Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,383 members, 7,964,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:54 PM

Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army (65065 Views)

2023 Elections: Generals In Fresh Move To Rescue PDP / Nigerian Army Pulls Out Five Generals / Nigerian Army Announces Major Shake-up, Top Generals Affected [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by KillJoy62(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations the true real Gunner's. The two Arty Bombers, Great Vulcans. And Proud Professionals. The Men Behind the Gun.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by emapeteum(m): 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
If this is true,where was the quota system?are the two brothers not from the same state People said promotion to general is based on quota system where is the quota system here?
Ama only being curious here
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by jamace(m): 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
KillJoy62:
Congratulations the true real Gunner's. The two Arty Bombers, Great Vulcans. And Proud Professionals. The Men Behind the Gun.
What is the function of Artillery in the Army? I am asking because I have not heard or seen the effort of Artillery in fight against boko haram. Pls, educate me.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Na who drag land or find this family trouble I dey pity.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by ArewaNorth: 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
Golan007:
Nobody has said anything negative yet because they aren't northerners or Muslims.

Congratulations to them but do the same for others when they do exploits.

God bless u. Those who make such comments are very obvious an their hatred for Islam and North is out of this planet, their intolerance is acute!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by aribisala0(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2022
Kucoin:
Patriotic comrade!

Imagine the furore If these generals happened to be northerners in my country?
You are young maybe
Has that not happened? Several times?
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by aribisala0(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
jamace:
What is the function of Artillery in the Army? I am asking because I have not heard or seen the effort of Artillery in fight against boko haram. Pls, educate me.
It is a bus stop in Port Harcourt 1 and 2
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by juman(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
They are not northerners o.

Buhari is not a good president.
But he is not bad as much as we thought.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by juman(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
Nigerian generals oloriburuku oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Generals are thieves.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Drefaithful(m): 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2022
Landmack:

so i shouldn't?

And u dont even know my generation...so, be qwayet!;>

Try to digest my write-up man, the last paragraph meant for the indomie generation, which you took personally, except you are one.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Landmack: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Drefaithful:

Try to digest my write-up man, the last paragraph meant for the indomie generation, which you took personally, except you are one.

so the "your" in your second to the last sentence na typo abi you intentionally fused that syntax into that sentence to stir trouble?
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by emperor863(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
Golan007:
Nobody has said anything negative yet because they aren't northerners or Muslims.

Congratulations to them but do the same for others when they do exploits.

Actually, there is nothing wrong in the achievement of the two brothers. However we all know how members of this forum would react if the two Brothers were to be from the north or if they are Muslims.

This tells a lot about the hypocrisy and hatred displayed by majority of the ill informed persons who have turned Nairaland to a wailing platform where their frustration is ventilated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Agugbadin: 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations to them.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2022
If they were northerners,you will see hateful low lives crying nepotism. Seriously Fu+ck every iyamuri.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by coolclarke(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Hkff: 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Really
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Arabaincubus: 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
Both from Odi? Hope Obasanjo's nemesis has not arrived.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Tranquill: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Arabaincubus:
Both from Odi? Hope Obasanjo's nemesis has not arrived.

How so? Obasanjo's son is also a general in the army isn't it?
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by galaxy2020(m): 6:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Fulanis no see this one...
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Akinsbobo2(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
trutht828:

Lolz. Who told you everyone in the army is dedicated to serve the country?

Stop talking like a naive person
Talking about patriotism,i can beat my chest for GEN TA GAGARIGA from his days at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, OJO,LAGOS when he was my senior and the first CADET COMMANDER of the school.his passion for the military was second to none.he was also dedicated to cadet duties and he was also very brilliant.i think he was also made a prefect and house captain. so,l'll disagree with anyone that says he is not a dedicated officer. Congrats senior Tari

2 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by DitariDisciple2: 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Kissiemu:

You don't know what you are saying. Minorities have always been more in the Nigeria Army from inception but the commander or leader must be Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa
Ijaw is not a minority tribe.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by mysticwarrior(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
Abacha bombed and scattered kaiama during kaiama declaration and Obasanjo bombed and destroyed Odi in 1999, hope these brothers no forget say na Nigerian soldiers do that thing.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Coolgent(m): 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hypocrites are expecting to see Hausa names but were disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Arabaincubus: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tranquill:

How so? Obasanjo's son is also a general in the army isn't it?

