Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,610 members, 7,934,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Is A Domiciliary Account? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is A Domiciliary Account? (91949 Views)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? / How To Open A Domiciliary Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2007
could someone tell me
what you could do with a domicilliary account
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by ajayi1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
It is an account for internation trasaction. asing when they wired money from intertion country you receive you money in their currency i.e Dollar, Pound,
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by nextday: 1:11am On Mar 19, 2008
Hello Mate,
Good day. Plz am interested in learning forex trade. I need a good trainer and a good trader to put me through.My private box is babtsuccess@yahoo.com
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by jimmyjam: 2:24am On Mar 27, 2008
GT bank and its sister bank skye bank are not the best for dom account keeping the best is zenith, access or Equitorial Trust Bank (mike adenugas bank) I say this because:

Skye bank charges 1% on withdrawals from your account which is not practiced in any other bank, also GT banks website has links that dont work i,e useless website.

Equitorial trust bank is the first in nigeria to have a fully functional online banking system that allows you to tranfer from your account to another account in another bank in nigeria the rest of the banks are either yet to sign up for the interswitch system that allows that or are control freaks who do not want you controlling your own money!
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Eeyore(m): 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
If we are talking "customer-service", I would understand it when most people go for GTBank. But if the indice is "domicilliary account", well, i don't know about GTBank being the best. Best in what? In their Turn Around Time in fx remittance or in their charges?

I love the "orange rules", but it's going to be hard giving them top marks here. FCMB, for one, has fx concessions for some of their market locations, that will not be easy to beat. They can charge as low as 0.5% for transfers as opposed to the standard 1% charged by most banks. And believe or not, you can deposit $50k and get it wired or remitted abroad, all on the same day. I work there, so I should know.

And if your account officer really wants to "woah" you, you can confirm the transfer with the beneficiary in 48 hours or less.

Now, who can beat that?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by cessienboy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
Please can I use to send money to Malaysia.I have been to many banks including GTB but their answers were not sastisfactory.Most of them can only transfer to USA UK and south africa.

Please let me know of any banks that can send money to Malaysia
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by recruiter1: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2008
hey all, i really like GTBank. I strongly believe they're the Naija bank of the future especially for the young upwardly mobile Nigerian. However, when it comes to International transfers and domiciliary accounts i know what my Bank offers is far better than all that i've heard here.

In my bank if you open an account, you'll automatically get Naira, dollar, pound and euro sections for the account. This means that at no extra cost you can fund your accounts in each of these currencies and send money in all four currencies. This means that automatically all accounts are domiciliary accounts.

To wire money is as simple as ABC. You can wire money to ANYWHERE in the WORLD. I repeat ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD and the money will get there in 24hours! UK, USA, SA, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, anywhere!

And your money will get there in 24hrs, it's not about your relationship manager trying to impress you it's about that being the standard!
Send money today and it should get there tomorrow.

You can fund your account today and wire out money immediately! There was a $10k restriction from CBN before, but now you can wire as much as you can (however we'll need to know what u do sha oooo, before EFCC shuts us down wink)

Lastly about the fees, I believe it's still the best compared to what's here. The charges on a transfer are about a $30 flat fee and 0.005 of the amount you're transferring. Is that competitive or what? grin

So cessienboy go ahead and call me up on 08034032257 and we'll discuss how to wire your money to Malaysia. Depending on how keen you are to do it, w can sort it out tomorrow even. All you need to open the account are the ffg:

Source of ID (ie Intl passport, driver's license, national ID)
Source of Income document
Address verification document (ie utility bill)
a passport photo

By the way, i don't think i mentioned my bank's name. My apologies.

It's STANDARD CHARTERED BANK

So if you require a means of wiring money outside Nigeria regularly in 24hours at low cost, then you should be calling my phone right now. I repeat the number is 08034032257.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by crazylegs(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2008
@recruiter1
How far. Just want to get a few things straight
1. By 0.005 do you mean 0.5% on transfer amount.
2. Is there a minimum opening balance amount?
3. Do you guys have branches everywhere? Not everyone lives in Lagos oh!
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by temy1: 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2008
Think GTB is the best bank when it comes to dom account.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by recruiter1: 9:44am On Mar 29, 2008
In response to crazy legs'questions

The commission is 0.5% of what ur sending. So tell me if you know anyone that can beat that!

Yep, we've got minimum opening balances but depending on what you wanna use the account for all that can be negotiated. So don't worry much about it.

We've got branches outside Lagos as well. So let me know where u r and i'll hook you up. furthermore, who says you can't live somewhere else an still arrange your transfers over the internet. We've got Nigerians resident outside the country who operate accounts with us. So don't sweat it. Just holler at a brother and i'll hook u up. My number again is 08034032257!
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by goldenceo(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hi friends,

I have read a lot of things above and I am afraid to
say most of them are merely crap.

Here is a powerful information below from an expert.

Follow it and get your dormicilary account opened
easily.

