Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,324 members, 7,881,207 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria (7024 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2007
sacrifice my heart's desire. oya stop flirting with me, we need to stop disjoining the thread. the focus should be on "Nigerians badmouthing Nigeria"
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2007
Thank you!  Now---back to bad mouthing Nigeria!!!  Why are Nigerians---mostly in Nigeria, generally upset when Nigeria is criticized in good faith?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by denex: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2007
For those of you who do not know much about Martin Luther King, please I suggest you people stop using his name for any comparisons.

Do you think his aim was to die for the freedom of African Americans or to Teach them about where they are meant to be and how they are meant to be living.

And without a pro-violence believers of Malcom X, the government would not have accepted the pro-peace dreamers of Martin Luther King.

What these people did was to educate and teach not to die. They were killed in order that their teachings will be stopped.

You too can start teaching simply by downloading a copy of the Nigerian constitution and sending it to every one in your addressbook and urging them to forward it even farther.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2007
denex:

For those of you who do not know much about Martin Luther King, please I suggest you people stop using his name for any comparisons.

Do you think his aim was to die for the freedom of African Americans or to Teach them about where they are meant to be and how they are meant to be living.

And without a pro-violence believers of Malcom X, the government would not have accepted the pro-peace dreamers of Martin Luther King.

What these people did was to educate and teach not to die. They were killed in order that their teachings will be stopped.

You too can start teaching simply by downloading a copy of the Nigerian constitution and sending it to every one in your addressbook and urging them to forward it even farther.

Denex, please now---let the matter rest!  Malcom X or Martin L. king---civil disobedience or radical disobedience---they both worked hard to make African Americans smile today.  Why praise one and discount the other

Nigeria's problem is not found in some "recipe book" constitution, but in our individual or collective bodily "constitution"!!!  We need a total makeover in the way we think and address issues!!! We need to understand what the word "patroitism" means!!! It is not even in our dictionary yet.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 10:06am On Aug 14, 2007

his aim wasn't to die for the freedom of african americans. his aim was to fight for the freedom of african americans, it just so happened that he died trying.

your misinformation, I don't know where you got that from. I was using that narrative as a material explanation for babee.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2007
This thread is incorrect.

Every Nigerian Bad Mouths Nigeria.

I'd say only 2% of the population love this country. 98% would leave the country if they were handed free visas. And people wonder why Nigeria is where it is today.

Greener Pasture Dickheads.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2007
you're also incorrect. your statistic is based on a whim. who is to be held responsible for nigerians leaving the country? those who leave or those who cause them to leave?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2007
So because of 0.2% of Nigerians, 98% of Nigerians, are sweating blood trying to leave.

What are we pussies.

For crying, out loud our country is our responsibility. No one else's.

That's why it's called Nigeria, not PDP, or ANC

If there are injustices in the system, then we must protest it. A country with a right system, cannot fail.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2007
So because of 0.2% of Nigerians, 98% of Nigerians, are sweating blood trying to leave.

What are we pussies.

For crying, out loud our country is our responsibility. No one else's.

That's why it's called Nigeria, not PDP, or ANC

If there are injustices in the system, then we must protest it. A country with a right system, cannot fail.

We're not 'Pussies', or at least I'll speak for myself, I'm not a pussy. What you fail to consider is the hefty effect of that '0.2'% on the large-but-little 98% over time. Our country is our responsibility, it still is, we're not hiding from our responsibility (okay maybe some of us are). Leaving the country to seek better-lives isn't equitable to punking-out on Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2007
Which clarifies my point.

98% of Nigerians are only out for material things.

If I asked every Nigerian if they would let Nigeria be blown up for a Billion dollars. The majority of people would say yes.

My problem, is not with people leaving Nigeria. I mean I don't live in Nigeria. My problem is that Nigerians in Diaspora, are only interested in Lavish lifestyles.

What will they do, if Britain, America and other Developed countries become Moribund, due to Over Migration. Will they go in search of other Galaxies.

When the going gets tough, the pussies get going.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2007

If I asked every Nigerian if they would let Nigeria be blown up for a Billion dollars. The majority of people would say yes.

My problem, is not with people leaving Nigeria. I mean I don't live in Nigeria. My problem is that Nigerians in Diaspora, are only interested in Lavish lifestyles.

What will they do, if Britain, America and other Developed countries become Moribund, due to Over Migration. Will they go in search of other Galaxies.

