Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,103 members, 7,899,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt (46872 Views)

Black Soot: They Have Returned With A New Strategy And In Full Force! / Black Soot: Checkout Elelenwo, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos) / Black Soot: What My Ceiling Fan In Port Harcourt Looks Like (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by baby124: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Instead of you people to go and find who is producing all this pollution and burn the place down. You are busy posting pictures online. Keep speaking English. Plenty respiratory illnesses and death from lung cancer is looming.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Lastmankc(m): 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Our oyel money
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

What is the source of the water in the picture?

Is that how u fetched it?
water that I got from my kitchen, it was clean when I fetched it
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Idrismusty97(m): 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
This would be Lekki once Dagote finished his refinery. The residents should better have sense.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
mfm04622:

That is NOT the reason! The soot in Port Harcourt is due to illegal refining of crude oil! No legal refinery will polute the environment like that. Okay, do we even have a legal refinery that is functioning in Port Harcourt at the moment?

How does illegal refineries cause the soot?

Is it the illegal refinery that cause the soot or the destruction of illegal refineries that cause the soot?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
water that I got from my kitchen, it was clean when I fetched it

Kitchen tap?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by contigiency(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
And Wike said he is developing Rivers state.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
Idrismusty97:
This would be Lekki once Dagote finished his refinery. The residents should better have sense.
its illegal refinery that caused this
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Ever8090: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
TrackerXL:
Why not show were you got this from.
I won't be quick to judge anything with the mischief you people post on SM this days.
he is � correct sir, I base in port Harcourt and I can assure you that the situation is terrible.
I have been away for a month now,I am looking forward to what I will be faced with when I got home..
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Igbokid: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Frigga13:
So you mob your floor finish come dey show us.. even the call mod

You wan make they carry a.m. go front page say you mob your floor.. so the everyday soot we Dey hear for this forum no do .. Na say you mob your floor go make difference

Na Nairaland I blame .. when you push irrelevant things to front page ..

Oga mob your floor and fine work.. even Buhari no say soot Dey worry people for there

Beside your foor is dirty for being out for some time
Illiterate icobic dunce ..
What is 'mob'
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

Kitchen tap?
yes
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Selfmotivated: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
I returned to portharcourt last night to celebrate Xmas, but due to how tired I was, I couldn't clean the house so I had to do it this morning

I had to do some mopping today.

the blacksooth no be joke
In contrary, Mr Peter Idabor, Director General of the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA), told journalists in Port Harcourt that the soot is as a result of abattoirs burning tyres, heating of asphalt and also the burning of stolen petroleum products by security agencies.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
yes

Wow...I guess it's borehole water. How do u guys then get clean water for domestic use?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by chrisxxx(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmptyGarden:

You need to be here to believe. My floor is mopped daily and the water isn't different from what you see in that picture.
You don't need to prove anything to this guy as he may be one of them. They have people shouting down those complaining everywhere.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by richmond500: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

Wow...I guess it's borehole water. How do u guys then get clean water for domestic use?
I got the water which I used from kitchen tap, it was clean when I fetched the water.

This is after mopping the floor, that's the kind of dirty that came from mopping
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
baby124:
Instead of you people to go and find who is producing all this pollution and burn the place down. You are busy posting pictures online. Keep speaking English. Plenty respiratory illnesses and death from lung cancer is looming.

U want them to find the people causing the pollution and burn the place down. Will that not add to the pollution?
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by AbBlackLaw: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
We are not begging you to believe. Just come and stay in Port Harcourt for only 1week
TrackerXL:
I won't be quick to judge anything with the mischief you people post on SM this days.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by lexy2014: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
I got the water which I used from kitchen tap, it was clean when I fetched the water.

This is after mopping the floor, that's the kind of dirty that came from mopping

Hmmm...so instead of cleaning dust from the floor and furniture, it's now soot u guys are cleaning
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by cletz991(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
Run for yourlife shocked
richmond500:
I returned to portharcourt last night to celebrate Xmas, but due to how tired I was, I couldn't clean the house so I had to do it this morning

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by SeriouslySense(m): 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
wink wink cheesy cheesy grin grin
richmond500:
it mop and not mob.

We are creating awareness on how bad things are because we want things to get better.

People need to understand the health and environmental hazards this illegal refinery can cause.

