Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,950 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences (732 Views)

Ladies Dating Quiet Men, Share Your Experiences / Tips For Selecting The Best Hotel At A Tourist Place Or Holiday Travels / Have You Ever Been Humiliated For Visiting Your Crush? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by Samson0303: 7:33am On Dec 27, 2021
Season's Greetings nairalanders, am thinking of visiting the Olumo rock as one of my Holiday Travels tours.

Pls those that have visited the Olumo Rock kindly share your experiences about the destination.

Like gate fee, attractions, process of gate pass and how to transport from Lagos to the place -directions and bus stops and others.

Kindly share experiences and educate me.
Re: I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by okoroemeka(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Samson0303:
Season's Greetings nairalanders, am thinking of visiting the Olumo rock as one of my Holiday Travels tours.

Pls those that have visited the Olumo Rock kindly share your experiences about the destination.

Like gate fee, attractions, process of gate pass and how to transport from Lagos to the place -directions and bus stops and others.

with the rate of ritualist killing in that area,I think you better go with 2-3 people in a group.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by Samson0303: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
with the rate of ritualist killing in that area,I think you better go with 2-3 people in a group.

Hmmm, am afraid already ...
Re: I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by SKhanmi: 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
Samson0303:

From Oshodi bus terminal, take bus or car to Abeokuta. Kuto Garage is the last bustop.

From Kuto, You can take taxis directly to Ikija(100-150) where Olumo is located. If you came on a market day, call Isapon first then take bike from Isapon to Ikija(100). Beware of those standby bikers and taxis at Kuto Garage, you will be extorted if they know you're a stranger. Call a moving taxi.

Entrance fee should be between 1k-2500, it's been a while I went there. Be wary of the guides, some are just locals trying to make a quick buck, price smartly. Your entrance fee doesn't cover the tour guide. You'll go around the museum first before climbing, souvenirs are available. The guide will either take you through the rocks or you follow the stairs, your choice. It's an enjoyable experience esp when the crowd isn't much. You can check out OOPL around nnpc before you go back.

Don't mind okoro, Media hype makes things look worse than the real situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Re: I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by Samson0303: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
SKhanmi:

From Oshodi bus terminal, take bus or car to Abeokuta. Kuto Garage is the last bustop.

From Kuto, You can take taxis directly to Ikija(100-150) where Olumo is located. If you came on a market day, call Isapon first then take bike from Isapon to Ikija(100). Beware of those standby bikers and taxis at Kuto Garage, you will be extorted if they know you're a stranger. Call a moving taxi.

Entrance fee should be between 1k-2500, it's been a while I went there. Be wary of the guides, some are just locals trying to make a quick buck, price smartly. Your entrance fee doesn't cover the tour guide. You'll go around the museum first before climbing, souvenirs are available. The guide will either take you through the rocks or you follow the stairs, your choice. It's an enjoyable experience esp when the crowd isn't much. You can check out OOPL around nnpc before you go back.

Don't mind okoro, Media hype makes things look worse than the real situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

But hope it won't be crowded this festive period?
Re: I Want To Visit Olumo Rock -My Holiday Travels -Share your Experiences by SKhanmi: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2021
Samson0303:

But hope it won't be crowded this festive period?
On a public holiday, definitely. The lower parts would be lively but the shocking crowd at the very top detracts from the experience, you might not even see where to sit.

(1) (Reply)

This Yoruba Actress Is The Most Bootylicious Actress In Nollywood (PHOTOS) / BREAKING:$3000 For Any Who Can Cure Bigcowhorn From Sisterfire's Obsessions!!! / If Your Girl Firend Dare Tell You "Be A Man Be A Man!."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.