Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,894 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

Want To Learn Data Analysis - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Want To Learn Data Analysis (1096 Views)

What Programming Language Is Best To Learn Data Structures And Algorithms? / How To Learn Data Science As A Complete Beginner To PRO Status / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Good afternoon all. Please i need someone to guide me in steps in learning data analysis. I know Microsoft excel to some extent and I believe learning more about excel won't be that difficult for me. All I need is someone to put me through. I know python is also a great tool and I have it installed on my system already. All I need now is too organize my learning process. I'm not the disturbing type. Just some little toys is all I need. Someone should please come to my aid. I thought about my life and I discovered that if care is not taken I might not be able to meet up with my needs again with the way things are going on this country without digital skills. I really need someone to mentor me.

1 Like

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
What can you do with Excel? When people say "I'm good with Excel", the first question I ask is "Can you do a 2-dimensional look up?" (without googling)

And why do you want to pick up sucj a niche field as Data Analytics? Do you have a passion for it or is it the reported salary people get paid that attracts you?

If I asked you whether I there is a correlation between price of garri and calendar months would this kind of investigation be something you could excitedly jump on, on your own without the motivation of being paid?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by airsaylongcome: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
What can you do with Excel? When people say "I'm good with Excel", the first question I ask is "Can you do a 2-dimensional look up?" (without googling)

And why do you want to pick up such a niche field as Data Analytics? Do you have a passion for it or is it the reported salary people get paid that attracts you?

If I asked you whether I there is a correlation between price of garri and calendar months would this kind of investigation be something you could excitedly jump on, on your own without the motivation of being paid?
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by LikeAking: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Harkyn92:
Good afternoon all. Please i need someone to guide me in steps in learning data analysis. I know Microsoft excel to some extent and I believe learning more about excel won't be that difficult for me. All I need is someone to put me through. I know python is also a great tool and I have it installed on my system already. All I need now is too organize my learning process. I'm not the disturbing type. Just some little toys is all I need. Someone should please come to my aid. I thought about my life and I discovered that if care is not taken I might not be able to meet up with my needs again with the way things are going on this country without digital skills. I really need someone to mentor me.

Good luck.

Still learn how to code small.

1 Like

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Raalsalghul: 2:22am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

And why do you want to pick up such a niche field as Data Analytics? Do you have a passion for it or is it the reported salary people get paid that attracts you?

Thanks for bringing this up: you meant using index and match.

I'm yet to come across this terminology though.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Raalsalghul: 2:28am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Depends on how the data is presented: I'm thinking line/scatter charts, summarize using count/sum in pivot tables, correl function, maybe a little DAX here and there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

My own opinion about choosing a career by reported salary is that as long as you can try your hands on it, In one year you should be able to discover if you can cope or not. Deciding a career because of money isn't a bad thing if you can push yourself beyond the limit. Sometimes all you need is motivation.

Passion can grow over time, fear of poverty can also motivate you.

You are as good as the opportunities your economy presents to you, there was a time between 2010 and 2015 where everyone in Nigeria was learning PHP and MySQL because most of the job ads were on PHP. Now no one really cares about PHP again.

4 Likes

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Raalsalghul: 2:58am On Dec 25, 2021
truthsayer009:

My own opinion about choosing a career by reported salary is that as long as you can try your hands on it, In one year you should be able to discover if you can cope or not. Deciding a career because of money isn't a bad thing if you can push yourself beyond the limit. Sometimes all you need is motivation.

Passion can grow over time, fear of poverty can also motivate you.

You are as good as the opportunities your economy presents to you, there was a time between 2010 and 2015 where everyone in Nigeria was learning PHP and MySQL because most of the job ads were on PHP. Now no one really cares about PHP again.

This is true: environment too.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

And why do you want to pick up sucj a niche field as Data Analytics? Do you have a passion for it or is it the reported salary people get paid that attracts you?

