Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,866 members, 7,973,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:26 AM

Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference (17117 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. / Zenan Ighodalo, Osinbajo, Fashola Speak At Ibidun Ighodalo's Night Of Tribute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Kobojunkie: 9:04am On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:
1. Don't be narrow minded about these things...
Man's heart is God's house. True. Scriptural.
But God also identifies with places.
Jacob said "this is the house of God, this is the gate of heaven" Gen 28:17
And he was referring to an open place,by the way.
God has chosen places for worship psalm 132:13

2. He instructed Israel through Moses to build Him a sanctuary so He could dwell among them. Exo 25:8
It goes on and on.
1. According to Jesus Christ, the only one's God will come and make His Home in are those who live their lives in submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- John 14 vs 15 - 25. aka Sons of God, those who have known the Truth and have been set free from bondage to sin by the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

So it is incorrect to state that man's heart is the house of God. God only inhabits those vessels that are holy and worthy of Him, of which not all men are. undecided

2. As for God's instructions to Israel, they are that, God's instructions to Jacob and His Descendants, a different and separate Covenant from.the one He made with men through Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Kobojunkie: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:
What about other writings by the apostles?
Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant agreement by which you are called to Live by in the Kingdom of God. The Law and Truth of God was ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared " It is finished" before breathing His last. undecided

All ideas that contradict the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, are of course not of Him. undecided
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 01, 2022
IrepChrist:
For those that will seek him genuinely it is very significant. You are seeking God in the early morning of a new year.

Scriptures says
"They that seek me early shall find me"

[color=#006600][/color]Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by holyfather(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant agreement by which you are called to Live by in the Kingdom of God. The Law and Truth of God was ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared " It is finished" before breathing His last. undecided

All ideas that contradict the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, are of course not of Him. undecided

Remember that Jesus himself too worshipped in temple and synagogues.
These are places!

Before he left he told the disciples he said he wouldn't leave them comfortless.
He sent a comforter that met them in a gathering,a place called upper room.
The disciples continued with that tradition and...
I really don't understand where you're heading!
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Kobojunkie: 9:41am On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:
1. Remember that Jesus himself too worshipped in temple and synagogues.
These are places!

2. Before he left he told the disciples he said he wouldn't leave them comfortless.
He sent a comforter that met them in a gathering,a place called upper room.

3. The disciples continued with that tradition and...
I really don't understand where you're heading!
1. Jesus Christ lived His life in fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law of Moses. He did so in order that He may pay the ransom for the children of Israel who He came to redeem from the Old Law. undecided

He, however, called His followers to a different Law and Covenant, God's New Agreement, promised by God, through His prophets, with which to bless the Nations of the world with. Hence the reason why Jesus Christ never asked His disciples to do as He did, but instead taught them that it is by obeying His teachings and commandments, that they will do as He did. undecided

Back to your statement, Jesus Christ did go into the Temple and the synagogues, and in doing so he preached to the people their urging them to come out and embrace the New Covenant which He brought to them. undecided

2. Jesus Christ in promising the Comforter never specified that He would only be given those who are gatherers with other worshippers. Read again John 14 , 15 and 16 to learn of what Jesus Christ said of the comforter He would send to His followers. undecided

That the 120 were gathered in an upper room at the time Pentecost was recorded by no way means others have to be gathered in such a manner to receive the one Jesus Christ sent. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not command His followers to following in the footsteps of His disciples. He didn't even teach us to follow in His footsteps. Again, His commandment is that we do as He commands of us, and since He gave us no such tradition as that which you claim the disciples lived, it is moot to argue for it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:

Don't be narrow minded about these things...
Man's heart is God's house. True. Scriptural.
But God also identifies with places.
Jacob said "this is the house of God, this is the gate of heaven" Gen 28:17
And he was referring to an open place,by the way.

God has chosen places for worship psalm 132:13

He instructed Israel through Moses to build Him a sanctuary so He could dwell among them. Exo 25:8

It goes on and on.

There's difference between the worship in our hearts and the corporate worship that goes on when we gather in a place of worship.
I referred you to Heb 10:25 , where we're admonished to not forsake these gatherings, it's vital to our spiritual health.

The individual worship of the true God cannot be complete without the corporate dimensions
I said I knew where your erroneous mindset stemmed from, and you proved me right by this post, because the initial response I had typed to your previous post, has addressed this your post, but i changed it at the last moment to keep things short.

Here's it so you'd understand what I mean.

God doesn't dwell in houses made with men's hands. Heaven is His throne, and the Earth is His foot stool.

Even the only one, God literally dwelt in for a while in Israel, it was an emergency situation, so when Christ came and address it, His Spirit immediately departed from it because it was not God's inclination.

You guys should learn to place the interest of God above yours, and be concerned that many who come go to church are not going to meet God or for Him but for other reason carnal reasons. That's the essence of this piece.

