Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,430 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? (3911 Views)

2023: Christians Have Nothing To Fear About APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Keyamo / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria / Obasanjo Tipped David Umahi As Next Igbo President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by Babssoo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
Enyimbafc:
OTONDO,IDIOT BOKO HARAM AND FULANI TERRORISTS HAVE BEEN KILLING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE,BUT U AND UR FELLOW WORTHLESS PEOPLE
FOR THEM.JUST SAY U AND OTHER USELESS LAZY NIGERIANS ARE ENVIOUS OF IGBO.U IGBO HATEERS WILL ALL PERISH IN UR HATRED,BECAUSE WHOM GOD HAS BLESS NO MAN CAN CURSE.
another one ...infact ehn come 2023 na igbo president for sure

2 Likes

Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
blaqoracle:
NAIRA SIMPLY MEANS Never Allow Igbo Rule Again.

Chai! Awolowo was a genius, the man never ceases to amaze me! The more I learn about him the more I’m like woah!

Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by Minjim: 8:57am On Dec 31, 2021
SenatePresdo:

PDP will field an Igbo man if APC fields an Igbo man.

I know its all politics. No party wants to lose even before contesting.
If Apc tries that, that means Pdp has won.

Voting an igbo candidate in the North right now is not a popular opinion.
Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by SenatePresdo(m): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2021
Minjim:

If Apc tries that, that means Pdp has won.

Voting an igbo candidate in the North right now is not a popular opinion.

This is the best time for APC to Bury PDP forever.

PDP Strong hold is SS/SE. And if they lose their votes, they can't win presidential Election.

Assuming the APC fields an Igbo man, PDP would go into oblivion.

Because the North can not be as loyal as the Igbos are to PDP.
Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by Minjim: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Northerners only vote along ethnic, religion and party line and right now, an igbo candidate is not sellable in the North thanks to Igbos .
A Westerner will appeal to the North and the West. That's enough to win the election.
The North doesn't have any issue voting a Yoruba. They've done it several times .

SenatePresdo:

This is the best time for APC to Bury PDP forever.

PDP Strong hold is SS/SE. And if they lose their votes, they can't win presidential Election.

Assuming the APC fields an Igbo man, PDP would go into oblivion.

Because the North can not be as loyal as the Igbos are to PDP.
Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2021
Minjim:

Northerners only vote along ethnic, religion and party line and right now, an igbo candidate is not sellable in the North thanks to Igbos .
A Westerner will appeal to the North and the West. That's enough to win the election.
The North doesn't have any issue voting a Yoruba. They've done it several times .

Assuming APC fields a Westerner, and PDP fields a Northerner, do you think APC will win in the North?

I'm certain they won't win the South, assuming PDP cedes it DP to SS/SE.
Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by Minjim: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2021
SenatePresdo:

Assuming APC fields a Westerner, and PDP fields a Northerner, do you think APC will win in the North?

I'm certain they won't win the South, assuming PDP cedes it DP to SS/SE.

If Apc fields a Yoruba, they will win the North. Someone like Tinubu will win the North. But I don't want his candidacy.
We do not have good options right now so I'll go with Osinbajo.

Most people in the North appreciate the role the west played in Buhari's emergence and they know they've had their turn in Apc.
I know they will vote either Tinubu or Osinbajo. If Apc win majority of the North and South West, all it needs is a little from other regions which they will get. Remember Apc is strong in SS and even SE

You have to forget about an Igbo man being president in 2023. The East started late. That process ought to start in 2014.

Who from the North will Pdp field that stand the popularity of Tinubu or Osinbajo
Re: What Is This Fear About An Igbo President? by SenatePresdo(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
Minjim:

If Apc fields a Yoruba, they will win the North. Someone like Tinubu will win the North. But I don't want his candidacy.
We do not have good options right now so I'll go with Osinbajo.

Most people in the North appreciate the role the west played in Buhari's emergence and they know they've had their turn in Apc.
I know they will vote either Tinubu or Osinbajo. If Apc win majority of the North and South West, all it needs is a little from other regions which they will get. Remember Apc is strong in SS and even SE

You have to forget about an Igbo man being president in 2023. The East started late. That process ought to start in 2014.

Who from the North will Pdp field that stand the popularity of Tinubu or Osinbajo

Well, I know whoever Buhari supports will emerge as the next President.

Our permutations and combination doesn't really matter.

The majority of Igbos have long abandoned the political Race of Nigeria.

Whoever emerges president, it won't change much.

The North has Buhari, yet insecurity hunts them.

So at this point, I don't really care who emerges as the next president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIN Record Not Found !!!! / Afenifere Writes Ogun APC, Denies Issuing Any Statement To Support Gbenga Daniel / Jonathan Can't Be Acting President - High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.