Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:48 AM

19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) (42230 Views)

NSCDC Officer, NYSC Member Trade Blows over Food at FCTA Event / My Wife Slaps & Beats Me Whenever We Quarrel, Denies Me Sex. I'm Fed Up! / My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by sonofElElyon: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2021
Batam:

Were you present when he was beating them?
In Yoruba culture, if you block an elderly from beating you, you have already beaten that elder so the case of the uncles.
There is no doubt, the boy is stubborn and this may due to his upbringing which may be the fault of the mothers overpampering him from infant

The issue is people have alleged that he beat his grandmother and uncles.. who has said that his grandmother got injured while trying to best him Only you who is just guessing !
You can't sit in your house and create scenarios through your fertile imagination..
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by wisemum: 2:32am On Dec 29, 2021
The boy most likely has mental health challenges. He may be ill and doesn't know it. He needs to be helped before he does something that will be a permanent damage like killing. He is not in his right senses but he needs to be helped. Especially if everyone is afraid of him, he is a candidate for mental health evaluation.
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by 9gerian: 7:20am On Dec 29, 2021
Okay. Your observations are noted.

Now please describe your tribe with full details, and compare them to the Yorubas for emphasis. Make sure you tell us how this has impacted your larger society and how there is law and order with the youths always deferring to their elders when there is a conflict etc etc

And please try to be factual so that others can at least corroborate your assertions.

Thank you.

PS
When they say Yorubas are respectful, it goes beyond random cases of dissidents here and there. It is societal/community thing that bothers on the general well being of the people culturally, and developmentally. It has some downsides, but the upsides are just too much to overlook.

LINTUNE:
See eh, as a Lagos boy, one thing I can tell u about the yorubas is that they are so hypocritical...see eh, forget all those their forms of greetings o( postrating and bowing), and show of fake respect..an average Yoruba guy is terribly arrogant...na only person wet never de with them go de believe say them get respect true true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by lexy2014: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2021
Justkatty:
Are you sure she did?
Or she hasn't gotten her own share of the beating before? For she to watch her son beat her mother and didn't do anything,
Hmmm I guess something is wrong somewhere.

Yes am sure. The boy didn't just become violent and unruly in one day. They all watched him grow up with his bad behavior and they did nothing to correct him when they should have. And I believe the mum is number 1 culprit. Now he has become too big to control or stop. Like burn boy said, "the monster they made"
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by lexy2014: 8:13am On Dec 29, 2021
wisemum:
The boy most likely has mental health challenges. He may be ill and doesn't know it. He needs to be helped before he does something that will be a permanent damage like killing. He is not in his right senses but he needs to be helped. Especially if everyone is afraid of him, he is a candidate for mental health evaluation.

He doesn't have any mental issues. He was spoiled by his mum. They allowed him to grow up like this. They were too cautious to punish him as a child. Now he is bigger than them

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by vannessa7(f): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2021
Emmypure:
They were on the other thread boasting of being the tribe that respects their elders most.
Now all of them has now run away from this thread.

No, we did not run away, out of every 12 there must always be a Judas, it's still a no contest that Yoruba race is still the most respectful in nigeria, and that boys surname Bassey also prove he is not Yoruba, maybe the mother is, Yoruba don't bear Bassey.

1 Like

Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by BigDick70inch(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
nnamdi640:
I serve and was brought up in Lagos and I see how your people disrespect elders, most especially the so called youths from your tribe. All what you are saying is full of lies just like the way most of your films portray Igbos as bad people forgetting that you guys are worst. You will never see Igbo film destroying other tribes image but you guys are fond of that, it simple mean that most of you guys are wicked and heartless for doing such.

Mechionu gi there!!!

Your elder loves it each time I bow while greeting them and most time cautioned their young ones a million time bout being respectful.......
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by nnamdi640: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
BigDick70inch:

Mechionu gi there!!!

Your elder loves it each time I bow while greeting them and most time cautioned their young ones a million time bout being respectful.......
Story. Of what use to bow down to greet and later stand up to slap the elder. Respect goes beyond bowing down to greet and that is where you guys from south-west get it wrong. I know tribes from other countries that don't bow down to greet their elders but are classified as countries where elders are respected and appreciated not this hypocrites you guys do here.
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by Segetee007(m): 6:42am On Dec 30, 2021
Wonder why the surname Bassey was forgotten in his name
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by okongo(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2021
It is so unfortunate that the story is true and I know the persons involved.
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by GeezEntertain(f): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
This story is not true, I know this boy very well and his family. His mother has been bed ridden for years, if I'm not mistaken 15 years plus... The families have neglected this woman since the illness tied her down, this boy and his mother needs help, the boy has suffered so much taking care of his mother alone, His grandmother, that is his moms mother has neglected her daughter for years, not caring how they feed. Please help this boy and his Mother. I can send you videos of what his mother looks like so you'll know that I'm telling you the absolute truth... This boy has boh has gone through a lot and nobody has been helping them. His grandmother and her children just wants to ruin him for nothing... It was his uncle that put up this story cos they're hell bent in destroying him... Nairalanderz Please help this boy
Re: 19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) by GeezEntertain(f): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
i will send you videos of his mother in her current state as well as the picture of the shop they live in.. I wish I had the resources to care for this people. But i believe you can help them please.

Please help Tolu and his Mom

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Prepares To Marry Triplets (Video, Photos) / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.