Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,428 members, 7,901,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:37 AM

3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) (28772 Views)

Man Who Survived A Ghastly Accident Shares Graphic Pictures From The Scene / Nine Nysc Members Drown In Taraba During Picnic / 2 SS2 Students Drown In A River In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Champneys: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2021
What a waste.
Smh!!! embarassed
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Freerhyme1(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2021
So painful seeing young bloods dying prematurely. RIP to the deceased cry cry cry
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by panpan(m): 10:28am On Dec 31, 2021
ebukajay184:
"On Friday 24th December, 2021, at about 1020hrs, The Command got credible Intelligence about the Illegal gathering of youths in hundreds of thousands at the River Buruku for what they termed as Picnic and Carnival," he stated.

"The Benue State Government and Tiv Traditional Council have at different intervals banned this Carnival owing to its negative vices, however Youths still went ahead with the Carnival.

What is illegal about youths gathering for a picnic or carnival by the river?
It is like saying youths should not go to the beach.

1 Like

Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by adecz: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2021
Stubborn kids that don't know how
to swim, but still jump into river because
others are inside...
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2021
panpan:

What is illegal about youths gathering for a picnic or carnival by the river?
It is like saying youths should not go to the beach.

It has been on record that for the past 15 years youths die on the said picnic and carnival. That has resulted to the ban by the traditional rulers in the vicinity and the government. Practices like hard drugs, reckless driving, sex and all manner of things happen they. Some one their way to the said picnic couldn't make it, they had accident due to over speeding and hard drugs.

Before it was believed that the deaths were spiritual. The youth in benue know this but every year they choose to celebrate their Christmas at river buruku.
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Ese2ehi: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2021
Focusmind:
See the car sef. It represents everything wrong with our country.

People die. Yet na car u dey see.
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Mamijoh(f): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dikaveli:
I don't have much to say but rip

I dedicate this my first to comment to those that lost their love ones in this 2021

And i pray 2022 will be a better and fruitful year to all of us

Amen
Amen in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Mamijoh(f): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2021
Femmyfestus:

What is funny?
I wonder for that dude oooh
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by lexy2014: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
zolajpower:
sad
I'm sure this people would have survived it if proper CPR had been carried on them

how will CPR work after they had gone missing and drowned for several hours?

"...after three dead bodies were recovered by a search team of divers at about 1000 hrs.”
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by korilala(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2021
You hear river buruku you no run?
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2021
zolajpower:
sad
I'm sure this people would have survived it if proper CPR had been carried on them

After three (3) days?

They gathered on the river bank on Thursday and the bodies were found on Monday.
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Elmander1983(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
So far, the body count is 13 (recovered from buruku river) outside the 2 that died via crash.
ebukajay184:
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) in Benue State on Thursday December 30, said it recovered dead bodies of three missing young people who went on Christmas picnic at River Buruku in Buruku Local Government Area of the state, IgbereTV reports.

The deceased were among hundreds of youths who had gathered for the said picnic cum carnival despite warnings by the state government and security agencies.

The Public Relations Officer of the command in the state, Deputy Superintendent of Corps, Ejelikwu Anebi Michael, listed the names of the deceased trio as, Chiater Achir, 18, Aondoso Iorliam, 20 and Aondogu Gbir, 30.

"On Friday 24th December, 2021, at about 1020hrs, The Command got credible Intelligence about the Illegal gathering of youths in hundreds of thousands at the River Buruku for what they termed as Picnic and Carnival," he stated.

"The Benue State Government and Tiv Traditional Council have at different intervals banned this Carnival owing to its negative vices, however Youths still went ahead with the Carnival.

"The Command on the strength of the Intelligence deployed men to the location on the 25th December, 2021 in collaboration with Sister Agencies to maintain law and order and if possible stop the Carnival from holding but the numbers of the Youths outnumbered Security Officials.

“However, on Sunday 26th December, 2021, there were unsubstantiated reports of missing persons, which were confirmed on Monday 27th December, 2021 after three dead bodies were recovered by a search team of divers at about 1000 hrs.”

Selumun Philemon Ndilan wrote on Facebook;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1846860505517139&id=100005796219994
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Maximus85(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hunger does not kill. Happiness does.
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
When I was a kid my dad always warned me not to go to the river but I am damn stubborn I usually go there and learn how to swim, I will trek with my friends like 1 hours to the river...
But the day that I feared most is the day I don't know what remove my boxers at Meiran river grin since then I dey fear river and I nearly drowned 2018 at Ogun river grin since then I don leave anything swimming
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by bablon20(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
But judging by the name of the river (buruku), no sane human being will want to swim in it because the word buruku in yoruba means (wickedness or evil). RIP to the dead.
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by AlphaT1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
zolajpower:
sad
After 2 days? Abi you no read the article? Which CPR after more than 48hrs?
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by Patphil7: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
I almost got drowned at that same river during my NYSC program February last year......God you too much
Re: 3 Fun Seekers Drown During Picnic In Benue (Graphic Pictures) by omidoo: 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
They may know how to swim, this happens every year, anytime they go for this picnic people must die. I don't know why they are finding it difficult to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Closed User Group Free Glo To Glo / Fuel Tanker Currently On Fire At Lekki Toll Gate... See Photos / TVC’s Morayo Afolabi-brown Appointed Managing Director Of TVC Entertainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.