Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation (17674 Views)

Didunoluwa Johnson Apologizes To Justin Ugonna After False Rape Allegations / Rape: Izu Madubueze Reads Suicide Note Before Killing Self Over False Accusation / #JusticeForIzu: Izu Madubueze Commits Suicide After False Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Why did they release the 2 ladies that were in the same car. undecided
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Irupetepete: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Hmmm?

[img]https://c./gnbcyZsc5BUAAAAd/columbo-cookie-eat.gif[/img]

the story sounds fishy?
sometimes, be sensible
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by lagonovo: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
Childofaking:
The biggest security threat to the populace in this country is the Nigerian police.
it is more evil than armed robbers and kidnappers combined.
There are backed by the authorities to commit crime.
I travelled from Lagos to Benin in a Hiace bus and i felt pity for the driver, he was carrying goods.
The extortion was just too much and you will meet over 25 checkpoints between Sagamu and Benin.
Thank you!
This is not just a security threat, it is a huge economic sabotage. The actions of these individuals, supported by their hierarchy, is one of the factors responsible for high cost of goods and services in Nigeria. Businessmen will naturally transfer the cost of their checkpoint extortion to the consumers. Buhari is not our problem in Nigeria, however we need visionaries and action-oriented leadership that strictly enforces accountability at the center, and across each states of the federation. This is something we have lacked for ages.

We have someone sleeping and waking up every blessed day with the title of Inspector General of Police, and supported by several assistants and deputies from various corners of Nigeria. They should hide their faces in shame if they have any, but they obviously don't!

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Newboss(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
You see why people are fighting to leave the country for good? It's not because of our politicians.

The average Nigerian is a criminal.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Newboss(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
LibertyRep:
Will these bad eggs in the police ever learn?

Will they?

Bad eggs?

Nigerian police is a criminal organisation, according to a reputable Canadian source
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Testimony1988(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
Some of the officers are not willing to learn from history, it seems they don't like their unform again.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Bigfish121(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
I just hope this rubbish police extortion is not in abuja.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by J3susFr3ak: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
iwaeda:

Nothing can change Nigeria police grin grin

Unless it is made into a firm law that every Police interaction with civilians is recorded and monitored by Body Cams. (Solar rechargeable to avoid the no power excuses). It helped the Americans deal with their accountability issues especially as it concerns rogue cops...

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by seankafor(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
I experienced this shiit, I'd rather I met an armed robbers than a Police
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by idu1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
alexiseagle:
This how they extort 200k from me for Enugu state and. A dose policemen wet dey for Enugu&abakiliki boundary embarassed embarassed

Did you report them?
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Nkitara: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Hmmm?

[img]https://c./gnbcyZsc5BUAAAAd/columbo-cookie-eat.gif[/img]

the story sounds fishy?
Because you no get money grin
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by egoldman(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
All hope is not is not lost, they should trace their way back to that same station,with lawyers, journalists and human right activists. Those officers will be fished out.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by ivandragon: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
This impunity happens because the head is corrupt so the officers know they will get away with it.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by iwaeda: 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

Unless it is made into a firm law that every Police interaction with civilians is recorded and monitored by Body Cams. (Solar rechargeable to avoid the no power excuses). It helped the Americans deal with their accountability issues especially as it concerns rogue cops...

75% of police force are rogues.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Dshocker(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you presented yourself just as a student,how come you have up to that amount with you, because from the narrative you never made mention of any side hustle you do to make the money
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by kovic7(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
That's why the death of these types of policemen gives me orgasm......
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by lilachiever(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2021
God knows I am never going to pay any police, either they kill me or charge me to court on their stupid allegations.

But my money no go touch their hand as easily as that.
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by einsteine(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dshocker:
If you presented yourself just as a student,how come you have up to that amount with you, because from the narrative you never made mention of any side hustle you do to make the money

Are you not an idiot like this with this kind of reasoning?

3 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by alexiseagle: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
idu1:

Did you report them?
For where ? they no put their name for their clothes na embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by alexiseagle: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
CaptainAyub:

What did they catch you with?
Cos those ones,their wahala no pass 2k if your papers no complete
They saw one picture like that for my phone oooo and dose men na mopols
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by CaptainAyub: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
alexiseagle:

Bro na mopols ooo
So?
Na my area be there,I pass them often.
Whatever made you give more than 5k must've been grevious.
Even Indian hemp case no pass 20k
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by JBoss25(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
alexiseagle:
This how they extort 200k from me for Enugu state and. A dose policemen wet dey for Enugu&abakiliki boundary embarassed embarassed
200k chai sad
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by techWriter5: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
God do merciful on that lose region Evil dictatorship When an evil man code the folks lament
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by foreshore(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
lalasticlala:
How Police Officers Extorted N405,000 From Us After Falsely Accusing Us Of Being Cult Members — University Student

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/24/how-police-officers-extorted-n405000-us-after-falsely-accusing-us-being-cult-members%E2%80%94

So sad
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by lordmans(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Something is definitely wrong with these guys. Couple of days back some were nabbed for extorting crypto from some guys.

With the way things are going it seems a policeman or woman can't survive without extorting or inflicting hardship on the people they were meant to protect.

Since the IGP and his team can't handle his corrupt rank and file, an agency from the Internal Affairs should be allowed to oversee and monitor their activities with good access by civil authorities. And not only should any erring police officer be dismissed but also jailed for offences like this
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by karnap(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
cry
I no dey wish police well for my life
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by CaptainAyub: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
lordmans:
Something is definitely wrong with these guys. Couple of days back some were nabbed for extorting crypto from some guys.

With the way things are going it seems a policeman or woman can't survive without extorting or inflicting hardship on the people they were meant to protect.

Since the IGP and his team can't handle his corrupt rank and file, an agency from the Internal Affairs should be allowed to oversee and monitor their activities with good access by civil authorities. And not only should any erring police officer be dismissed but also jailed for offences like this
They're not relenting cos the crooks it's all about the 11th commandments: "Do not be caught"

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by calcal: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bubu again
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by Dshocker(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
einsteine:

Are you not an idiot like this with this kind of reasoning?

Maybe you can ask your father that
Re: Police Extort ₦405,000 From UNILAG & YABATECH Students After False Accusation by karlnomarx: 1:13am On Dec 25, 2021
I say a Merry Christmas and Complement of the season to all forumites.

I am alive, hopeful courageous and resilient and also looking forward to a blissful and more fulfilling 2022.

I celebrate you and celebrate myself despite too many challenges I am facing, chief of which us hunger and lack which I am enduring with my 3 children and their mom a petty trader. Times are indeed hard for my family and I will urge you to come through for my family, so we can celebrate Christmas and prosperous New Year and so that we can offset the thrift collected by my wife to cater for the school needs of the kids here in Ogbomosho, Oyo State.

I really hope you will give me a benefit of doubt and help me on this beautiful, colorful day. God bless you.

Any token will go a long way brethren...080.8251.2974

Union Bank....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 8 For Internet Fraud In Makurdi / Man Beats Wife To Death Over N500 In Lagos / EndSARS: Youths Protest In Front Of Kwara Government House, Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.