Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? (1335 Views)

Note: Apollo Or Anti-christ (who Is A Young Boy) Will Come From A popular Man / A True Atheist Or Sceptic Will Believe In Afterlife / Is Nairaland Becoming Anti-christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 27, 2021
TenQ:

What was the question?

I said you should tell me what you want to hear before you can assist me financially

What is that knowledge you need about me?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2021
LordReed:

Most of us are exchristians so we are more familiar with the Christian conception of god. It is more easy to refute a concept you are familiar with than one you aren't familiar with. This doesn't make us antiChristian by default, an antiChristian would actively campaign for the abolishment of all things Christian. I for one do not think Christianity or religion in general needs to be abolished but the bad ideas religion fosters need to go.

The silence is not helping matters
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by NNTR: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2021
LordReed:
How were the charges trumped up if they were true?
Or is Jesus not god?
Matthew 26:59
Now the chief priests and the whole Council (Sanhedrin, Jewish High Court)
tried to get false witnesses to testify against Jesus,
so that they might [have a reason to] put Him to death.

Mark 14:53-65
53Jesus was led off to the high priest.
Then the chief priests, the nation's leaders, and the teachers of the Law of Moses all met together.
54Peter had followed at a distance, and when he reached the courtyard of the high priest's house,
he sat down with the guards to warm himself beside a fire.
55The chief priests and the whole council tried to find someone to accuse Jesus of a crime,
so they could put him to death. But they could not find anyone to accuse him.
56Many people did tell lies against Jesus, but they did not agree on what they said
57Finally, some men stood up and lied about him. They said,
58 “We heard Him say He would tear down this temple that we built.
He also claimed that in three days He would build another one without any help.”
59But even then they did not agree on what they said.
60The high priest stood up in the council and asked Jesus,
“Why don't You say something in Your own defense?
Don't You hear the charges they are making against You?”
61But Jesus kept quiet and did not say a word.
The high priest asked Him another question,
“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the glorious God?”
62 “Yes, I am!” Jesus answered.
“Soon you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right side of God All-Powerful,
and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
63At once the high priest ripped his robe apart and shouted,
“Why do we need more witnesses?
64 You heard Him claim to be God! What is your decision?”
They all agreed He should be put to death.
65Some of the people started spitting on Jesus.
They blindfolded Him, hit Him with their fists, and said,
“Tell us who hit You!”
Then the guards took charge of Jesus and beat Him

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Alao046(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2021
TenQ:

It is far more easy to be a child than to be a slave!
Don't you think so?

Freedom!
You don't get the point.
Being a Christian is not by force, neither is it by compulsion.

The reason why I told you about my almost saying the shahada was because NO EVIL would have befallen be if I became a Moslem.

WHY did you leave your Glorious ISLAM for Atheism?
I left religion as a whole, and not just Islam. Because as you can see, god is vacuum, void, non existing. So everything there are just lies and nonsense.
But still its far better a strong religion than christainity. Christainity is empty, more lies and controversy surrounds it than Islam, Islam came after christainity so it is more matured and stronger than christainity
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by TenQ: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2021
Alao046:

I left religion as a whole, and not just Islam. Because as you can see, god is vacuum, void, non existing. So everything there are just lies and nonsense.
But still its far better a strong religion than christainity. Christainity is empty, more lies and controversy surrounds it than Islam, Islam came after christainity so it is more matured and stronger than christainity
That's were you get it completely wrong.
Christianity is NOT a religion. It is a RELATIONSHIP that has religious components.

Islam however is a RELIGION!

That is why you can't use religion to judge Christians, you can however use their relationship with God as a yardstick to evaluate them.

There is a world of a difference!

On your choice of Atheism, good for you. And what is/will be your gain?

If you exist, don't you know that others that you know not of also exists.
Can you explain the source of LIFE and CONSCIOUSNESS from inorganic materials?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by TenQ: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2021
Crystyano:

Why didn't you answer me?
Because you act like one is is dependent on...