Lol, you're a very funny guy.
They're not "only interested in lavish lifestyles," they're simply taking advantage of, and embracing the luxuries provided to them. Would you opt for an ijapa when you know you could very well own a lamborghini? it's that simple. People love material things sure, but a lot of them didn't set out on the trip to another country because they have an undying "want" for material things.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by denex: 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2007
@BABEELOVE

I did not praise one and discount the other other O! I said both were teachers and not life sacrificers.

You too should start by teaching. Martin Luther King did not dive into the path of a randomly ricocheting bullet so that African Americans may be liberated, and neither did Malcom X. It was their teachings, their seminars, their lectures.

Today thank God for technology, you have email, you have the internet, you have blogs and different forums. Why don't you teach people how to help themselves rather than condemn them.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2007
k0be:

Lol, you're a very funny guy.
They're not "only interested in lavish lifestyles," they're simply taking advantage of, and embracing the luxuries provided to them. Would you opt for an ijapa when you know you could very well own a lamborghini? it's that simple. People love material things sure, but a lot of them didn't set out on the trip to another country because they have an undying "want" for material things.

Yeah it's so easy to go to America, and enjoy the achievement s of other people.

Yeah it's so easy to sabotage hundreds of years, of hard fought battles simply because some people are unwillingly to fight for what they should believe in. America isn't packed full of jobs, waiting for Migrants to exploit. 12.5% of Americans live below the Poverty line, and that figure is only going to increase, due to an overwhelming influx of people into the country.

America's standard of living is decreasing not increasing. And Over Migration doesn't help.

Yeah sure they need Migrants for Menial jobs, but I don't think America has 1n Billion Toilets. grin

Nigeria isn't half as old as America or Britain, and those countries aren't where they are today because of people migrating with Green Cards, when things aren't convenient.

I wonder where Britain would be today if Churchill had taken a Green Card to America, when the Germans invaded Britain. Yah know Britain needed his Leadership, but he was on vacation in New Jersey, Singing about how much he loved Greener Pastures.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2007
Why Won't Nigerians Badmouth Nigeria, when the vast majority of the population are only interested in their personal well being.

If every man did something for personal gain, every time they could, knowing that it would bring hurt upon someone else. Then the world would be full of corrupt people.

A people willing to destabilize societies, simply for their gain, is a corrupt people and a corrupt society. And a corrupt society is why we have goddam corrupt leaders.

The problem with Nigeria isn't the Government, it's common Nigerians. So to insult Nigeria, would be hypocritical
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
denex:

@BABEELOVE

I did not praise one and discount the other other O! I said both were teachers and not life sacrificers.

You too should start by teaching. Martin Luther King did not dive into the path of a randomly ricocheting bullet so that African Americans may be liberated, and neither did Malcom X. It was their teachings, their seminars, their lectures.

Today thank God for technology, you have email, you have the internet, you have blogs and different forums. Why don't you teach people how to help themselves rather than condemn them.

denex? Kai!!! Who should teach what

For you to teach anyone, anything---you must have a receptive audience. Not only did Martin and Malcom teach, they led by example. What literature are you reading In nigeria, we are physiologically and spititually poor that any room for accquiring knowledge has gone to the dogs!!! How can you teach a hungry student All you will hear in the classroom is a "rumbling" stomach. You know from our personal experience this "unecessary" sound effects can be distracting to all. No goals achieved there oh!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2007
dblock:

This thread is incorrect.

Every Nigerian Bad Mouths Nigeria.

I'd say only 2% of the population love this country. 98% would leave the country if they were handed free visas. And people wonder why Nigeria is where it is today.

Greener Pasture Dickheads.

dblock:

Why do I get this eerie feeling that I am still in "Romance and Sexuality" sections--

Come oh! dblock are we discussing "oboatioko" topics here shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
Sorry for my poor selection of Vocabulary. undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2007
BTW
dblock,

For someone with almost 5,000 post under your belt, don't you think you should act more like a Nairaland "elder".  You should be a voice of reason here not a divisive one.  Are you not tired of fighting.  Even me, I am tired.  Please let us just manage sha--to see reason with one another!!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2007
Yeah it's so easy to go to America, and enjoy the achievement s of other people.

Yeah it's so easy to sabotage hundreds of years, of hard fought battles simply because some people are unwillingly to fight for what they should believe in. America isn't packed full of jobs, waiting for Migrants to exploit. 12.5% of Americans live below the Poverty line, and that figure is only going to increase, due to an overwhelming influx of people into the country.

