LIFE

MAY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BE FILLED WITH JOY AND SUCCESS

You may or may not believe it, God is with you wherever you are right now

Olohun a wa pelu e

Nnkan to ba dawole, O mama sorire ni

Oboba la b'oke, kokoko lab'okuta

Iro kuni won pa

Mada Tpiah loun kosi nkan to ma se e

O ti o, wa ma losiwaju ni

Bi o tin gboriyin fun awon to ju e lo, olohun a ma gboriyin fun e

May God in his infinite wisdom crown you with all the desire you seek

This is the best post ever!

Ase o baba. (Amen Baba)
Aro a ro mo (So shall it be)
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by rasputinn(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

^^^^ What do you care? I know ibo people are not about to start shedding tears on behalf of Awolowo?

Stick to being the first to distributing pamphlets abeg.

Are you IboI coulda sworn you're egun.
I really doubt you're Ibo by any shade cos I've come to know Ibomen to be independent-minded people who rarely lick a$$e$ the way you do Tinubu's
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by daphil: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2011
Tinubu may be propering now but it is transient. His supposed political empire is unsustainable. It is a matter of time. grin
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Ystranger: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
hercules07:

Why should he sack someone for holding an opinion, abeg make una comout jare, let the old woman too stop responding to someone who is old enough to be her son or grandson sef.

He has a standard to uphold. Standards to live up to, professionally, ethically and culturally. He was  supposed to be professional at all times, even with his "unsolicited opinion." It is the sacrifice you make as a professional. He was supposed to use his 'bully pupit' to inform, educate, report and opine TRUTHFULLY.

He erred the moment he went personal with HID, that if Awo was to come back, he would divorce her. He erred the moment he started stoking the flames of past emotional hurt, referencing the unfortunate death of her first son, 40 yrs ago. He went straight for the jugular because he wanted to exact maximum hurt. No remorse whatsoever. It was deliberate and intentional. In addition, he went over the line when, against his better judgement, could not wait for HID to finish mourning the death of her daughter before criticizing her, baseless-ly. He erred by not sticking to facts, throwing his journalistic ethics to the dogs in the process. Not minding his wanton disregard of basic human decency.

We all have choices to make. We decide how we use our gifts, talents and opportunities. How we treat others is totally under our control. "Choices can be hard. You can seduce yourself with your gifts if you're not careful, and if you do, it'll probably be to the detriment of your choices." If at all anything, why attack a 95 yr old woman, who is still mourning the death of her daughter. In life, especially in Nigeria where your status can change anytime, it is always better to be kind than to be a smartarse.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by otokx(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
TINUBU is the man
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by dayokanu(m): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2011
lagboyz:

I dont think I have business about what names Tribune calls Tinubu!!. I am not a naughty person who use left hand to point to his fathers house. Tinubu wanted to rewrite history. He got it wrong. The river that forgets his source goes dry.

Asiwaju of what? of drug barons of looters. His cup is full.

You have no business with what Tinubu is called by Tribune? isnt that funny? I am sure no Yoruba person would ever reason like that.

Tribune is free to call Tinubu whatever names REALLY? Yet HIV Awolowo couldnt call them to order

Well thank God for the likes of Tinubu and ACN else Yoruba land would have gone  to the dogs. If not for Tinubu, Obanikoro, Akala, Omisore and Oni would be leaders.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu May you continue to Prosper. Owo ti ogede ba gbe ara re ni o fi na, Eni ti o ba da eeru ni eeru n to. Afopina to so wipe ohun o pa fitila, Ara e ni yo pa.

Gbogboro ni owo n yo ju ori, Ogun odun ti eshin ba fi n sare, iwaju iwaju ni yo ma ba ile

Tinubu iwo lo ma bori gbogbo awon asebaje ile Yoruba awon PDP iwo ni wa bori won, Awon supporter Omisore, Akala, OBJ, Obanikoro, Olurin etc
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by EkoIle1: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

You have no business with what Tinubu is called by Tribune? isnt that funny? I am sure no Yoruba person would ever reason like that.

Tribune is free to call Tinubu whatever names REALLY? Yet HIV Awolowo couldnt call them to order

Well thank God for the likes of Tinubu and ACN else Yoruba land would have gone  to the dogs. If not for Tinubu, Obanikoro, Akala, Omisore and Oni would be leaders.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu May you continue to Prosper. Owo ti ogede ba gbe ara re ni o fi na, Eni ti o ba da eeru ni eeru n to. Afopina to so wipe ohun o pa fitila, Ara e ni yo pa.