I'll like to keep a distance!
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by LordReed(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2021
NNTR:
Matthew 26:59
Now the chief priests and the whole Council (Sanhedrin, Jewish High Court)
tried to get false witnesses to testify against Jesus,
so that they might [have a reason to] put Him to death.

Mark 14:53-65
53Jesus was led off to the high priest.
Then the chief priests, the nation's leaders, and the teachers of the Law of Moses all met together.
54Peter had followed at a distance, and when he reached the courtyard of the high priest's house,
he sat down with the guards to warm himself beside a fire.
55The chief priests and the whole council tried to find someone to accuse Jesus of a crime,
so they could put him to death. But they could not find anyone to accuse him.
56Many people did tell lies against Jesus, but they did not agree on what they said
57Finally, some men stood up and lied about him. They said,
58 “We heard Him say He would tear down this temple that we built.
He also claimed that in three days He would build another one without any help.”
59But even then they did not agree on what they said.
60The high priest stood up in the council and asked Jesus,
“Why don't You say something in Your own defense?
Don't You hear the charges they are making against You?”
61But Jesus kept quiet and did not say a word.
The high priest asked Him another question,
“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the glorious God?”
62 “Yes, I am!” Jesus answered.
“Soon you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right side of God All-Powerful,
and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
63At once the high priest ripped his robe apart and shouted,
“Why do we need more witnesses?
64 You heard Him claim to be God! What is your decision?”
They all agreed He should be put to death.
65Some of the people started spitting on Jesus.
They blindfolded Him, hit Him with their fists, and said,
“Tell us who hit You!”
Then the guards took charge of Jesus and beat Him

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

The charge was he claimed to be equal to the god, were they wrong or not?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by johnydon22(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2021
seguno2:

You don’t think the greater violence of Muslims count

Not necessarily, that would mean Hindus or Buddhists are just as violent because as you know they don't get shit on as much too.

Atheists who were once muslims seem to be anti-Islam more

1 Like

Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:
Reasons for atheism.

1. Most Christians who eventually became atheists never understood the bible before they they finally decided not to be Christians anymore, they believe every written texts should be clearly understood before one can effectively practice the content thereof, I for one as a Christian I believe that should be the case too.
2. Because the bible is that difficult to be fully understood, most Christians do not understand the religion they practice inspite reading the bible devotedly and meticulously through out their life time. So, they possibly cannot defend themselves on why they find themselves practicing Christianity even when some of the things they do are not reasonable enough to classify as common sense.

So, right now it is a case of the ignorant lecturer(the atheist) trying to lecture the Christian(the ignorant student) the content of their bible.

But one thing is certain in all these : There is absolute knowledge of the bible.
The bible can be fully understood just like the way we understand our physics, economics and history texts. But unfortunately, such knowledge is not common in Africa.

In Africa and most third world countries, we adopted a religion we know nothing about while the Europeans are currently living the standard practices of the same religion because most of them were fully educated

You that have fully understood the bible like Luke, kindly share what others have missed.

What differentiates a Christian from others?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Alao046(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
TenQ:

That's were you get it completely wrong.
Christianity is NOT a religion. It is a RELATIONSHIP that has religious components.

Islam however is a RELIGION!

That is why you can't use religion to judge Christians, you can however use their relationship with God as a yardstick to evaluate them.

There is a world of a difference!

On your choice of Atheism, good for you. And what is/will be your gain?

If you exist, don't you know that others that you know not of also exists.
Can you explain the source of LIFE and CONSCIOUSNESS from inorganic materials?
If i can't, how does that prove the existence of a vacuum god. tongue tongue tongue
Even if i don't know how i came to exist, it still will never prove the existence of any supreme nonsense diety.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Myer:

You that have fully understood the bible like Luke
I can't say i have fully understood the bible yet, but i can tell you that i have understood it basic ideas and concepts, and i wish that everyone calling himself or herself a Christian should understand.
Otherwise, they will continue to be defeated by atheists and other antiChrists or anti-christians.

And i will also add that, it takes one to be educated to have a proper understanding of the dynamics of scriptures.
If you are not educated or have a basic knowledge of logic, everything the bible is trying to explain to you will never benefit you, especially the parables and teachings of Jesus Christ.
The highest you can do with these things is to use them to do the usual religious activities, that's all.
But they never benefit you.

