Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source (3248 Views)

Rufai Oseni: When Will A President Of Igbo Extraction Become Reality? / Naira Under Pressure, Nigeria May Seek Dollar Loan – IMF / Kalu: I’m Not Sure Nigerians Are Ready For President Of Igbo Extraction (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Metrix147: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
Facts have emerged that some North American countries are mounting pressure on the Nigerian government to have a South Easterner take over power at the expiration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure in 2023.

A reliable source was quoted to have said that the Canadian and United States of America Intelligence Agencies are leading the negotiations to for an Igbo son to occupy the number one office in the country.

Recall that the people of the Southeast region of the country which boasts of estimated population of over 60 million and one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria is yet to produce the country's democratically elected President since 1960.

Agitations arising from alleged marginalization had continued in the region since the Nigerian civil war ended in 1970.

The agitations have led to the formation of different secessionist movement with the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) the most prominent.

According to the source, the US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken was the arrowhead of the negotiation. The source hinted that North America being a strong ally of Nigeria was worried with the recent security crisis ravaging the nation.

”Anthony Blinken had during his last visit to President Muhammadu Buhari told him that for the interest of peace and stability of Nigeria, he should hand over to someone from the South-East or South-South. He however pointed that since South-South has presided over the country’s affairs for six years, he should narrow his search to South East. He mentioned that the President must see someone who has capacity to hold the nation together. He told the President that an Igbo President would help to stabilise the nation and dust the tension created by successionist agitation.

Speaking further, the source said ”Nigeria is anchored, metaphorically, on a tripod formed by Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo nationalities, with each representing one of the three legs on which Nigeria stands.

“These intelligence agencies are working hard to convince President Muhammadu Buhari to hand over to someone who is knowledgeable about economy and acceptable to all from the other regions ,” the source said.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/world-powers-pressure-nigeria-to-produce-president-of-igbo-extraction-source/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Bluntguy: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Accidental journalism.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
What kind of useless journalism is this

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by cheruv: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Seems like they're looking for an Igbo Gorbachev... Kos it's obvious that Nigeria won't survive beyond 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by AfonjaConehead: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

I can interpret for you,free of charge..btw, happy Christma

Lzaa I'm very sure you having a swell time this Christmas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by omenkaLives(m): 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by omenkaLives(m): 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Omo, this cracked my ribs so bad, I thought I was gonna have a seizure. >: grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Happy Christmas to you Okoro.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by kettykings: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Very interesting piece , an igbo is presently head WTO another headed ICJ another was the first president of Nigeria, another was the first real African President of Liberia and now they are begging for Igbos to be president of a country in its final stages of extinction

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by omenkaLives(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2021

Anthony Blinken had during his last visit to President Muhammadu Buhari told him that for the interest of peace and stability of Nigeria, he should hand over to someone from the South-East

Rotflmao!!! grin grin grin cheesy wink cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by BigSarah(f): 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Yeah, right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by LZAA: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Yes o
Only I saw one coneheaded structure roaming around my area
I had to call boys grin grin grin
Merry Xmas bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
omenkaLives:
Omo, this cracked my ribs so bad, I thought I was gonna have a seizure. >: grin grin

It would have helped if you had the seizure...so the problems of Benue will be beyond you forever cool cool cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by LZAA: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Happy Christmas to you Okoro.

2 Likes

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
omenkaLives:
Rotflmao!!! grin grin grin cheesy wink cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin

As if you from backwards Benue, have a choice... cheesy cheesy cheesy

When OBJ and Falae from SW were the only major candidates in 1999, through international arrangements, you Rotflmao!!!

But it still happened...and one of them became the president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2021
A little opinion insight of Nigeria after 2023 without a SE president or VP.. I wish and pray I would have completed my migration. Nigeria cant survive another region wholly going rogue..

- The Ipob agenda might blow through the roof, making Nnamdi kanu extremely popular internationally as the spite on fence sitting Igbos whom are majority today would be rubbed on their faces..

- Killings and assassinations of public officers might erupt in the region with little or no empathy from the masses in same region..

- IGR in the region would almost zero out and mechanisms of FG extraction of funds might greatly collapse..

- The military might be greatly stretched with officers seeking not to be transfered there with dusk to dawn curfew in place that would attract massive public outcry as the day goes..

- Large protests, international audience and clamour would erupt massively, putting Nigeria on the limelight like never before..

- Commerce and foreign investments would drop massively as fear of the balkanization of the country would be at its highest..

- there would be a rush to fix the SE in other positions in the country, but it would make little or no effect as fear and panic would grip even the proposed candidates..