America's standard of living is decreasing not increasing. And Over Migration doesn't help.

Yeah sure they need Migrants for Menial jobs, but I don't think America has 1n Billion Toilets.

Nigeria isn't half as old as America or Britain, and those countries aren't where they are today because of people migrating with Green Cards, when things aren't convenient.

I wonder where Britain would be today if Churchill had taken a Green Card to America, when the Germans invaded Britain.  Yah know Britain needed his Leadership, but he was on vacation in New Jersey, Singing about how much he loved Greener Pastures.
It is also easy to go to america because the leaders don't go out of their way to put people at a societal-disadvantage.  It is easy to go to America because it is a progressive society. Every country has its own share of corruption, but the level of corruption in Nigeria is provocative.  Tell me how many of our top officials have been arrested for money they kept in their refridgerators, international bank accounts, etc.  I'm not saying American politicians don't launder money, at the same time they don't do it in a way that infringes heavily on the people's abilities to make a living. The money laundered by our leaders are advances needed for the development of Nigeria, so tell me how will Nigeria develop (regardless of what the people do) if the government isn't there to help us through the process?  you brought up poverty line, compare the 12.5% to the 60-70% who probably live below poverty line in Nigeria.  Migrants do more than menial jobs in America mind you, but those migrants who do menial jobs are in many ways helping the American economy.  America enjoyed an influx of people because of the opportunities provided to these people, there's always a wave of migration because jobs are open for people, and they're given the opportunity to come in and make money.  Gold rush, rail road constructions, factory working, etc that those migrants countries aren't able to make available for them.  I didn't realize concern about betrayal is more important than survival.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2007
Why Won't Nigerians Badmouth Nigeria, when the vast majority of the population are only interested in their personal well being.

If every man did something for personal gain, every time they could, knowing that it would bring hurt upon someone else. Then the world would be full of corrupt people.

A people willing to destabilize societies, simply for their gain, is a corrupt people and a corrupt society. And a corrupt society is why we have goddam corrupt leaders.

The problem with Nigeria isn't the Government, it's common Nigerians. So to insult Nigeria, would be hypocritical
you expected 100% of the population to care about a country that doesn't care about their well-being? People will always work for their gain, but it doesn't help when the people we chose as leaders don't do the jobs expected of them.
The problem with Nigeria rests largely with the government, to deny it would also be hypocritical.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
white house > aso rock
bush > yar'adua
hollywood > nollywood
yankee education > usually unrecognized naija education
american public schools >>>>>nigerian public schools
american health care > nigerian health care (even our leaders go abroad to seek treatments)
american economy > nigerian economy

but hey, let's blame the people, right?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by ell77(f): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
Well I couldn't read every post here, but i feel I read enough to add my two cents.

1. I am a British born Nigerian and I understand that means I am a British Citizen but a Nigerian national - so whilst I live in Britain my heart aches for Nigeria and all the pain it endures and all the criticism it receives.
2. I don't think it is right to criticise the whole of Nigeria for problems that eminate from the government.
3. My relatives in Nigera criticise Naija more than I do, I am the one who even defneds Nigeria -
Imagine this:

Me: 'hi cousin how r u?'
cousin: 'things are not good here, like they are in london'

me: 'why now?'
cousin: 'no light and its so hot, you people dey enjoy for there oh'

me:'light is not free here, we pay for it and we are making people millionaires, to pay for this light we work on average 40 hours per week, go and buy fuel now'
cousin:'the price is too high'

me:'don't u change your hairstyle every saturday'
cousin:'so upon all the sufferhead i don' suffer, you wan' mek i look like housegirl on top of am, i don't blame u because your catered for in your country, free education, free hospital' etc

me: 'it is not free oh, everything i get i have paid for or my parents through tax or bills, it is only asylum seekers and those who claim benefit that enjoy'
cousin:'still, u can't compare Naija with UK, nothing works, and nobody cares, how i wish i was as lucky as u'

me:'oh to work all your life so that u can be comfortable aat best? listen all i wan't is to earn enough to come back to my home - Naija'
cousin:'ok lets swap, because its like u've gone mad! come here? why? i mean u can visit but come here to stay? i wouldn't advise it oh! Naija is very hard'

i won't go on in to where she really starts complaining, but this is just an example. I complain about UK to Nigerians in nigeria, they complain about Naija back to me. Atleast I am not complaining about the land of my fathers.

