Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,867 members, 7,942,166 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister (18902 Views)

Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) / Residents Loot Next Cash & Carry, As The Store Burns (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Skoopy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nothing commendable about this gesture...

This is a multi billion naira business which can be compared to the likes of ShopRite, SPA etc, such establishments don't need a special tutorial on the need to have a comprehensive insurance cover, over it's businesses.

If no insurance is available, they should bear their loss, tax payers money should be put to better use.

1 Like

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Abujason: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:
I hope those that perceive everything as an attack on their tribe can now rest with their conspiracy theories.

People like you are the ones that think like that. That is the reason your only contribution to this noble act is to find a way to inject tribalism into this minister’s pledge.

2 Likes

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Sheriman:
Does NIGERIA even has some reputable insurance companies?? They already die off due to harsh changes in government policies and regulations

We do.

The problem is, Nigerians don't patronize them enough

Like now, many Nigerians who own businesses don't insure them . Many Nigerians don't insure their homes too if they own then.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by AsawanaDgreat: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
I pray they do as promised
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Bluntemperor: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
audio pledge

Is this all you can reason out, for at least,give the Minister the benefit of doubt!
It's not every govt activities and actions you consider illogical, sometimes,a little persuation will do.
FCT-Minister,please you do well,you are welcome Sir.
Nigerians will be grateful,if quickly you do as pledged.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Charmingrascal(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Abujason:

People like you are the ones that think like that. That is the reason your only contribution to this noble act is to find a way to inject tribalism into this minister’s pledge.

I am sure you are not blind and you saw it on social media even on Nairaland how some people from a particular region have been saying that the supermarket was purposely burnt by their 'enemies'.

1 Like

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Sholaco: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
Has the same government help themselves
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by mfm04622: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Which kind of nonsense is this? Is the business not insured? If it not insured. Why should our taxes be used to support him?
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by GboyegaD(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
How is it government's business? Companies should be taught how to ensure they have insurance to cover for situations like this.

2 Likes

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good from the government!

Please I need someone who can help me to bounce back in building material business, please my people. I need to be back in business.

Please Anambra state is my base.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by henryobinna(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
Sunday2021:
insurance company should be able to take care of that, not government. Who knows maybe he doesn't even insure the company, because in Nigeria big Man is allowed to do anything he likes. I believe if something like this happens to his company in London, UK will not be talking of how to help him,his insurance company will do the needful.
the truth is governments always offer financial assistance to businesses that had issues in virtually every country, while I can't specifically speak of the Uk as I don't know much about their politics and all but I am sure of the US.

Governments do this all the time.

Furthermore, the fact a business is insured doesn't mean insurance companies would run to cover every single damage, most times if the damage was deliberate or out of carelessness nothing for you. Even when it isn't, many insurance companyonly cover a small percentage of the damage. Unless you're not aware how these things work.

As you said he is a billionaire, it's an indication he can probably survive without this business should the business fold but what about the numerous staffs working there? How long before they get another job? Those are things the government consider. Because of he decides he's done with the business and folds he'll probably continue living okay or would just channel is money to a different business.

With the government offering to help restore to business, he won't want to do that and would mean he implicitly 'owes' the government and has to ensure the business runs and maintain the staff and other economic support it provides to the city.

2 Likes

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by house10s: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
lol believe @ yr own peri
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by sniperr007(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ebubu:
Highly commendable

Rubbish

Make them no help am
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Dshocker(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Sunday2021:
Poor people that need your help you are not saying anything ,rather you are talking about helping a well known thief to bounce back?
This Minister is a fool! Mr Peter obi is already a billionaire thanks to all the money he stole using crook methods when he was governor (obi-pandora), now you are talking of using our money to help him? How many times did the foolish minister help the poor people in FCT? Some people are looking for ordinary 2 million loan to start a business but no help coming from the minister now he is talking about helping a man than don't need any help.

But Mr Obi has become a billionaire before he ventured into politics

2 Likes

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by zoedew: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ebubu:
Highly commendable
That there was no fire engine in place in good time to put out the fire.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by victorazy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ebubu:
Highly commendable

You believed that?
They should first help common man on street.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by pearlyboo(f): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wont you help prince ebeano supermarket too?
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by EgunMogaji2: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
Complete nonsense and waste of taxpayers money.

2 Likes

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
At least 1,000 jobs lost.

If Ebeano arson was not caught on CCTV, it would have been deemed act of God, one ode Ahnie said it was act of God for a mall 5 tines larger than Ebeano to burn to ashes.

I think I agree with her since the CCTV gadgets got burnt along.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by kenex4ever(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nice gesture from the minister.

Politics above tribal sentiments.

Peter Obi is a good man and the minister seems to be one too by this singular act.

1 Like

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by wazzub: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Audio promise

He is yet to assist the car dealer in Apo whose cars valued at N80m were destroyed by hired hoodlums during the End Sars riot after grandstanding publicly in November, 2020 to score cheap political point neither has he rebuilt the Customary Court after Dutse he equally publicly pledged to rebuild and compensate the Judges and staff that lost their personal effects including vehicles...clown

1 Like

Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by moshino(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:
I hope those that perceive everything as an attack on their tribe can now rest with their conspiracy theories.

You're the first person to inject tribe into this thread. How do you feel about that?
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Bizibi(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
Conrod:
STORY,...govt that hasn't paid its own workers and pensioners ?.
I nor wan talk.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by xelly: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
It surprises me that the minister of communication - Isa Pantami will cry over the fire incident in Next Cash & Carry Supermarket but he has never cried over the killings & raping going on in the North.

I am 101% sure you did not read the writeup. Go back and read it slowly, then fast, again faster then come back and read it again before you make comment.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Terrence99: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
audio pledge

Dummy
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by Terrence99: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
It surprises me that the minister of communication - Isa Pantami will cry over the fire incident in Next Cash & Carry Supermarket but he has never cried over the killings & raping going on in the North.

Pantami is not mentioned in the article.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by xelly: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:

What if you ignore them? Will I know that such thing happened? Sometimes we promote evil indirectly.

I hope you know that you are not different from those that think in that direction?

Was that perception expressed here? why lift it to this noble act?

Change and let go of tribalism this 2021.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by hollywater: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:

No we will never rest. This an attack to weaken Obi's ambition come 2023.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by israelmao(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
Please don't rely on this false hope.God will make a way for you.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by OgatheTop: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Stupid comment.
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by addexx: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
A
U
D
I
O
cheesy.
B O U N C E B A C K grin
Re: Government Will Help Next Cash & Carry Supermarket Bounce Back Stronger–Minister by staga: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
Just tell us you will give a contract to Peter Obi to recover his loss. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Controls 21% Of Lagos Economy Yet He Never Claims To Develop Lagos- Reno / Scam Alert:: E-commerce-ng.com Is A Ponzi.. Do Not Invest. Photo / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.