To start with, I know the fundamentals of excel and presently That's what I work with. I'm doing fine with the little I know but I can't be so sure if the little I know is the requirement for data science.
And to your second question I think it's going to be a little bit easy for me to learn and it's definitely a lucrative profession as of today so I think learning it is not going to be a waste.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2021
LikeAking:

Good luck.

Still learn how to code small.
Life us step by step
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I can easily work without being paid if I know what I stand to gain.
To say the fact That's what I actually do lately. Long work with little pay and That's how I'm able to learn the little I know about excel.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by airsaylongcome: 9:02am On Dec 25, 2021
Never ever say "I am good at Excel". I learned the hard way when I thought the small I knew was good until I saw people that were gooder. Now I say I'm beginner to intermediate at excel. I wish you all best of luck as you go into Data Analytics
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by stanliwise(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Harkyn92:
Data analysis fall under many discipline, and that means you must have some form of data analysis theoretical knowledge while you plan to work with the tools you mentioned above. So what is your background concerning data analysis both in theoretical aspect and practical aspect.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by stanliwise(m): 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Stop using google as a down vote on people dexterity. cramming irrelevant stuff which has been well documented and can be searched through at any time into ones memory is not a prove of good ability because when times comes it does not necessarily become the important ingredient for productivity or excellence.
instead focus on what the person understands.
Ability to google the right thing is a skill on it own and only possessed by someone who knows what he is looking for.

That being said, Data Analytics is a discipline way bigger than just learning excel, it has its theoretical angle and I agree with you on that ground.

4 Likes

Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Never ever say "I am good at Excel". I learned the hard way when I thought the small I knew was good until I saw people that were gooder. Now I say I'm beginner to intermediate at excel. I wish you all best of luck as you go into Data Analytics
I never said I'm good at excel. All I said is that I know excel to some extent which is actually the truth but we all know excel is broad and I don't know the required aspect yet so I cant be so sure that what I know is necessary for data analysis. But let's assume that I don't know excel at all people doing it were not born with it and I believe if anyone can do it I can do it better. All I need is just someone to out me through. I forgot to add that I'm a graduate of physics and well rooted in calculation. I believe I can do it. Infact all I wanted to do is to buy the course online but I just want to be sure I'll get everything necessary to know it.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Raalsalghul: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2021
airsaylongcome:

That's the tricky thing with tech: there is always something/somewhere (an updated feature maybe) you don't know or heard of so I hate answering any question as regards expertise level.

If they insist, I'll tell them " intermediate": that way they know I'm no learner neither am I hyping myself.

Preferably, I just tell them to give me something to do.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Raalsalghul: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Harkyn92:

I never said I'm good at excel. All I said is that I know excel to some extent which is actually the truth but we all know excel is broad and I don't know the required aspect yet so I cant be so sure that what I know is necessary for data analysis. But let's assume that I don't know excel at all people doing it were not born with it and I believe if anyone can do it I can do it better. All I need is just someone to out me through. I forgot to add that I'm a graduate of physics and well rooted in calculation. I believe I can do it. Infact all I wanted to do is to buy the course online but I just want to be sure I'll get everything necessary to know it.

As regards what you need to know in excel regarding data analytics:

Pivot Tables (Very important)
Charts/Pivot Charts
Power Query
Data Validation
Power Pivot
Excel Data Analysis Toolpak for summarization.
How to use filters.
Formulas
Conditional Formatting

You can start with the above.
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by Harkyn92(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2021
Raalsalghul:

As regards what you need to know in excel regarding data analytics:

Pivot Tables (Very important)
Charts/Pivot Charts
Power Query
Data Validation
Power Pivot
Excel Data Analysis Toolpak for summarization.
How to use filters.
Formulas
Conditional Formatting

You can start with the above.

Now you understand me. This'll go a long way.
I'll try and work on these listed areas ASAP. Thank you for this
Re: Want To Learn Data Analysis by dauddy97(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Harkyn92:
For mentorship on data science/Analysis on all what is required to learn, message me via WhatsApp 08149429490 with #Tag mentorship

(1) (Reply)

Can't Connect To D Net On Linux / Am I Right Or Wrong / Learning Software Design From Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.