Gbogboro ni owo n yo ju ori, Ogun odun ti eshin ba fi n sare, iwaju iwaju ni yo ma ba ile

Tinubu iwo lo ma bori gbogbo awon asebaje ile Yoruba awon PDP iwo ni wa bori won, Awon supporter Omisore, Akala, OBJ, Obanikoro, Olurin etc

Amin ase o
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by satani22: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2011
coward tinubu. Didn't expressly apologized but apologized by[b] Implication.[/b]

A statement signed by Tinubu’s Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Olakunle Abimbola, said: “I wish to assure Mama that I cannot disparage the Awo family without disparaging the legacy that all of us proudly embrace and are trying to sustain,” Tinubu wrote in his letter, dated June 9, 2011.

Tinubu reiterated his respect and affection for Mama Awolowo and her offspring, adding that that was not about to change.
“I have absolutely no need to cause Mama any heartache in her old age. All I want for her is to be happy. I assure her of my love and reverence; and affection for her family.”
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Eziachi: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
lagboyz:

[color=#006600]

Forget it my brother. Omotseye was sent by the naughty person son of Iragbiji. For your info Omotseye is the chairman editorial board of "The nations Newspaper" owned by Tinubu. He couldnt have written such a writup without his consent.

Come to think of it what has  Tinubu said in this letter. Did he apologise? The answer is NO. He has instaed chose to attack Tribune.

So in line with you reasoning, every attack on Bola Tinubu by TRIBUNE, sometimes very direct, over the top and personal was sanctioned by Mrs Awolowo/Family? Can you answer please.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
Eziachi:

[size=18pt]So in line with you reasoning, every attack on Bola Tinubu by TRIBUNE, sometimes very direct, over the top and personal was sanctioned by Mrs Awolowo/Family? Can you answer please.[/size]

I have put your quotes in bold so everyone can see and they can respond appropriately
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Eziachi: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
X-factoria:

Sack a man (journalist) for doing his job? Is that your understanding of labour laws in a socalled democracy? I think you are best suited for North Korea.
Persons like you haven't actually read the overblown piece written by this guy, just the usual follow-follow Nigeria. Attacking someone because others are doing so without knowing why.
Give a single quote in the said article that you find offensive?
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by favouredjb(f): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dayokanu,i respect most of your posts on nl.and also find them very funny

but i'm shocked u didnt see anything wrong i what dt omatseye dude wrote,u even went as far as calling mama HIV,dts not fair at alll

tinubu ll get his,lagbara oloun
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Eziachi: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^
I am sick of hearing this article without anyone siting one line in the piece they hated. Can you tell us a paragraph in the article that insulted Mrs Awolowo or forever give it a rest?
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Ystranger: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Eziachi:

^^^^
I am sick of hearing this article without anyone siting one line in the piece they hated. Can you tell us a paragraph in the article that insulted Mrs Awolowo or forever give it a rest?

You are Ibo, not Yoruba

You cant understand. Give it a rest please. Butt off this issue. It is none of your business.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Demdem(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2011
Eziachi:

^^^^

Save your breath. obviously those criticizing him haven't even read the article written by omatseye. and if they have read it, they have issues in understanding the stuff. I for one have read it and i see no where Mama was insulted.
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Demdem:

Save your breath. obviously those criticizing him haven't even read the article written by omatseye. and if they have read it, they have issues in understanding the stuff. I for one have read it and i see no where Mama was insulted.

That's a joke, right?
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
favouredjb:

Dayokanu,i respect most of your posts on nl.and also find them very funny

but i'm shocked u didnt see anything wrong i what dt omatseye dude wrote,u even went as far as calling mama HIV,dts not fair at alll

tinubu ll get his,lagbara oloun

Maybe I should ask you if you have ever seen anything wrong with the incessant attacks on Tinubu by the Tribune papers?

How did it get to Tinubu would get his? You are blaming Tinubu for Omatseyes write up?

So in a similar manner I can say Mrs Awolowo and family are responsible for the incessant attacks on Tinubu?

if that is true, then the Awolowos attacked Tinubu first through their writers and Tinubu responded through his own writers too

Which law says that one party can attack  the other and not expect return fire?
Re: Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
naijababe:

That's a joke, right?

Whats your take on this and how did Tinubu come into it?

If its because he is the owner of the nation then we can say the Awolowos started their attacks first

Have you seen the link below?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=690733.msg8521069#msg8521069

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Projects In Ogrute, Enugu Ezike, Igbo-Eze LGA / My Administration Repositioning Nigeria's Economy – Tinubu / This Is The Handiwork Of Mischief Makers, I Was Never Suspended - Hilda Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.