- Succession agitations might erupt in the South south and clamour for resource control from various regions would be rife all hiding under the block of inequality and injustice put up by the SE.

- There would be a lot of avoidable deaths, poverty, strife, insecurity, banditry and kidnapping would be full blown and seen as norm..

- At a point, other regions would push for the consideration of rapid constitution amendment for restructuring as Biafra would be a very tough nut to crack.

All in all, the SE would suffer greatly, but would see it as a justifiable cause..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by LILTJAY: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
World powers of Abakaliki grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
LILTJAY:
World powers of Abakaliki grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ajayi, we don hear....

Same world powers from Abakaliki ensured you had OBJ and Falae all from SW in 1999.

#Ewedu and amala...makes you forget easily.

11 Likes

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by LILTJAY: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Redcrafton:

Ajayi, we don here....

Same world powers from Abakaliki ensured you had OBJ and Falae all from SW in 1999.

#Ewedu and amala...makes you forget easily.
igbos will only be president in biafla and not nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Mide1data: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
HOLY SHIT

I also think Ibo presidency will be good. But the Ibo must be born in South West, reside in South West and his vice must be either South West or South South.
All I know is that the nxt president must come 4rom the SOUTH.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

1 Like

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Igbodicool(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Who Igbo Presidency help?

Who is the first president of Nigeria, people will shout Nnamdi Azikiwe.
How did it helped Igbo Race in this British Empire.

On REFERENDUM we stand!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
LILTJAY:
igbos will only be president in biafla and not nigeria

So says the inconsequential Ajayi...

If that will make you well...so what?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by LILTJAY: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Redcrafton:

So says the inconsequential Ajayi...

If that will make you well...so what?
ypu don't want biafla again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
LILTJAY:
ypu don't want biafla again?

Did you forgetful Ajayi asked OPC, this same question in 1999, when they wanted Odua republic?

This is just for people reading to understand the type of people we have in Nigeria...

Terrible hypocrites....everywhere.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by mightyhaze: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Sane climes.
Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Tinubuadvocate: 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
[s]
Metrix147:
Facts have emerged that some North American countries are mounting pressure on the Nigerian government to have a South Easterner take over power at the expiration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure in 2023.

A reliable source was quoted to have said that the Canadian and United States of America Intelligence Agencies are leading the negotiations to for an Igbo son to occupy the number one office in the country.

Recall that the people of the Southeast region of the country which boasts of estimated population of over 60 million and one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria is yet to produce the country's democratically elected President since 1960.

Agitations arising from alleged marginalization had continued in the region since the Nigerian civil war ended in 1970.

The agitations have led to the formation of different secessionist movement with the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) the most prominent.

According to the source, the US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken was the arrowhead of the negotiation. The source hinted that North America being a strong ally of Nigeria was worried with the recent security crisis ravaging the nation.

”Anthony Blinken had during his last visit to President Muhammadu Buhari told him that for the interest of peace and stability of Nigeria, he should hand over to someone from the South-East or South-South. He however pointed that since South-South has presided over the country’s affairs for six years, he should narrow his search to South East. He mentioned that the President must see someone who has capacity to hold the nation together. He told the President that an Igbo President would help to stabilise the nation and dust the tension created by successionist agitation.

Speaking further, the source said ”Nigeria is anchored, metaphorically, on a tripod formed by Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo nationalities, with each representing one of the three legs on which Nigeria stands.

“These intelligence agencies are working hard to convince President Muhammadu Buhari to hand over to someone who is knowledgeable about economy and acceptable to all from the other regions ,” the source said.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/world-powers-pressure-nigeria-to-produce-president-of-igbo-extraction-source/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove
[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Tinubuadvocate: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nigeria is not a Ghana or Libya where foreigners are decided on their politics .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Nigeria is not a Ghana or Libya where foreigners are decided on their politics .

So when the same foreigner's decided for you in the civil war...in your politics...what was that?

How do you people reason and are able to cross the road?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
grin if you like, go and report us to Russia. We no do, no presidency for okoros!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Ekpeitit(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Beggers.

3 Likes

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Tinubuadvocate: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Look at you, you are naive.
Redcrafton:

So when the same foreigner's decided for you in the civil war...in your politics...what was that?

How do you people reason and are able to cross the road?

3 Likes

Re: World Powers Pressure Nigeria To Produce President Of Igbo Extraction — Source by Redcrafton: 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Look at you, you are naive.

Please show that you are not more naive...by responding to my comment with evidence.. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback To Atiku Crowd In Kano In 2019 Campaign / Local Contractors To Get Priority In Ekiti State Development Projects / El-Rufai Accused Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.