Logic helps you to prepare your brain..

, kindly share what others have missed.
the knowledge of who exactly they are as Christians.
And as such, they have missed or lost focus of the purpose of their existence on this earth.
People who were erroneously thought from childhood by doctrines brought to Africa by colonial Christian missionaries of the 18th century that they will be raptured someday from this earth, and they still believe that error till this modern day, what do you expect from them?

What differentiates a Christian from others?
many Christians in Africa still do not know what distinguish them as Christians from other people.
This is a very ridiculous confusion among believers.

When you see pastors calling altar call today in their pulpit(example is pastor Enoch Adeboye), the same Christians will come out to be saved, not knowing that they are already saved just being born Christians.

The question people will ask is, why will Pastor Adeboye involved in that kind of a scam ?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:
I can't say i have fully understood the bible yet, but i can tell you that i have understood it basic ideas and concepts, and i wish that everyone calling himself or herself a Christian should understand.
Otherwise, they will continue to be defeated by atheists and other antiChrists or anti-christians.

And i will also add that, it takes one to be educated to have a proper understanding of the dynamics of scriptures.
If you are not educated or have a basic knowledge of logic, everything the bible is trying to explain to you will never benefit you, especially the parables and teachings of Jesus Christ.
The highest you can do with these things is to use them to do the usual religious activities, that's all.
But they never benefit you.

Logic helps you to prepare your brain..
the knowledge of who exactly they are as Christians.
And as such, they have missed or lost focus of the purpose of their existence on this earth.
People who were erroneously thought from childhood by doctrines brought to Africa by colonial Christian missionaries of the 18th century that they will be raptured someday from this earth, and they still believe that error till this modern day, what do you expect from them?
many Christians in Africa still do not know what distinguish them as Christians from other people.
This is a very ridiculous confusion among believers.

When see pastors calling alter call today in their pulpit(example is pastor Enoch Adeboye), the same Christians will come out to be saved, not knowing that they are already saved just being born Christians.

The question people will ask is, why will Pastor Adeboye involved in that kind of a scam ?

You did not answer the last question though.

What differentiates a Christian from a non-Christian?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by TenQ: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
Alao046:

If i can't, how does that prove the existence of a vacuum god. tongue tongue tongue
Even if i don't know how i came to exist, it still will never prove the existence of any supreme nonsense diety.
If you can't explain anything but you could make important decisions based on not knowing, what does it make you?
What do we call people who act without thinking?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
Myer:

You did not answer the last question though.

What differentiates a Christian from a non-Christian?
A Christian have faith in Christ, while a non Christian does not.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by seguno2: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
johnydon22:
Not necessarily, that would mean Hindus or Buddhists are just as violent because as you know they don't get shit on as much too.

Atheists who were once muslims seem to be anti-Islam more

Hindus and Buddhists are quite violent in their own territories. They are not so relevant to us in Nigeria, compared with Christianity and Islam.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:

A Christian have faith in Christ, while a non Christian does not.

That's not really a convincing point.

A muslim could as well claim what differentiates a Mislim from any other religion is prophet Mohammed.
Likewise a Jew can claim what differentiate them from other religions is Abraham or Moses.

A Confucian can claim its Conficius.
A Buddhist can claim Bhudda etc.

So you see why just simply saying Christ does not answer the question.

2 Likes

Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Myer:

That's not really a convincing point.
ok

A muslim could as well claim what differentiates a Mislim from any other religion is prophet Mohammed.
Likewise a Jew can claim what differentiate them from other religions is Abraham or Moses.
A Confucian can claim its Conficius.
A Buddhist can claim Bhudda etc.
exactly, and that's the truth.
This is because, there are varieties of faiths

So you see why just simply saying Christ does not answer the question.
this is whole point I'm trying to make.

There are other indept knowledge we need to know beyond mere saying Christ
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:
ok
exactly, and that's the truth.
This is because, there are varieties of faiths
this is whole point I'm trying to make.

