Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,297 members, 7,900,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:42 PM

This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life (33055 Views)

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money / My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
God is your strength I have been in the music and movie industry since 1992 it was only this month I got my first check now I can finally show my mum I’m not just wasting time. All will be well. You will get your blessings

7 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by cletz991(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
sickening
PUSSYHOE:
grin

Me too N-PUSSY dey owe me 90k, i missed 4 pussies Today.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by iTearHerToto: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:
I was born into an average family with my parents always doing their best to make us happy during Christmas celebration very year.

Unfortunately, I ventured into business this year but lost everything due to the evil employees I had. They intentionally wrecked the business and disappeared. I've been weeping since October till date and left with nothing.

I woke up this morning but couldn't say a word of prayers, instead I found myself weeping again. I do hope on God for divine provision and restoration.

It is well.
grin grin grin
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
cletz991:
sickening

Somebody dey sick for your family?
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Exceed15: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
If you loose don't loose the lesson
2022 will be greater for you.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by cletz991(m): 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ogun kill your generation there angry
PUSSYHOE:

Somebody dey sick for your family?
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Exceed15: 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
If you loose don't loose the lesson
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Kujo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
I feel you bro, this is also my worst Christmas, I wife took off with two of my kids because I'm not able to meet up her needs, I'm left here weeping everyday she left a week before Christmas and I've been finding ways to be strong. so please be strong you're not alone

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by damoceile: 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
It is well bro never give up no matter what
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by OmoOshodi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
If it's Fish farming you ventured into......we are together....i lost over 3million naira this year only with over 12 yrs experience I've had in it...

My advice to you....Quit fish farming/or anything farming...its a trap to be poor for life....

Sent my wife and kids to my mum( it's all merry over there)....i'm all alone....ate yesterday beans since morning and nothing to eat tonight..

But still...

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by somehow: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:
I was born into an average family with my parents always doing their best to make us happy during Christmas celebration very year.

Unfortunately, I ventured into business this year but lost everything due to the evil employees I had. They intentionally wrecked the business and disappeared. I've been weeping since October till date and left with nothing.

I woke up this morning but couldn't say a word of prayers, instead I found myself weeping again. I do hope on God for divine provision and restoration.

It is well.

We have a similar story. Mine happened about 7 years ago, but I'm back and better.

Cheer up, you will bounce back as long as you have a clear plan and the knowledge to scale through.

Your goodwill should help you stand and start over again if you have any.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Goldentulip2: 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:

It is well.

Bro I know when anyone that haven’t experienced such says CHEER up, they may not understand. To them it may seem easy but I SWEAR a similar thing happened to me some years ago. I lost all the money, I felt like i was gonna run mad, debts plus my own money lost to execute the government project. I was owed and wasn’t paid. But I tell you authoritatively CHEER up, I know it can be hard but it’s not impossible. Very soon, you will remember this episode and laugh about it. Cheer up u got life and and your family.

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
cletz991:
Ogun kill my generation there angry
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by naturefellow(m): 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
AFULA:
Have been jobless for the past two months.. But we move!!!
morale!
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by modsfucker: 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:

It is well.

God is your strength Bro, though you've learnt the bitter way, and now you're twice as wise. Go and make it happen again, with the wealth of bitter lesson you've learnt.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Crafteck1: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:

It is well.

Not only u, we plenty there, be like i go leave the country for una
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by taleetah(f): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thank God you can weep. Those in the grave don't weep.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by freddie009(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You fall to rise again and never to fall again. Just check where you got it wrong and mend it. You'd come back stronger. It's very risky to employ these days because nobody wants to work. Rather they want quick money. Each time I collect a resume from any of my relations, trying to see how I could fix them, the first question they'd ask is...uncle, please like how much can they pay me? undecided. When they don't even know the nature or their job description yet. It's getting to a state where prospective employers will be asking for a collateral from guarantors before one could think of employing anyone.

So far, we've not had such experience. To an extent , my colleagues( I don't call them staff) are God-fearing and our relationship has been mutual. You can imagine investing in your employees up to sending them on training overseas...Western countries to be precise and now japa afterwards, e go be tinz oo. That's always the case nowadays.

OP, whenever I see a story like this, I always back it up with a similar story which ended well, as a means of encouraging people in similar shoes. I have a cousin who travelled to America for the first time early 2000s. He was going to a computer institute. On getting to POE, he was asked the normal question of his mission and that was after he had been admitted. They contacted the training centre who said, due to low turnout of participants, the session was cancelled but they didn't mail my guy to inform him...strange. This was around November that year. They also said the applicant ( my cousin)registered with a fraudulent card and the owner had placed a charge for fraud on the card so, my cousin was taken in for secondary inspection. An agent in Nigeria registered him for the training at New Horizons US. He saw the advert inside a newspaper so he contacted them since he would soon commence his annual leave. He wanted to use the opportunity to do something before resuming. He was earning a good salary here as a mgt trainee in a multinational company. It was his first annual leave ever, so he didn't want to be idle.

Long story cut short, this guy dragged it with CBP that he didn't know what they were saying because he paid the right amount in local currency to the agent who registered him for this computer training on Ms Windows Server, 2003 Enterprise Edition. He already had some certification like CompTIA locally. This guy was arrested and dropped inside a cold cell. Later he was deported to Nigeria. On arrival he went to the agent's office. The place had been closed. A couple of other candidates too got involved in the mess so the agent had to japa.

