Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,279 members, 7,967,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:16 AM

Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking (1917 Views)

Peter Obi: Even With Gun On My Head, I Won't Say How I Will Deal With Security / Omoyele Sowore: 'Bounty Placed On My Head To Be Arrested Or Murdered' / “i'll Keep Talking...”, Atiku Replies APC, Says Buhari 'clueless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Benbellamor: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2021
https://punchng.com/critics-can-keep-talking-miss-nigeria-crown-already-on-my-head-shatu-garko/
The 44th Miss Nigeria, Shatu Garko, has slammed those who criticised her for participating in the beauty pageant because she is a Muslim.

The 18-year-old hijab-wearing queen said though critics may continue to talk, the Miss Nigeria crown is already on her head and there is nothing she can do about it.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Commander General of the Kano Hisbah Board, Harun Ibn-Sina, said that the Sharia Police would invite the parents of Garko for allowing her to participate in the Miss Nigeria pageant on December 17, 2021 at the Landmark Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Garko, who wore a hijab during the pageant, had won the beauty pageant and took home the prize of N10m, one-year residency in a luxury apartment, brand new car, and many brand ambassadorship opportunities.

However, the Hisbah boss said Garko’s participation is illegal and unknown to Islam, adding that the parents of the teenager would be invited so that other ladies won’t model after Garko.

3 Likes

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Klimltdz: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2021
National concern
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Tinubuadvocate: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2021
Where is the beauty.
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by hisexcellency34: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2021
Hisbah Commander will cry after reading this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Urbanchampion: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2021
She should settle Hesbollah, abi na hisbah from the 10m or invite their commanders to her luxury apartment, to spend a few nights, and if they won't shut up on her matter forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2021
This is one of the sad stories about religion.

What's hisbah fucking business with how the young lady live her life, what she's interested in or not. What's their interest with beauty Pageant? Oh I forgot they were also interested in BBN

Is UAE not organizing beauty pageant events in their country?

Religion is actually drawing us backward in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by tsdarkside(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2021
why can she just keep quiet....??
must she provoke them even more....??
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Urbanchampion: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Where is the beauty.

If you want to be foolish, use your alternate account. Don't drag the image of Asiwaju in disrepute.

5 Likes

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:
why can she just keep quiet....??
must she provoke them even more....??

Those Hisbah should also stop pokenosing into things they should have ignored.

1 Like

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Raph82(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2021
Who is empowering this backward-thinking Hisbah? I don't seem to understand. All these holier than thou mentality in the name of religion must stop if the north is to move forward. 10 million naira cash, brand new car and paid trips to different countries, na Islam doctrines wan provide all these for her? The world has gone past all these backward religious doctrines, even Saudi Arabia and UAE are shying away from those strict Islamic views and doctrines to move to the next level of socialization and development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by tsdarkside(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:

Those Hisbah should also stop pokenosing into things they should have ignored.

if you want something to change,you dont go about it this way....
you already won....why dont keep quiet than provokin them....??
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by hisexcellency34: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2021
Nice response to him. How can someone be acting so foolishly on Christmas morning?
Urbanchampion:

If you want to be foolish, use your alternate account. Don't drag the image of Asiwaju in disrepute.
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:

Why did Hisbah invite her parents? For what? Don't people don't longer have free will/choice about things?
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by hisexcellency34: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2021
It is that provoking that will kill them
tsdarkside:

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Nice response to him. How can someone be acting so foolishly on Christmas morning?

That comments actually off me... Haba
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by WibusJaga: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2021

Nigeria Constitution vs Sharia. Which is supreme?
& yet people disturb us with One Nigeria
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by tsdarkside(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:

Why did Hisbah invite her parents? For what? Don't people don't longer have free will/choice about things?

you think uae women went about it this way....??

nigerians are just too stvbborn joor....
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by kayusely70(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2021
Raph82:
Who is empowering this backward-thinking Hisbah? I don't seem to understand. All these holier than thou mentality in the name of religion must stop if the north is to move forward. 10 million naira cash, brand new car and paid trips to different countries, na Islam doctrines wan provide all these for her? The world has gone past all these backward religious doctrines, even Saudi Arabia and UAE are shying away from those strict Islamic views and doctrines to move to the next level of socialization and development.
Thank you for your sensible contribution!
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Tinubuadvocate: 8:16am On Dec 25, 2021
Dont be unfortunate boy I'm entitled to my opinion you don't feed me mind your business again dont be unfortunate.
Urbanchampion:

1 Like

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:16am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:

you think uae women went about it this way....??

nigerians are just too stvbborn joor....