Obasanjo levelled Odi. Has his son become a General? Ok, it's going to be 2:1
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by AbuAeesha: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
I thought Musa bamaiyi and ishaya bamaiyi were also generals
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Oceanblaze(m): 12:00am On Jan 02, 2022
Congrats to our kolokuma brothers...
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Realhommie(m): 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
Drefaithful:

You are digging history too much, but it was not Ishaya Bamaiyi, but Musa Bamaiyi.
This happened sometimes 1988 or 1989 in depot Zaria, Col Musa Bamaiyi then was the Depot commandant, he kept his loaded service pistol on the table and was about to leave for work that day and forgot something in the bedroom he went inside to pick that thing.

His son was less than 7 then innocently picked up the pistol and pointed it to his younger brother, trying to practise what they usually watched in the movie, behold, he pulled the trigger and shot his younger brother at the forehead in a close range, the whole Chindit Barracks was agog that day.

Indomie generation can't even get this in google, but may God preserve the elders to continue shedding more light to our yesteryears history which your generation have been deprived of in school.
Interesting piece of history though sad..

Was the General punished by the military for carelessness?
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
dubaino:
*History was made in the Nigerian Army of Thursday, December 30, 2021, when two brothers from the same parents, one the elder and Corps Commander, Nigerian Army Artillery, Major Gen TA Gagariga, decorated his younger brother Teriworie Gagariga with his new rank of Major General.*

*Both siblings also serve in the same corps of artillery hail from Bayelsa State in South-South Nigeria.*

Father from Odi..Community and Mother from Kaiama Town both Bayelsa State.

Congratulations the General Teriworie Gagariga.

Chief Diplomat...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/history-as-army-decorates-gagariga-brothers-as-major-generals-from-same-family-same-artillery-corps/

Bamayi brothers both became generals under Abacha I believe. They were crazy but they were the first
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
Ijaw is not a minority tribe.

How many are you please? Even in your region you are minority.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by DitariDisciple2: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Speaktruth88:

How many are you please? Even in your region you are minority.
I dont discuss with ilitetrates like u who know nothing.go and find out and not just rely on what u hear from iliterate people like u.
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by tishbite42: 9:45am On Sep 04
Drefaithful:

You are digging history too much, but it was not Ishaya Bamaiyi, but Musa Bamaiyi.
This happened sometimes 1988 or 1989 in depot Zaria, Col Musa Bamaiyi then was the Depot commandant, he kept his loaded service pistol on the table and was about to leave for work that day and forgot something in the bedroom he went inside to pick that thing.

His son was less than 7 then innocently picked up the pistol and pointed it to his younger brother, trying to practise what they usually watched in the movie, behold, he pulled the trigger and shot his younger brother at the forehead in a close range, the whole Chindit Barracks was agog that day.

Indomie generation can't even get this in google, but may God preserve the elders to continue shedding more light to our yesteryears history which your generation have been deprived of in school.
Was the lad fatally shot?
Re: Gagariga Brothers Become Generals In Nigerian Army by yarimo(m): 10:02am On Sep 04
But they are not the first brothers to be general at the same time, how about General MUSA and General ISHAYA BAMAIYI ?
dubaino:
*History was made in the Nigerian Army of Thursday, December 30, 2021, when two brothers from the same parents, one the elder and Corps Commander, Nigerian Army Artillery, Major Gen TA Gagariga, decorated his younger brother Teriworie Gagariga with his new rank of Major General.*

*Both siblings also serve in the same corps of artillery hail from Bayelsa State in South-South Nigeria.*

Father from Odi..Community and Mother from Kaiama Town both Bayelsa State.

Congratulations the General Teriworie Gagariga.

Chief Diplomat...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/history-as-army-decorates-gagariga-brothers-as-major-generals-from-same-family-same-artillery-corps/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO: President-elect Bola Tinubu Breaks Fast (iftar) With Family And Friends I / Sunday Igboho Has Been Poisoned In Cotonou Prison - Kemi Olunloyo / Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.