So you were wrong to call the church the house of God, because there has only been one ever, and that was the house Solomon built. And see what God made to happen to it when men misbehaved?

You people wonder why God is not with in your gatherings as He was in those days, but you can see how far you are from God's heart and what matters most to Him. You called the church His house, lol, even after Christ had come and suffered all He went through to prepare the kind of house God loves to dwell in which is the house not made with men's hands.

Try and stop following man-made ideas and traditions if you expect God to take you and what you do seriously.

By the way, I'm not against church gatherings and buildings, but against when it is being exalted above what it is actually is and equated to God, as you guys erroneously do which is very misleading and could lead many to hell because church is not God, so giving them that false impression is wrong!

Lastly, righteous men and prophets of God as Noah in the past, have proven that such gatherings is not vital to spiritual health as you erroneously claim. You need to stop being driven by blind sentiments but the truth, if you want to avoid making such errors.
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by holyfather(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
I said I knew where your erroneous mindset stemmed from, and you proved me right by this post, because the initial response I had typed to your previous post, has addressed this your post, but i changed it at the last moment to keep things short.

Here's it so you'd understand what I mean.

So you were wrong to call the church the house of God, because there has only been one ever, and that was the house Solomon built. And see what God made to happen to it when men misbehaved?

You people wonder why God is not with in your gatherings as He was in those days, but you can see how far you are from God's heart and what matters most to Him. You called the church His house, lol, even after Christ had come and suffered all He went through to prepare the kind of house God loves to dwell in which is the house not made with men's hands.

Try and stop following man-made ideas and traditions if you expect God to take you and what you do seriously.

By the way, I'm not against church gatherings and buildings, but against when it is being exalted above what it is actually is and equated to God, as you guys erroneously do which is very misleading and could lead many to hell because church is not God, so giving them that false impression is wrong!

Lastly, righteous men and prophets of God as Noah in the past, have proven that such gatherings is not vital to spiritual health as you erroneously claim. You need to stop being driven by blind sentiments but the truth, if you want to avoid making such errors.
Do you even believe in the bible as the word of God or you choose what to stick with?
Suit yourself
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by dazzlingd(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2022
jimtemi1:
u can't say is base less, I know how I have lived my life for the past 40yrs, So if I am talking I know what am talking about because it affects me directly, what ought to change dosent change for the past 33yrs... So u can't call that base less

Your English is horrible by the way
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:

Do you even believe in the bible as the word of God or you choose what to stick with?
Suit yourself
Lol! Coming from the same person who said the church is the house of God which is umbiblical, perhaps you should learn to start practicing what you preach.
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by apostle96: 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2022

Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by holyfather(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! Coming from the same person who said the church is the house of God which is umbiblical, perhaps you should learn to start practicing what you preach.

Why are you not saying anything about Heb. 10:25?

Is it not in your own Bible?
Or you just made up your mind to be recalcitrant!
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:

That verse didn't say that the church is the house of God, moreover, that verse supports my view because someone attending church service just the last night of the year without repenting, and expecting it to make a difference in his life, doesn't mean not neglecting the gathering of the brethren.

In fact the person's actually mocking and abusing it, so you supporting it and speaking this message that discourages that, means you have don't even have any regard for that saying, but just trying to use it justify your flesh-based and blind sentiments in futility.
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
holyfather:

That verse didn't say that the church is the house of God, moreover, that verse supports my view because someone attending church service just the last night of the year without repenting, and expecting it to make a difference in his life, doesn't mean not neglecting the gathering of the brethren.

In fact the person's actually mocking and abusing it, so you supporting it and speaking this message that discourages that, means you have don't even have any regard for that saying, but just trying to use it justify your flesh-based and blind sentiments in futility.
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by holyfather(m): 5:11am On Jan 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

First of all, my emphasis is on gathering. And wherever we gather is the house of God.
Jesus said so! Matt 28:20

And how do you know he or she wouldn't repent when they go to church?

Take a poll of people that repented in church versus others and get back to me.

Aren't the chances of repentance even higher in church where they preach the gospel, the words of Jesus?

The people you're telling not to go to church, tell me where they'd rather be.

I can tell there's something that makes you so bitter against the church. It's a demon!
Away with it!
Before it destroys you
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Kobojunkie: 5:25am On Jan 04, 2022
holyfather:
1. First of all, my emphasis is on gathering. And wherever we gather is the house of God.