There are other indept knowledge we need to know beyond mere saying Christ

You are still being elusive.

Are there things that differentiate a Christian from others or not?

If yes, praytell, do share
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
Myer:

You are still being elusive.

Are there things that differentiate a Christian from others or not?

If yes, praytell, do share
there is absolutely nothing else that differentiate a Christian from a non Christian other than his faith.

As much as Christians enjoy life non Christians also do.
Christians live righteously, infact there are non Christians who are more righteous than their Christian counterparts.
So, there is nothing to boast of being a Christian other than faith which is the spiritual aspect
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:
there is absolutely nothing else that differentiate a Christian from a non Christian other than his faith.

As much as Christians enjoy life non Christians also do.
Christians live righteously, infact there are non Christians who are more righteous than their Christian counterparts.
So, there is nothing to boast of being a Christian other than faith which is the spiritual aspect

Can you give scriptural reference to back this?
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by johnydon22(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
seguno2:

Hindus and Buddhists are quite violent in their own territories. They are not so relevant to us in Nigeria, compared with Christianity and Islam.

Exactly just as Islam is not as relevant as Christianity in southern Nigeria where these atheists are mostly from.

Get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Myer:

Can you give scriptural reference to back this?
Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

This implies that any form of boasting(which also include righteous living by keeping the law) is irrelevant, when it comes to faith.

So, saying because i am a Christian therefore, i am better than Muslims, is boasting.
In the real sense, there are muslims that are living righteously and doing better than some Christians. So, being a Christian is not about our ability to show to the world that we can live like Christ, it is just simply believing, that's all
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Myer(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
paxonel:

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

This implies that any form of boasting(which also include righteous living by keeping the law) is irrelevant, when it comes to faith.

So, saying because i am a Christian therefore, i am better than Muslims, is boasting.
In the real sense, there are muslims that are living righteously and doing better than some Christians. So, being a Christian is not about our ability to show to the world that we can live like Christ, it is just simply believing, that's all

But a Muslim has Faith in Allah and Mohammed just as well as a Christian has faith in God and Jesus Christ.
Likewise other religions and whom they place their faith in.

At the end of the day, it's all a matter of having a religion you have faith in.
Interestingly by virtue of geography we are inclined to be Muslims and Christian's in Nigeria.
While Arabs are inclined to be mostly Muslims.
Asians are inclined to be Buddhists and Hinduists. Etc

So faith alone is not itself a distinguishing factor.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by sonmvayina(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2021
I have the knowledge of God and I know what God means, what God is and is not.....I think to follow his dictates, laws and statues....The Christian religion has got nothing to do with God. It has nothing divine in it. It was only created after years of arguments by its first adherents....

Have a good knowledge of God and free yourself from the shackles of religion..
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by paxonel(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2021
Myer:

But a Muslim has Faith in Allah and Mohammed just as well as a Christian has faith in God and Jesus Christ.
Likewise other religions and whom they place their faith in.

At the end of the day, it's all a matter of having a religion you have faith in.
Interestingly by virtue of geography we are inclined to be Muslims and Christian's in Nigeria.
While Arabs are inclined to be mostly Muslims.
Asians are inclined to be Buddhists and Hinduists. Etc

So faith alone is not itself a distinguishing factor.
have you ever asked yourself how come inspite that in Africa, the dominant religions were the ones practiced in the name of ifa, oduduwa, obatala, sango, etc, but today, these faiths are not dominant anymore?
It is because Christianity and Islam were introduced to Africans.
Now, that is the power of introduction.
To preach a new faith that wasn't used to the people and coverting the people into new religious ideas.

This will ensure that, as time goes on Arabs will not always inclined to be Muslims.
Asians will not always inclined to be Buddhists.
Africans will not always inclined to practice oduduwa, obatala, sango or ogun worshipping.
Even Europe and the Americans may have a lot of their population drifting away from Christianity into atheism and so on.

Now, having said introduction, preaching was and it is still a method of introduction till this day.
But there are methods which are more adequate and reliable than preaching, one of which is living good life and being a light that may attract people to your religion.