I suppose some criticism is needed to combat things, but empty criticism with no evidence of solutions to combat the problems we as Nigerians (internationally) face, are not going to help anyone, so who are we kidding. why do people who are Nigerian criticise Naija? Is it to validate there decision not to return? Is it to gain sympathy from diasporans (and perhaps money), is it to warn diasporans, is it out of frustration?

All i know is that I love Nigeria, warts and all, I know Nigeria has so much potential and perhaps that is why it is so painful when we see things aren't go as they should. I mean even the child kidnapping we observed, atleast she was returned after 4 days - alive and well! Kids go missing here every day and are never found, or worse they are found, bodies mutilated!

I have said this many times but if we leave the government out of the equation, we must think of what we can do ourselves for Nigeria. We say we want foreign investors but i say its better for Nigerians that nigerians in diaspora invest in the country. Afterall, UK was not built up by Japan, China was not built up by USA - though they do business with each over and invest in eachother, it is only by the work of their own people that progress could be actioned. I think this post should not continue, people should think of ways to attract there own back to Nigeria 'because so many times u hear of returnees being treated worse than tourists. Why? Then u expect these people to think well of Nigeria. For instance my father was abducted, robbed, beaten up and left to die in the bush when he went to visit his fathers grave on a journey to bury his mother!

If not for the fact i am so patriotic i would have used that as my excuse to reject nigeria. but i know the sins of a few cannot be used to label the rest who i find are the most amazing people in the world! Nigeria will be better and but before it is better i will be one of the people who decided to come and help make it better. Will you?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by BABEELOVE(f): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
Thank you elle77.

Thank you for your illustration. We will all be there to build Nigeria when the opportunity arises! Count me present. cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by dblock(m): 3:52am On Aug 15, 2007
k0be:

you expected 100% of the population to care about a country that doesn't care about their well-being? People will always work for their gain, but it doesn't help when the people we chose as leaders don't do the jobs expected of them.

Last time I checked, a country comprises of Citizens. A country is not an entity and never will be. What do Nigerians just expect to lounge in Surulere and expect the Government to be honest, regarding funds etc.

Yah know, lets just lounge and expect things to be alright, and if things aren't will just migrate to a place where things are.

The problem with Nigeria rests largely with the government, to deny it would also be hypocritical.

And the limitations of a Government, is determined by the citizens of the country. I.e The Philippines, France.

Who knows where Nigeria would be today, if it weren't for Indian Prostitutes..

Nothing will change in Nigeria, until Nigerians change it. Nobody else will.

Last I checked, the ideologies of Governments, are influenced by the societies that they emerge from.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 4:42am On Aug 15, 2007
dblock:

Last time I checked, a country comprises of Citizens. A country is not an entity and never will be. What do Nigerians just expect to lounge in Surulere and expect the Government to be honest, regarding funds etc.
what do you suggest they do? police the government to do their jobs?

Yah know, lets just lounge and expect things to be alright, and if things aren't will just migrate to a place where things are.

And the limitations of a Government, is determined by the citizens of the country. I.e The Philippines, France.

Who knows where Nigeria would be today, if it weren't for Indian Prostitutes..

Nothing will change in Nigeria, until Nigerians change it. Nobody else will.

Last I checked, the ideologies of Governments, are influenced by the societies that they emerge from.

Aww, you mean to tell me those 'criticisms' aren't getting the job done?
It's not that the people don't care about what's going on, it's evident they do, but don't forget that there's very little they can do if 98% of the power rests with the government. see iraq till the demise of saddam. wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by denex: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2007
@kObe

what is wrong with you? How can you say Nigerian leaders are more corrupt than American leaders? The USA is the only country in the world that leaders have stolen $12 billion RAW CASH.
Did you not read the thread:

"MISSING IN ACTION PART 4" (The Iraqi Story)

Quite similar to the Chuck Norris action flick about US soldiers lost after the Vietnam War in the late 1960s. And efforts by US soldiers and Government to find a solution.

However this is sort of different in that the location is Iraq, the time is right now, the perpetuators are the US Soldiers and the US Government, and the missing object is ultimately MONEY.

300,000 barrels of oil per day missing from iraq. That's enough crude to fuel Nigeria daily or in terms of cash, $30 billion since the US colonized Iraq. ie about the whole of Nigeria's foreign reserve STOLEN!

380 tonnes of explosives missing in Iraq from US Army secured bunkers. At this rate, you'd wonder if there's any need for IED raw materials to be coming in from Iran. Depending on the exact type and use of these explosives, their worth could be up to $4 billion.