My cousin went back to American embassy a year later but this time, he had arranged payment directly by himself . On approaching the VO, his offence was read out to him from the computer, to which he all denied and explained what happened. The VO now said he'd been banned permanently from entering US from the information he had on the system. He wanted to commit suicide. I called him and calmed him down. He listened to me , embraced God and moved on. I took him to one of my pastors who said he shouldn't worry that he should keep praying and the road would be clear again. But he would pray very hard .

A few years later, my cousin was having a programme to attend in Washington DC so he applied. The man of God said the right time had come and his visa would be approved. He was in doubt he told him to have faith because that's what was revealed to him. He gave him 3 days to fast and pray all alone with some words of God to back it up.

He appeared and the VO engaged him for over 25 minutes while my guy was sweating as he was explaining things. Those on queue behind him were already complaining...you know our people and impatience. The VO now said there was a mark of ineligibility on his profile which only the attorney-general of the United States could remove. He said but he would apply for a waiver on his behalf but he wouldn't know how soon the outcome would be but they'd send him an email once a decision was reached. Barely 4 weeks after the appearance he received a mail on a Friday morning titled Lagos NIV and his passport number. He called me and I told him to open it. Behold his waiver of ineligibility had been approved. He was now asked to send his passport through DHL and fill a form which came with the mail and send it altogether. 4 days later, his visa was approved. Though he missed the Washington DC yearly event. He used the visa the following year and since then, it's been easy entry and exit for him. You too would bounce back OP. Wipe your tears.

Why would he be so desperate to travel to the US to the extent he wanted to commit suicide? When he has a job in a multinational company?

Your story get K leg. He was hustling to travel out for greener pasture.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by emonis88: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
Op take heart, once there is life there is hope, but learn ur lessons, Y did u loose all ur investment to ur employees? 1, U didn't know about the business, so u didn't even know when u were bn ripped off, 2, u were not around to monitor ur business, u felt ur employees il do all d work n u pay them n make all d profits? 3, Ur employees noticed 1n 2 n behaved the way a normal Nigerian would. Lastly, for those of u office workers, n new graduates that think business is easy, hope una dey hear this OP. Make una dey learn una lessons o!!!!
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by freddie009(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
I trust no one, except my immediate family. Every other person Nah third eye I dey use watch am.

This country everybody they street.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Kay25(m): 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
dedons:

It is well.
thank God that you didn't lose your life...If there is life there is hope my brother it will all turn to good for you and 2022 you shall laugh he says weeping may endure for nite but joy cometh in the morning your morning has come yes you will rejoice in jesus name I pray
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by cliqtips: 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
This is bad....

But twitter has two-way authentication na.

You should trust any employee to the level that you don't use that feature.

That said, didn't the owner collects guarantors when employing the fellow.

If yes, he can easily be traced. He even have is phone number sef.

Lol... What am I even saying sef ? He has the person's bank details and that's all he needs to get him.

DropsMic:
You won't know how horrible Nigerians are until you become an employer of labour...

Check this out.. A colleague of mine employed someone to manage his company's Twitter account and after working for some days he changed the email address and username to the Twitter account and stopped coming to work.. when my colleague contacted him this was the reply he got.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by jclassiq(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
DropsMic:
You won't know how horrible Nigerians are until you become an employer of labour...

Check this out.. A colleague of mine employed someone to manage his company's Twitter account and after working for some days he changed the email address and username to the Twitter account and stopped coming to work.. when my colleague contacted him this was the reply he got.
Does this colleague of yours not vet people prior to employing them? He employs them out of thin air?

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Viking007(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
perryy:
Same thing happened to me in October this year. I lost everything. I latter sold my car , borrowed money to buy a Nigerian used bus for transportation, but I didn't know the engine mounting were bad , so on my way to Iyano era to fix seats on the bus, the engine and gear fell off. After spending all I had, the bus is still yet not in good condition and I can't use it for business. Worst thing is I will start the loan repayment early next year , in two weeks time. Suicide thought is going through my mind. I hate insult and I can't bear insults and disgrace that would follow if I can't put this bus in order and use it to generate income to pay those that lent me money.
Suicide is NEVER an option. Please don’t even think about it. God always shows up when we are at our breaking point. Trust Him and keep pushing, something must drop.

And if it makes you feel better; 90%+ of Nigerians are owing one form of debt or the other. You’re NOT alone.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by razzydoo(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
Overthinking no fit solve problem, better days are coming ma wobe. smiley
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ate the leftover bread from yesterday today for Christmas plus pure water. I can't kill myself. If I don't have I don't have. OP I'm also in your shoes. The year has been tough but let's just count it all joy. Glory ahead.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Lugianostar(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Much reason you must give thanks to God for preservation.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Amalekki: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Frankly I thought someone died or green snake bit your blokus for inside toilet.

You are doing well. You will be fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by cliqtips: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
I'm sorry about your loss...

Please what business was it ?
Can you share with us ?
if possible, share your experience so that people can advise you in case of next time...

dedons:

It is well.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Mkingz(m): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Most times, it’s easier to dish advice when we not the one on the recieving end. But be strong bro...2022 is in 7 days time, reflect, write down goals and start the year on a fresh slate. Pray, grind and believe, and it will be alright
dedons:

It is well.
Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
you lost business and capital but some rich people lost their breath to covid-19 and incurable diseases

everything that happen to us in this life is a lesson and experience, that you've it bad doesn't change it from experience because experience is meant to be good or bad but as a man you must learn to stand no matter how many times you fall

now rise from that challenges and keep moving, complaining and lamentation will do you nothing but dragging back

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life by poweredcom(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hahahaha sometimes life is a beech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today / A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.