Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,036 members, 7,970,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:14 PM

How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? (3705 Views)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? / Where Can I Buy Original Spark Plug In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
My people, I changed my spark plugs due to a mechanic advice when my Corolla 2003 misfired, now I realized the NGK plugs I bought were fake cuz misfire problems are coming up again and it consumes my fuel alot,

Pls how can I know an original spark plugs to buy and how much

If u are selling one and u are sure is original, contact me urgently pls
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by ojun50(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2021
Following
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by yuping(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
one time me and bro buy plug tire for gen, na only God fit help about plug for this naija. Even the original na still fake.

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Minjim: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
These days, the only way to know original is when you've used it.
A spark plug in a generator is suppose to last at least 1 month of daily usage but after one week you have to heat it for the gen to start.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
izaac23:
My people, I changed my spark plugs due to a mechanic advice when my Corolla 2003 misfired, now I realized the NGK plugs I bought were fake cuz misfire problems are coming up again and it consumes my fuel alot,

Bros, are you sure the plug is the issue? When you scan your car you will surely know of the plugs are bad. It will bring codes like P0301.... p0304/P0306 for 4/6 cylinder engines respectively
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by jodeci(m): 5:39am On Dec 26, 2021
Dozieson:

Bros, are you sure the plug is the issue? When you scan your car you will surely know of the plugs are bad. It will bring codes like P0301.... p0304/P0306 for 4/6 cylinder engines respectively

Sometimes this codes are not thrown yet the engine will be misfiring.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
jodeci:

Sometimes this codes are not thrown yet the engine will be misfiring.

It has nothing to do with plug then
There are many reasons for misfiring engine

See link below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.repairsmith.com/i/blog/is-your-engine-misfiring-here-are-6-possible-causes/
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by sooperrescue(m): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
Every car has its own specific spark plugs. The era of tiny and big plug is over. Look out for the number or go to Amazon and you will get the correct number for your car. There are fakes in the market for the original plugs, so it is lose lose situation

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by sultaan(m): 1:08am On Dec 27, 2021
The correct spark plug is written on the emissions sticker on the inside of the bonnet near the latch
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2021
sultaan:
The correct spark plug is written on the emissions sticker on the inside of the bonnet near the latch

I will check now sir,
But getting the original one is tricky, because even the dealers can't tell the difference between the original and a fake

Someone here commented that he got a fake one from Amazon... Fear come catch me oo

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2021
izaac23:

I will check now sir,
But getting the original one is tricky, because even the dealers can't tell the difference between the original and a fake

Someone here commented that he got a fake one from Amazon... Fear come catch me oo

Guy most cars in Nigeria are using fake plugs and they are driving fine. I have never had any plug issue with my Camry cars after 9 years
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dozieson:

Guy most cars in Nigeria are using fake plugs and they are driving fine. I have never had any plug issue with my Camry cars after 9 years

I learnt that overtime, a fake plug can damage engine, that is why I need original sir
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by adubam(m): 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
izaac23:

I learnt that overtime, a fake plug can damage engine, that is why I need original sir

Amazon will never sell fake items. If they tell you that your corolla plugs can cost you 70k to bring down would you be ready to pay?

If you use the recommended plugs a v6 engine don't be surprised that you may even consume less fuel compare with a corolla with a fake plug.

The choice is now yours; buy original and never buy another plug still you get tired of your car or buy fake 2k and burn more fuel and damage your engine.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
izaac23:

It hardly happens.
I don't think it is the cause of your engine misfire.
My cars and most Nigerian cars engine would have easily gone for good.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
adubam:

Amazon will never sell fake items. If they tell you that your corolla plugs can cost you 70k to bring down would you be ready to pay?

If you use the recommended plugs a v6 engine don't be surprised that you may even consume less fuel compare with a corolla with a fake plug.

The choice is now yours; buy original and never buy another plug still you get tired of your car or buy fake 2k and burn more fuel and damage your engine.