$12 billion of money approved for the Iraqi war missing. That is approximately the budget of Nigeria for an entire year. One must wonder if truly this war is about mistaken Weapons of Mass Destruction, what are people doing stealing billions of dollars, siphoning hundreds of thousands of Crude Oil daily and distributing and reselling 380,000 kilograms of bombs to insurgents?

Approximately 200,000 firearms allocated to the US Army in Iraq missing. About 110,000 AK-47s and 80,000 pistols. Basically redistributed and resold to "insurgents" in Iraq. That's enough guns to adequately arm every Nigerian Soldier with non AK-47 and a sidearm pistol each, leaving an excess of 30,000 AK-47s for future use. So far this gun trade seems fairly new. It puts about $200 million in the hands of corrupt US Soldiers and Government Officials while putting in the hands of the Iraqis, the means to slaughter themselves and inadvertently, US Soldiers.

MISSING GUNS:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6932710.stm

MISSING OIL:

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/15/1514256

MISSING CASH:

www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

general summary of the missing:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Daily_Show_explores_mysteries_of_missing_0809.html

Abi na Nigerian leaders dey chop all that money too? Please if you still do not know the most corrupt country in the world, then just say you don't know.

@kObe

again, you should read the bill of rights and find out why it is said that "ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY".

Do you even know why Americans keep fighting for their rights to own firearms? It's not for personal security and safety. It is to remind the government that if they do anyhow, they will meet a well armed highly populated citizenry.

It is the citizens that own and run the government. We can't sit down in a beer parlour and say the Government is bad, our leaders are bad. Left to me, Nigerians should even stop using those words "OUR LEADERS". Did they tell you that they are your leaders? Has Obasanjo ever said it that he was Nigerians' leader?

We take our servant and proclaim him our leader and make it obvious that we can do nothing against him then we want respect and demand fair treatment. Fair treatment on account of what.

140 million people surrender their rights to a couple of thousand people and yet we say they didn't provide this and that.

Nigerians are bad. Nigerians are very bad and those abroad are even far worse because they are not enlightened and cannot enlighten yet they insult massively. Abeg leave matter for mathias.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 6:39am On Aug 15, 2007
I'm not in the mood to read through your lengthy post as of right now, but I probably will later.
denex:

@kObe

what is wrong with you? How can you say Nigerian leaders are more corrupt than American leaders? The USA is the only country in the world that leaders have stolen $12 billion RAW CASH.
Did you not read the thread:

I dare you find me the post where I said that, and I'll kiss a live-cockroach and post the picture here for all to see. wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by denex: 7:50am On Aug 15, 2007
@kObe

I bet you did say

Quote:

"It is also easy to go to America because the leaders don't go out of their way to put people at a societal disadvantage. It is easy to go to America because it is a progressive society. Every country has its own share of corruption but the level of corruption in Nigeria is provocative. Tell me how many of our top officials have been arrested for money they kept in their refridgerators, international bank accounts, etc. I'm not saying American politicians don't launder money, at the same time, they don't do it to a level that infringes heavily on the people's abilities to make a living."

I bet you said that. I can't be absolutely certain the way, you ou but I'm sure you did. If you didn't, then let the cockroach go. Yet if you bring up an argument to prove that statement was not saying Nigerian "leaders" are more corrupt than their American counterparts, I'll not argue.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by k0be: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2007
Yes Denex, I'm letting the cock roach go, *sighs with relief*!
this is what I said, "I'm not saying American politicians don't launder money, at the same time, they don't do it to a level that infringes heavily on the people's abilities to make a living."
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by omogenaija(f): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2007
wat up with all these yeye haters badmouthing nigerians in the diaspora , and from wat i hear and see nigerians in nigeria badmouth nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by TCUBE(m): 7:46am On Oct 19, 2007
BADMOUTHING reality and facts? duh! naija bad and needs help, be real!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
IMHO, the real traitors are those that don't open their mouths when they see something go wrong.
In every western country, the media, the people are vocal about what they want and what they want their government to do for them. That's why the average congressman in the US has staffers that monitor the phones 24/7 to listen to his constituency's complaints.

I dare you to write a letter to Etteh lamenting about the state of the roads in your area, and see if you get a reply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Biafran Burden - Okey Ndibe / Graphic pic! Black Man Crucified On The Cross[ Photo] / Oshiomhole’s Corruption File Found In Magu’s House, EFCC Prepares To Arrest Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.