Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years (1146 Views)

I Hope I Will Make It Past January 1st / Dear Men, Please Do Not Make This Terrible Mistake In Your Relationships (photo) / Girls Above 30 Years Are Good In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 10:14am On Dec 28, 2021
The world we live in now is so polluted that any one birthed in this epoch, will only bring misery to their family. I have tried to control myself but it's not working. I am fluent in speech, compassionate to an extent and diligent. However, my adverse behaviour envelopes whatever good is in me. So also it is for other youths of today, wasting away at their parents house, in jail or in the grave. Do serious thanksgiving if one or two children turn out good from the lot. Below are some of the factors affecting our generation.....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2021
(1) western influence

Gone are the times when children remain naive and innocent till a certain age before they become exposed to some certain habits. Now, as early as 13 years, boys and girls long to belong to the 'big boys league'. Exposure to explicit acts on TV has not been to our adventure. Young girls now patronise men at a teenage age in order to get expensive things those from rich homes have. Unwanted pregnancy comes as a result. Some of which leads to ladies death while aborting or damaged womb. Some are victims of ritualists. The guys are not left out. We are mainly on the receiving end. Peer pressure and the need to impress make us engage in many vices. Some lands us in jail or lynching.hard drugs, pilfering, gambling, alcoholism, smoking, cultism, philandering etc are the myriad of habits that lead men to their Waterloo.

I'm currently 29, approaching 30 years. How I have managed to survive thus far has been a miracle. My undoing has been bet9ja Virtual. I won't lie, I lost 4400 naira yesterday (part of which is for a customer). Since 2015. Without exaggerating, I may have lost up to five million since then. Jeopardising my education and trust people had on me in the process. I keep running from state to state to avoid arrest or torture. I currently owe roughly 525,000 to past and current employers/debtors (excluding 250,000 naira loan of CBN last year)
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2021
(2) Greed

As we watch the flamboyant lifestyle of celebrities, we become tempted to make it quick. I remember when I was just 16, as a young teacher, 6000 naira was enough to take care of myself then in 2008. Now, exposed to gambling and the possibility of making it quick, nothing is ever enough again. Assiduousness is being sacrificed for mediocrity and mischief for quick money. Assuming I even use whatever I make to eat, fvck girls and buy clothes, it would have been good. Unfortunately, I blow all on bet9ja Virtual. After contribution from my ex classmates, I was able to go back to the university and completed my education in 2019 with a 2.1. August this year, thanks to my dad,I secured a marketing job with a first generation bank. I earn 45,000 naira (yet not satisfied). My dad and mum pleaded when I started to let go of the past and manage with my present pay. Oh! Had I listened! Now, I have piled up more debts at my new location. More than half of my salary monthly is being used to pay up debts at my present location where I owe roughly 400k (to customers who trusted me with their money and online loan apps). From time to time, I think of beating the camera and security system to steal from the bank. Only God knows what the outcome will be when caught
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2021
(3) The Economy

The government and the determinants of market price have not helped matters. First, I will start with the government. There is no enabling environment for business to thrive. Insecurity, rising price of fuel, unemployment and poverty is the order of the day. There is insensitivity of the government to the plight of the masses. My mum retired since 2016, no pension or gratuity. She had been the backbone of the family before her retirement. Then we used to eat to our satisfaction, lived in a flat and attended the best schools. Going from 'grace to grass' has not been easy. It's not easy to adjust, having it all in the past.

Then, crisis in some parts of the country and uncontrolled market forces, lead to rising cost of food and feeding in general. 500 naira that would have fed me in a day, is no longer enough for just breakfast. How will people not be tempted to engage in nefarious means to take care of themselves and their family? God save our souls. Marriage and a happy ending is no longer the goal for me, but to keep surviving each day as it comes
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by Cerebellum: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2021
Uhmm

The truth OP, the world is changed from the good to bad
Look at how people now behave non-chalantly.
I just weep for the coming generation, vices have destroyed the world.
From drugs, fraud, holoshoism, etc
Little girls now do hookup, how will those cater for their kids when they give birth
Yahoo is the order of the day too.

The world is doomed!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by BlackfireX: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2021
Opposite or adjacent of pastor Righteousness

Many are mad..few are on nairaland

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cerebellum:
Uhmm

The truth OP, the world is changed from the good to bad
Look at how people now behave non-chalantly.
I just weep for the coming generation, vices have destroyed the world.
From drugs, fraud, holoshoism, etc
Little girls now do hookup, how will those cater for their kids when they give birth
Yahoo is the other of the day too.

The world is doomed!
hmm. I miss being young, free and innocent

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
BlackfireX:
Opposite or adjacent of pastor Righteousness

Many are mad..few are on nairaland
it's my reality. I just chose to be vocal About it. Many pass through the same fate

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by ChildOfDoom: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
No way one can relocate without finding a bet9ja shop there. They have proliferated in the country. What I need is self-discipline. I even go to a bet shop to charge without distraction of looking at the screen.

Day seven of the year, still clean. How I wish gambling addicts like me can join me to create a WhatsApp group where we can encourage ourselves
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
ChildOfDoom:
No way one can relocate without finding a bet9ja shop there. They have proliferated in the country. What I need is self-discipline. I even go to a bet shop to charge without distraction of looking at the screen.

Day seven of the year, still clean. How I wish gambling addicts like me can join me to create a WhatsApp group where we can encourage ourselves

They're groups like that on telegram, facebook,quora and reddit

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by perverted365(f): 2:28am On Mar 28, 2022
How are you doing?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Your Children May Not Make It Past 30 Years by brosom(m): 3:10am On Mar 28, 2022
Senomi:

They're groups like that on telegram, facebook,quora and reddit
abeg link me to those groups, need it.

(1) (Reply)

How Relevant Is Honeymoon After Weddings In This Age And Time? / This Is What I Don't Understand About These Women... / Am I A Weakling? They Keep Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.