This is rare bro
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 7:06am On Jan 03, 2022
Dozieson:

This is rare bro

I have gotten an Original NGK G-Power spark plugs at the cost of N8800 for the four, (i.e, N2200 each plug) and my engine fires very good now compared to earlier. Although my car plugs recommendation is Iridium spark plugs, but am done with plugs. Thanks my pple
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2022
izaac23:

I have gotten an Original NGK G-Power spark plugs at the cost of N8800 for the four, (i.e, N2200 each plug) and my engine fires very good now compared to earlier. Although my car plugs recommendation is Iridium spark plugs, but am done with plugs. Thanks my pple

New or tokunbo?
Can an original plug be so cheap as 2.2k?
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by adubam(m): 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
izaac23:

No original plugs would cost that cheap. Anyway good too know you've got what u wanted.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
adubam:

No original plugs would cost that cheap. Anyway good too know you've got what u wanted.

I researched deeply about signs to find in an original (NGK) plugs and how to spot a fake one for days, so when I told u I have found an original NGK G-Power spark plugs, u shud bliv me. The 4 cost me N8.8k, is that cheap considering that the fake goes for 3k the whole 4 plugs
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Praxtech: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
izaac23:
My people, I changed my spark plugs due to a mechanic advice when my Corolla 2003 misfired, now I realized the NGK pl.ugs I bought were fake cuz misfire problems are coming up again and it consumes my fuel alot,

Find radautworks here. She sells brand new parts with warranty.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
Praxtech:

Find radautworks here. She sells brand new parts with warranty.

Thank you
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Dozieson(m): 7:25am On Jan 04, 2022
I don't think his car problem is plug. He needs to scan and share codes
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Nafizzey(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
izaac23:

I researched deeply about signs to find in an original (NGK) plugs and how to spot a fake one for days, so when I told u I have found an original NGK G-Power spark plugs, u shud bliv me. The 4 cost me N8.8k, is that cheap considering that the fake goes for 3k the whole 4 plugs
Did the misfiring stop after you got this 8.8k Spark plug and what's the fuel consumption now compare to before.?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by DMechyy: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2022
Your cars problem is not spark plugs

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nafizzey:
Did the misfiring stop after you got this 8.8k Spark plug and what's the fuel consumption now compare to before.?

Yes, it stoped, thanks.
I will measure the fuel consumption on Saturday and feed u back when I fuel my car again.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by rapheal5(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
izaac23:

where in lagos did u buy spark plug and can u share the seller contact pls...
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
rapheal5:
where in lagos did u buy spark plug and can u share the seller contact pls...

It was not in Lagos I got it or anywhere near Lagos
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by rapheal5(m): 7:49am On Feb 27, 2022
izaac23:

so where did u get urs?
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by Peace4Naija: 1:56am On Jul 09, 2022
izaac23:

Please update us:

1. Is the car still firing good?
2. Can you please share the contact details of the vendor?

I need a set of 6 ASAP.

Thank you.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by sooperrescue(m): 3:37am On Jul 09, 2022
I will advise everyone to visit Mandilas in Ebute meta and Simpson Street. All the original plugs are there
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by izaac23(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Peace4Naija:

Please update us:

1. Is the car still firing good?
2. Can you please share the contact details of the vendor?

I need a set of 6 ASAP.

Thank you.

It is firing like a lion under my hood, no problem of spark plugs since then till date.

Go online read about the signs you will see to know a particular brand of plug you need to buy is original and follow it without letting yourself be told otherwise by these deceptive vendors.
Re: How Can I Know An Original Spark Plugs? by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2022
izaac23:

You can’t get genuine NGK, DENSO or Bosch plugs for less than 8k in today’s economy. Even since last year you can’t.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Price List Of Toyota Cars In Nigeria ( Caution: Better Sit Before You Read) / Toyota Siena Falls Off 3rd Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / HELP!HELP!HELP! How Do I Recover My Tinted Glass Permit Login Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.