This method works effectively.
You don't need to convince anyone to join your religion, they are convinced by what they see in you sometimes, they become adhrent of your religion in their heart without you knowing what has happened to them.

At the end of the day, what matters is : What faith do you belong, not how you live your life.

A scripture says without faith it is impossible to please God
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Alao046(m): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
TenQ:

If you can't explain anything but you could make important decisions based on not knowing, what does it make you?
What do we call people who act without thinking?
A how does that still leads to the prove of the existence of your heavenly invisible sky daddy.
?
The fact that u don't know something, does not mean that someone else does not know it, or will not know it, even if it is a billions years to come. The thing is that i don't know, and i am honest enough to say that i don't know, but you religious folks don't also know too. But instead of you guys to also say you don't know, you will start bringing up one cartoon story of how one something somewhere said let there a light and how some people somewhere eat one apple and it is affecting me now.
You cannot know the answer the every question in life, the one you know you say u know, and what you don't know is what you don't know.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by IMAliyu(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
Alao046:

Interesting, I've always thought it was the other way around.
That Christianity was more mature than Islam because it's older. And has had more time to work out its theology and philosophies that's why it's less prone to violent fanaticism now adays.
Islam, though is more defined in its doctrines than Christianity.
And that both Islam and Christianity are immature when compared to Buddhism and Hinduism.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by TenQ: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
Alao046:

A how does that still leads to the prove of the existence of your heavenly invisible sky daddy.
?
The fact that u don't know something, does not mean that someone else does not know it, or will not know it, even if it is a billions years to come. The thing is that i don't know, and i am honest enough to say that i don't know, but you religious folks don't also know too. But instead of you guys to also say you don't know, you will start bringing up one cartoon story of how one something somewhere said let there a light and how some people somewhere eat one apple and it is affecting me now.
You cannot know the answer the every question in life, the one you know you say u know, and what you don't know is what you don't know.
Common sense tell us that we can't know everything.
Common sense tell us that every knowledge is useful.
Common sense tell us that there are situations when we take reasonable action based on probabilities
Common sense tell us that we sometimes base serious decisions on logic even though evidence is scarce.

A brute mule will decide a position while pretending that there is not an iota of bases to take a reasonable action.
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2021
Alao046:

My mum keeps saying God will do it.... many Nigerians keep saying God will do it.......e no dey tire them?

E don tire me!

They will say thank God for waking up because it's not by your power...... some did not wake up.......but that one sef tire me..... anything about God just tire me.....

O su mi !

I am fed up!
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Alao046(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
TenQ:

Common sense tell us that we can't know everything.
Common sense tell us that every knowledge is useful.
Common sense tell us that there are situations when we take reasonable action based on probabilities
Common sense tell us that we sometimes base serious decisions on logic even though evidence is scarce.

A brute mule will decide a position while pretending that there is not an iota of bases to take a reasonable action.

Sorry sir, my common sense will never allow me to believe in a non existing sky daddy without any iota of evidence.
My common sense will not be called common if i base my whole life believing in a comic book written by drunkards.
My common sense will not be called common when I start to believe that someone used a holy rod to divide the red sea, or that a prostitute virgin become pregnant and gave birth.
My common sense cannot be called common if i start to believe that someone who could not save himself from been hanged on a cross like a chicken 2000yrs ago when he was alive, will now come and save me from my problem now that he is dead and his bone has gotten rotten.

1 Like

Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by Alao046(m): 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

My mum keeps saying God will do it.... many Nigerians keep saying God will do it.......e no dey tire them?

E don tire me!

They will say thank God for waking up because it's not by your power...... some did not wake up.......but that one sef tire me..... anything about God just tire me.....

O su mi !

I am fed up!
There a many mad people roaming about the street, but they don't know
Re: Are You An Atheist Or Anti-christian?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
I believe in one universal indivisible God and creator. Who is responsible for both good and evil. The Christian ideology is bull crap...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To Masturbate Or Not To Masturbate / Meet Deeper Life First Female National Pastor (video) / Quotes And Lifestyle Of A Nigerian Pastor And That Of Mother Teresa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.