Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,135 members, 7,977,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:04 AM

Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates (6016 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / Atiku's University (AUN) Feeds 270,000 Boko Haram Victims Daily - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

The sun is unbearable in Dubai too. grin
I have never been to Dubai but Yola is almost like fire. I guess people get used to it.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Aare1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
Sagamite:

The sun is unbearable in Dubai too. grin

Sagamite, yola is different ooo, its hot 24/7, Dubai dey cool for nite now. Cant wait to leave here sad
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
Hahahaha.

Make una post pix na. cheesy
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
angelz:

I cant say much until l know the basis for their sack from the oda side.
Humans can give noble reasons for the most henious crimes esp. when caught.
Mayb they deserve to be sacked, maybe not.
A typical Nigerian is selfish, not a typical American.
So,

angry angry angry angry angry angry

Illiterate
illiterate
Illiterate
uneducated
ignorant
self hater
lost
selfish
stoopid
butt ugly
nasty dentition
nasty breath
fat
hater
poor
broke
evil
eyes look like you about to puke
retard

those are your qualities

Damn!! You are such a loser, Same goes for every other persons who generalizes like you!!
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
luluosas:

I just emailed Abba Tahir, the Public Relations Director of AUN. Please, let's await his reactions on this matter.

?

But, a statement issued by the spokesman of the university, Mr. Abba Tahir, said the contract which six of the lecturers signed before taking responsibility in the school was not renewed, while 5 others were made redundant for reasons best known to the university.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Ayowumie(m): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
jerseyboy:

God bless them all. Yola is unlivable.
Error of judgement. I gues this is your first time of hearing abt Yola.
Learn more pls.

vitality22:

Not until I have a reliable story, i reserve my comments
There is no big deal about the story. A professor of mine was in AUN for 2 years. He was let go after d expiration of his contract in 2009. He got back to AUN in May this year.
The sacked lecturers are just making propaganda hoping for ASUU to come to their aides. What a useless thought.

otokx:

contract employees
Exactly. They are all visiting lecturers.

Gbenge 77:

Thats a  harsh move by the University authorities.
It is not too harsh considering that the affected lecturers knew of the University principle before joining.
My hypotheses is that: The lecturers were hoping that their contract might be renewed and subsequently become permanent staff until this happened.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by MeandSum: 12:57am On Jun 17, 2011
Sagamite:

What is a homophob (sic)?

Homophob:

Someone who persecute or pretend to be scared of homosexuals while at the same time being an homosexual (gay, lesbian, bisexual) themselves until they are outed by someone as being gay/lesbian.

some examples are:

Ted Haggard - Maga church pastor- Voted as one of the most influential pastor in the US by Time. He  blamed everything he saw on gays.  He was outed in 2007 as a guy himself.

Pastor Tom Brock of Minneapolis - You may remember him as the pastor who said  the high casualty and frequency of  tornado in the US is God's wrath against homosexuality,  He got outed as a guy few weeks after that and he has been begging God for forgiveness ever since.

U.S. Rep. Edward Schrock A staunch  anti gay republican - was outed for being guy himself.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 17, 2011
Ayowumie:

Error of judgement. I gues this is your first time of hearing abt Yola.
Learn more pls.

Served there for 1 year. Wonderful people.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2011
MeandSum:

Homophob:

Someone who persecute or pretend to be scared of homosexuals while at the same time being an homosexual (gay, lesbian, bisexual) themselves until they are outed by someone as being gay/lesbian.

some examples are:

Ted Haggard - Maga church pastor- Voted as one of the most influential pastor in the US by Time. He  blamed everything he saw on gays.  He was outed in 2007 as a guy himself.

Pastor Tom Brock of Minneapolis - You may remember him as the pastor who said  the high casualty and frequency of  tornado in the US is God's wrath against homosexuality,  He got outed as a guy few weeks after that and he has been begging God for forgiveness ever since.

U.S. Rep. Edward Schrock A staunch  anti gay republican - was outed for being guy himself.

Are you gay?
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by luluosas(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
No response from Abba Tahir yet, but, I am sure he will respond.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by MeandSum: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Are you gay?

Are you looking for a boyfriend or what?  grin grin grin

Though I sense sarcasm in your question, answer is No, I am not gay.
bottom line is this, it's none of our business whatever Ekwunife does with her sex life and we should discourage anyone trying to make this an issue.
sleekman I can also provide links to video of you doing the same thing with an animal. The burden would be on you to prove my video is fake.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
MeandSum:

Are you looking for a boyfriend or what?  grin grin grin

Though I sense sarcasm in your question, answer is No, I am not man-lover.
bottom line is this, it's none of our business whatever Ekwunife does with her sex life and we should discourage anyone trying to make this an issue.
sleekman I can also provide links to video of you doing the same thing with an animal. The burden would be on you to prove my video is fake.