Carry ur nonsense getat
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by realsemaj: 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Any criminal activity that goes on unresolved within three months, government have hand in it. The Rivers State Government, Federal Government, Nigeria Police Force, Nigeria Navy, Nigeria Army, the Civil Defense Corps e.tc. all have hand in this crime against humanity.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Googledotcom: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
[s]
Frigga13:

Yoruba man will always resort to insults as alternative

Olboy that place Na room.. which dirty apartment

You Dey call person ode .. see how dirty your toes are.. even the nails is purging.. and you dey come online brag apartment

You know wetin apartment be .. or you believe say nairalders never see your dirty kitchen over times .. even before the soot..

Na your papa be the “ode” .. Na only insults una sabi ..
[/s] please shut up ! This is not the thread to type rubbish. Allow reasonable fellows to comment if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute on the black soot mater.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by baby124: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

U want them to find the people causing the pollution and burn the place down. Will that not add to the pollution?
Yes. But will end it for good.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by HRprof: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

Is it the illegal refinery that cause the soot or the destruction of illegal refineries that cause the soot?

Illegal refinery cause the soot not vandalised pipeline . The major cause is when they vandalized this pipeline they scooped oil from it and then illegally refined the oil by COOKING it in the Bush that's, is called ( Kpon fire) here , the soot came our frome the cooking and pollute the air. After cooking it they distribute it to the dealer and police also use them to make money in PH by collecting bribe to allow then run their things.
Why this will not stop is that people in military and some politicians are involve in the business even the Governor have said it , and all he could say is to give people in PH prayer point for God to touch the mind of these people to stop killing our environmental and our health.
Meanwhile , this illigal refinery aka KPON FIRE become worse since he became the governor of the state. I'm suspecting he is involve in the business.
I come in peace
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Idrismusty97(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:
its illegal refinery that caused this
They are Legal refineries doing gas flaring too. When you veiw the and arial view of Portharcourt at night it's lit by gas flaring from top companies like Shell also.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by uniqueboi1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:

You mop finish and you want the water to be crystal clear.
You are nothing but an attention seeker.
Get lost.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Originalsly: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lavisha:

You see, there are millions of people living in PHC and %1 cannot tell the true story about Portable waters in the Metropolis.
For instance, I reside in Obajana, Kogi State@ Dangote Cement Factory (Largest Cement plant in Africa) and the harmattan did a great job by drying up some portable water sources coupled with Cement dusts everywhere.
That means I can easily fetch a muddy water and show the World but the true tale is; Clean Waters Abounds in Kogi.

So, I want to believe Clean Waters still plenty for PHC and there's no cause for alarm but the way you peeps are portraying it seems All waters in PHC are contaminated with soot which is very wrong.

I'ma Microbiologist tho.

As a microbiologist ... you should know better ... that in your State and PH ... there is a serious environmental hazard that will cause poor health and death in the long term. You are breathing in cement dust ... and they in PH oil soot .... both most likely carcinogens.... which will cause people to develop some type of cancer. He is not saying no clean water is available ... but after mopping ... that's the colour of the water. If the Governor was half as aggressive on cutting off the source as he was on enforcing COVID-19 protocols..... this hazard would've been taken care of. As is now .... people should be doing exactly what OP is doing ... put it on SM ... let it go worldwide and embarrass the Governor and the President and hopefully ... some international environmental agency will put pressure on the authorities to act.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by mauchiz: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
I mob my house everyday,the water is black after mobbing. Black soot is becoming terrible in port harcourt.
Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by Mariangeles(f): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
richmond500:

Na wah o!

Portharcourt don turn Pollutedcourt. undecided
I wonder how una lungs go look like.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by mfm04622: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
lexy2014:

Incomplete refining of the crude causes the soot. The destruction of the illegal refinery by fire also contribute to the soot. If there is no illegal refinery, there won't be need to destroy them.

The main cause of the soot in PH is illegal refinery. The part paid by destruction is minor.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt by udemzyudex(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
TrackerXL:

Is this your first time of hearing about the black soot? Do you expect the water to be brown, there was a thread on FP about a guy cleaning black soot from his nostrils.
So what do you expect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of The Child Attacked By Soldier’s Dog Recuperating / Photos Of 5-Year-Old Girl With 'Windswept Legs' After Undergoing Surgery / Help, I Can't Last Beyond 5mins During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.