Did UAE people and government see anything wrong in beauty pageant? If they do,they wouldn't be organizing them.

Even for the fact that the said lady won the contest wearing Hijab..

Hisbah are simply perverts. Imagine banning mannequin probably because it's giving them hard on
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by tsdarkside(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2021
helinues:

Did UAE people and government see anything wrong in beauty pageant? If they do,they wouldn't be organizing them.

Even for the fact that the said lady won the contest wearing Hijab..

Hisbah are simply perverts. Imagine banning mannequin probably because it's giving them hard on

but didnt bring change about like that by challendgin peoples believes....
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by helinues: 8:22am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:

but didnt bring change about like that by challendgin peoples believes....

I didn't get that
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Benbellamor: 8:25am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:

Hisbah that can't save Muslim hijab girls from bandits and rape and make their life miserable... They plan to keep these girls under captivity and baby making thank God that they're getting exposed to using their potential to better their self...not confused outdated Hisbah

1 Like

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by tsdarkside(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2021
Benbellamor:
Hisbah that can't save Muslim hijab girls from bandits and rape and make their life miserable... They plan to keep these girls under captivity and baby making thank God that they're getting exposed to using their potential to better their self...not confused outdated Hisbah

things will eventualy change....actualy west africa doesnt have the culture of lookin down on women....

remember i said culture not religion....
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Benbellamor: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2021
tsdarkside:

things will eventualy change....actualy west africa doesnt have the culture of lookin down on women....

remember i said culture not religion....
I agree 100%
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Urbanchampion: 9:30am On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Dont be unfortunate boy I'm entitled to my opinion you don't feed me mind your business again dont be unfortunate.
Oponu ọmọ aláìléko'le, ìwọ lo maa ṣorí ibú!

1 Like

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by sapientia(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2021
She will deny this statement under 24 hours
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by CSTRR: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2021
In an alternate universe where Nigeria is two different countries, I wouldn't mind creating a visa scheme for northern women to immigrate to the south.

The men can remain where they are.
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by DirectTokunbo: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2021
They should keep allowing Hisbah to do whatever it likes, a time will come when every region will form its own independent task force which abides by its own constitution. Then when people talk they will say "shebi Hisbah was doing it and everybody kept quiet"

Benbellamor:
https://punchng.com/critics-can-keep-talking-miss-nigeria-crown-already-on-my-head-shatu-garko/
The 44th Miss Nigeria, Shatu Garko, has slammed those who criticised her for participating in the beauty pageant because she is a Muslim.

The 18-year-old hijab-wearing queen said though critics may continue to talk, the Miss Nigeria crown is already on her head and there is nothing she can do about it.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the Commander General of the Kano Hisbah Board, Harun Ibn-Sina, said that the Sharia Police would invite the parents of Garko for allowing her to participate in the Miss Nigeria pageant on December 17, 2021 at the Landmark Centre in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Garko, who wore a hijab during the pageant, had won the beauty pageant and took home the prize of N10m, one-year residency in a luxury apartment, brand new car, and many brand ambassadorship opportunities.

However, the Hisbah boss said Garko’s participation is illegal and unknown to Islam, adding that the parents of the teenager would be invited so that other ladies won’t model after Garko.

1 Like

Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Tinubuadvocate: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Ogun lopa e omo ale jatijati is me and you here oloriburuku omo irankiran.
Urbanchampion:

Oponu ọmọ aláìléko'le, ìwọ lo maa ṣírí ibú òjìji
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by FarahAideed: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2021
I like her name ..Shatu Shatu Shatu..I might name my next daughter Shatu
Re: Shatu Garko: Miss Nigeria Crown Is Already On My Head, Critics Can Keep Talking by Urbanchampion: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Ogun lopa e omo ale jatijati is me and you here oloriburuku omo irankiran.

You and who, perhaps your parents and elders at home? ọmọàlè!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: THE ODDS AGAINST TINUBU / Tinubu Has Only 16 More Days In Apc / Nobody Can Stop Peter Obi’s Rally In Lagos – AAC Presidential Candidate, Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.