I agree he has no fffing business what she is doing in her personal life, that was my initial thoughts when I saw him posting the daft link. I just thought your emotional and libelous reaction was too strong and personal and might be spurred by more than principles.
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by rumomonga(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ Sagamite, i respect your way of handling issues, i find it a bit difficult to believe u r a nigerian. Are u 4rm sagamu? (Jst asking)
As 4 whether Yola is or not, Yola is bl£€ping hot bt the good thing about it is that it is a virgin land with stagnant milk and honey waiting to be fetched
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2011
rumomonga:

@ Sagamite, i respect your way of handling issues, i find it a bit difficult to believe u r a nigerian. Are u 4rm sagamu? (Jst asking)
As 4 whether Yola is or not, Yola is bl£€ping hot bt the good thing about it is that it is a virgin land with stagnant milk and honey waiting to be fetched

Thanks.

I am from Sagamu. A real son of Orisagamu Ewa.

I am Nigerian but maybe with some kind of German blood I am not aware of flowing in my veins. Meaning, unlike the average Nigerian, I am more efficient and seek being the best I can be like the Germans like to be. Unbarmherzig leistungsfahig und intelligent!

I don't think and operate like the average Nigerian. I am a specially gifted Nigerian. One with higher level thinking and pride in anything that is attributed to him.

If more Nigerians are like me or given position to run things in Nigeria, it will a fcking great place to live on aggregate.

That is just my most humbliest opinion, on another day I can be arrogant and start blowing my own trumpet. grin
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by rumomonga(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Thanks.

I am from Sagamu. A real son of Orisagamu Ewa.

I am Nigerian but maybe with some kind of German blood I am not aware of flowing in my veins. Meaning, unlike the average Nigerian, I am more efficient and seek being the best I can be like the Germans like to be. Unbarmherzig leistungsfahig und intelligent!

I don't think and operate like the average Nigerian. I am a specially gifted Nigerian. One with higher level thinking and pride in anything that is attributed to him.

If more Nigerians are like me or given position to run things in Nigeria, it will a fcking great place to live on aggregate.

That is just my most humbliest opinion, on another day I can be arrogant and start blowing my own trumpet. grin
wow thats great, that means we have town in common.
ORISAGAMU A GBE WA OH!
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2011
rumomonga:

wow thats great, that means we have town in common.
ORISAGAMU A GBE WA OH!

Good stuff! cheesy
Re: Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
Here is the official response from AUN. I hope all doubting Thomas will now rest.

AUN is Most Culturally Diverse University -- Tahir

Despite uncharitable media reports linked to disengaging contract teaching staff, the American University of Nigeria, has reaffirmed belief in cultural diversity as a prized tool for realizing the pan-African dream of its founders.

It said in a statement yesterday that the University had put so much into cross-cultural training that it would not compromise the diversity of its peoples. “We’re proud to be the most culturally diverse university community in Nigeria, if not on the continent,” AUN said in a statement signed by the Assistant Vice-President for PR & Communications, Abba Tahir.

He was responding to insinuations in some media that non-renewal of some contract employments in the University disfavors some Nigerians. He said those affected are less than a dozen and they hail from across the length and breadth of Nigeria and Africa.

“It’s unfortunate the media have blown the development out of proportion as though determination of contracts were not routine in AUN,” said Mr Tahir.

He recalled that the AUN President, Dr Margee Ensign, with several years of cross-cultural experience in Africa, once hired a consultant to offer cross-cultural training on campus. This consultant, a globally distinguished Professor Emeritus from the United States, spent 10 days on campus mixing with students, faculty and staff, weighing the successes and challenges of cross-cultural relations among the broad spectrum of the University community, Mr Tahir said.

He quoted Dr Ensign as saying on that occasion, “We need to find a middle ground on how we can live across disciplines to teach and work together in a secure and mutually inclusive environment.” You can see we have come a long way in building up our diversity into a position of strength, Mr. Tahir said. 

The recent terminations actually followed an established pattern of engagement, retention and release at the American University of Nigeria.  Even the job of the AUN President is based on a contract that can either be renewed or terminated. The University does not engage professors on permanent and pensionable appointment as it happens in typical Nigerian universities.   

AUN has nearly 1,500 students and 100 professors. These students represent the United States, Europe, Africa and all the states of Nigeria. Professors at AUN are equally drawn from all regions of the world with majority being Nigerian. “With this global diversity of faculty, staff and student body, the University cannot afford to offend the sensibility of any group based on gender, race, nationality or belief,” concluded Mr. Tahir.

Source: Weekly Enews Magazine of AUN (AUNTHISWEEK 20th - 26th June, 2011).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock As PDP Races To 7% Lead / BREAKING: Saraki Returns To PDP, Meet Jonathan, PDP Caucus In Abuja / Muhammed Abubakar Distributes 200 Tricycles To IDPs In Bauchi(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.