============================================
Many of you have complained about not being able to open
a domicilliary account(and this is needed to cash your Google
Adsense checks).Now,it's pretty easy.I have a dorm account
with GTBank,so,that's the only bank I can authoritatively talk
about.But,some of my students have talked about successfully
opening dorm accounts with FCMB,UBA and First Bank,so,you
may want to try them.

As per GTBank,the fastest way to go about this is to open a
current account with N5000.They will request for the following:

*your National ID card,Passport or Driver's License
*current NEPA bill,you can get this from your landlord
*1 picture
*2 referees who have current account in any Nigerian bank
*as well as N5k minimum

Once you successfully open the current account,just ask
them for the forms to open a dorm account.Remember to
choose all denominations,not just dollars.You don't want
to limit yourself,do you?

In the past,it was difficult to get an individual dorm account.
Not so anymore.Just go out there and get yourself a dorm
account to assist your online ventures.

All the best.
By Iyabo Oyawale.

Reply if you found this post useful.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by cessienboy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
Do I need to own an account with standard chattered bank.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by recruiter1: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2008
not sure what u meant cessienboy. Are you asking if you need to have an account to send wires through the bank? If so then the answer is yes. To send and receive wires you do it through your account. IT's fast, cheap and most definitely reliable
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by lambert: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2008
I highly recommend GTB .
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by sparta300(m): 7:09am On Dec 14, 2008
@Babakenny,

So far from what i have understood is that you wish to trade forex and transfer funds into your account. I would advise you (if i am in any position) to bank with GTB. Why? beacuse they offer a 24/7 online banking, therefore making it easier for you to transfer funds in and out without going through the rassel of going to the bank, but you will need 2 refs.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by epayguru(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
Domiciliary account are:
mostly conditions as follows
1. A current account with the bank;
2. operated the account for 3- 6 months
3.at least $100 or more as minimum deposit confirm from GTB PLC
That is all. It is very simple.

Other banks have different rules, but I opened my domi account for $100 Gtb
be sure you tick all the major currency. ie £, $ etc when opening an account.
and more to assistS you on forex market tips we can help you get a free millionaires cards send to your doorstep for free 100% free, no dime deposit, no courier charge, zero risk from us financial figure : us first bank (registered fdic member) to your hands, Trades forex and cash your money from zenith bank atms directs to your saving account no more stress of current and "DOMICILIARY"? accounts for more details on how makes global banking alot more easy sms us @ +2348060976647.wishing all the best!
See you at top,
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Goodness07: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2009
There is no limit to the amount. So long as you can pay d charges involved
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Irelander: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2009
Guys just a quick question. if you have a GTB account in UK, can you lodged money(GB pounds) into it from GTB bank in Nigeria? An urgent response is required . thanks
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by deebrain(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
If you do not have an international passport can you use the Nigerian Identity Card to open the domi. account anyway?

Please reply.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by transitbiz(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2009
in regard to the limit you can pay or withdraw all bank have different guide pls consult your bank before open dom a/c
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by pcwizard: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2009
thats cool
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Dergi: 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2009
what is the maximum amount you can transfer to a domiciliary account?.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by KMSanaq(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2009
Domiciliary Account[/color] is an account that enable you to send and withdraw money in business transaction especially when it involves foreign account transaction. More details can be read @ this link: www.kmtc.ueuo.com
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by benakpan: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
i've taken time to go through the whole questions and the responses given.
i actually don't work with GTB but i bank with them and i've helped couple
of friends open dom account with GTB.
to open a dom account, you need d following:
1) current account with the bank(if you don't have one you can open both account at the same time)
and their requirement for current account are:
1) one pass port photo
2) utility bill(3 months)
3) two ref, better if they are banking with GTB
4) your drivers lic or nat id
5) fill their forms
plz note that the same requirement applys to dom account opening and like i said
you can open the two accounts are the same time.
well about how much u did to deposit, its differs with GTB branches, like my branch here in PH you
can open both accounts with no money 0.00 balance. i mean it uptil now,
like you asked, you can also open for Euro, Pounds, Dollars etc all as you fill your dom form.
you use dom accounts to make your foriegn exchange transfer(wire transfer) to any part of the world.
GTB charges you close to $10-20 when you're transfering from nigeria and the international bank you're transfering the money to will charge from $30-$45 dollars, it all depends on the international bank.
with your dom account you can actually fill the master card form and collect your mastercard which you can use directly to pay for stuffs online and also when you travel out of nigeria.
i hope i've been able to handle your question well.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by plappville(f): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
No one has said anything about UBA, i opened with dem since then i ve been relentant to wire money because a friend had a bad experience with dem, she said they they charge her more than she expected, does any1 have has info on this? because the bank here in Europe will collect charges and then after 9ja bank will collect their own again, isn't that too much?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by worho(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2010
I want to know how much gtb charges specifically for each wire transfer.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by V6ix(m): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2010
You can get one at GTB
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by gyetvai: 4:01am On Jan 09, 2011
is the domiciliary account good for a business man travelling in and out of the country?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by micawber(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2011
Its been wonderful following this thread.but I need to know if I can also received depodits from abroad using this dom account.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / How To Make Money Online Legitimately Here In Nigeria / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.