Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,332 members, 7,937,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% (606 Views)

Do You Need A House Mortgage - Interest free ( 3 Days Processing Time) / Omega Mortgage Bank, Lekki- Properties For Let & Sale. Contact: 08035214480, / Beautiful Security Doors For Your Home: Buy Now At 10% Discount: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% by amdman: 7:39am On Jun 16, 2011
I work in one of the international banks in Nigeria, and have access to mortgages at 10% interest P.A. with a maximum tenor of 20yrs.

Presently, there is a 90% completed 2 No. 3 bedroom flat on offer for N4.5M in Benin and am wondering whether this will be a good buy.

Your views pls.
Re: Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% by Aventures(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2011
Two no. of 3 Bedroom fllat to 90% completion in a good location sounds a good buy! But becarful it is not every houses standing are of good integrity that can stand the test of time! I mean some house may have some sort of fault and poor construction workmanship, in such cases some people will want to sell quickly at a very attractive price to push off the likely future unpleasant occurence off their neck. so i will advice that you get a professional be it an engineer/architect to visit the site and give you an integrity report and advice. I am talking from experience as a structural engineer and construction expert. Good luck.
Re: Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% by Reflector: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2011
I posted a response to your request earlier this morning and shortly after I got the message "You have been auto-banned by the antispam bot", this is becoming very irritating I might just bust this site jare.
Re: Should I Take This Mortgage At 10% by Reflector: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2011
anyway my suggestion was a 10% loan is good, but is it at fixed rate or reducing balance? Also if you take it for the 20year period you would be paying for it 3 times over. Do your calculation if after deducting the amount you need to survive every month you still have enough left over to pay the loan then go ahead.

(1) (Reply)

One Year Option House Rent ! / You Can Now Have It If You Really Want It With N20,000 Monthly@city Park 11. / Decent Flats Available At Yaba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.