2. And how do you know he or she wouldn't repent when they go to church?

3. Take a poll of people that repented in church versus others and get back to me.

4. Aren't the chances of repentance even higher in church where they preach the gospel, the words of Jesus?

5. The people you're telling not to go to church, tell me where they'd rather be. I can tell there's something that makes you so bitter against the church. It's a demon!
Away with it!
Before it destroys you
1. what Jesus Christ said in Mathew 28 vs 20 is in reference to the individual in whom God, and Jesus Christ, have made their home on the inside of - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

2. They can't because a building, most especially your churches, have no power to cause a one to repent or seek God in Truth and in spirit. The New Covenant agreement is an agreement between God and individuals and it is only from the heart, mind,body and soul - the individual that repentance can come from- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Your church repentance mean absolutely nothing where that which God calls men to is concerned. If the decision to repent is made in response to a lie... the repentance is not of God but born of your churches. That is why even with over 2 billion registered Christians in today's world, the light of God, Jesus Christ remains no where to be seen - the Sons of God population remains hovering at about zero yet this is what we are called to become if we are to enter into God's Heaven. undecided

What Jesus Christ calls men to is not a game of numbers, but instead a call to Truth and nothing but the Truth. undecided

4. Obviously not the kind of repentance Jesus Christ calls us to. undecided

5. There is something alright and it is God's Truth which declares that none of these who submit to the doctrines and traditions of your churches has even a hope of God's Heaven- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by holyfather(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. what Jesus Christ said in Mathew 28 vs 20 is in reference to the individual in whom God, and Jesus Christ, have made their home on the inside of - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

2. They can't because a building, most especially your churches, have no power to cause a one to repent or seek God in Truth and in spirit. The New Covenant agreement is an agreement between God and individuals and it is only from the heart, mind,body and soul - the individual that repentance can come from- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30. undecided

3. Your church repentance mean absolutely nothing where that which God calls men to is concerned. If the decision to repent is made in response to a lie... the repentance is not of God but born of your churches. That is why even with over 2 billion registered Christians in today's world, the light of God, Jesus Christ remains no where to be seen - the Sons of God population remains hovering at about zero yet this is what we are called to become if we are to enter into God's Heaven. undecided

What Jesus Christ calls men to is not a game of numbers, but instead a call to Truth and nothing but the Truth. undecided

4. Obviously not the kind of repentance Jesus Christ calls us to. undecided

5. There is something alright and it is God's Truth which declares that none of these who submit to the doctrines and traditions of your churches has even a hope of God's Heaven- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is also a choice.
Understanding is a choice.
Your life is dictated by your choices.
Enjoy your choices.
Bye
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
holyfather:

First of all, my emphasis is on gathering. And wherever we gather is the house of God.

And how do you know he or she wouldn't repent when they go to church?

Take a poll of people that repented in church versus others and get back to me.

Aren't the chances of repentance even higher in church where they preach the gospel, the words of Jesus?

The people you're telling not to go to church, tell me where they'd rather be.

I can tell there's something that makes you so bitter against the church. It's a demon!
Away with it!
Before it destroys you
Mr man, just in case you were blind to the purpose of this thread, it's not to discourage people from going to church gatherings, but rather to discourage the act of people just going to church once on the last night of the year and expecting it to make a difference in their lives even if they don't repent. Go through the thread again and confirm what I just said, so for you to be against that, it means you're not of God but of the devil, and do not have God's interest at heart.

If you even really cared about church gatherings, and not driven by blind sentiments, you should be glad about this thread, because attending church just once in a calender year, and not attending again until the last night of next year should be just about the height of disregard for church gatherings.

Moreover even the church itself has lost it savor. It's no longer what it used to be in those days when it abided by the teachings of Jesus, because the tares the devil sowed inside the church have sprung up and now using the church to propagate all manner of Antichrist doctrines as that of mammon.

So the church today is not as effective as it used to be in bringing people to repentance as it was in those days. That's why the church has now turned into a den of thieves, fraudsters, corrupt, workers of iniquity, and even witches are now feeling comfortable in today's church. That's why in spite of all the record numbers of churches and the explosion of members, it has little or no positive effect on the moral standard or righteousness of the populace.

If Jesus were here, He would speak against what men have turned His church into as He did with those of House of God in His day, so you would also say He has a demon for speaking the Truth just as the Pharisees did because you're also of the devil.

If you think the church preaches the Gospel of Christ these days as it ought to, you must be good at deceiving yourself and denying the obvious, because it's beyond glaring that they don't.

If they did, things would be much different than it presently is.
Re: Does Spending The Last Night Of The Year In A Church Service Make Any Difference by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
holyfather:
Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is also a choice.
Understanding is a choice.
Your life is dictated by your choices.
Enjoy your choices.
Bye
Ignorance is never truly bliss! Being ignorant of the Truth of God is eternal damnation for those who claim to believe in God. undecided

Lacking understanding of the Truth of God spells eternal damnation for those who profess to believe in God.. undecided

Life is indeed a set of choices and choices made to chose the doctrines and traditions of men, and their churches(lies) in place of the direct teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ(God's own Truth) guarantee eternal damnation for each and every one those who profess to believe in God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

Choose Jesus Christ over men today for your soul's sake! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories / Is Catholics Praying To Dead Saints Biblical? / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.