Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,055 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi (13697 Views)

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide —amaechi / Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them / Worry As Nigeria’s External Reserves Head To $36bn, Now $37.4bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by juniorstar(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2022
richmond500:
with abundant of natural resources?
I am also from the SS state, all I am asking is what do we produce? No be wetin nature carry dash us
A govt job is to make sure every where has what it needs to thrive...remember the oil itself has spoilt the farms and water bodies.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Jones4190(m): 10:00am On Jan 01, 2022
Give him the money please
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2022
1634four:
[s][/s]
lalasticlala
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by History555: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2022
NGpatriot:

Please, list what he's wasting money on because all hi borrowing are attached to specific programs and infrastructures that we can see on the ground.

Past governments were too busy looting and stealing to save anything, even the $2.3 Billion GEJ stole and gave to DasukiATM to share with their looting and stealing PDP gang was enough to build 2 Lagos Ibadan railway without borrowing 1 kobo.

Who do you think paid off the $500 million Jona borrowed in 2011 for whatever project that we can not even see? PMB paid it off.

Who is paying for the hundreds of billions GEJ was borrowing to pay salaries until his last day in office? PMB

Who is paying for the $500 million invisible CCTV Chinese loan? PMB

See, when GEJ and his gang were looting and sinking Nigeria into debt even though they accumulated more oil earnings than any government in the history of Nigeria, you and your kind didn not care, corruption was masking and greasing the economy and you were happy, now that there is no money to do anything unless we borrow, you are all of a sudden concerned about debt.

Your hypocrisy and crocodile tears means nothing.

Zombie spokesman chew on this like a goat

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2022
patpaul:
SHAMELESS MAN, YOU HAD MONEY TO CONSTRUCT RAILWAY TO MALADI IN NIGER REPUBLIC AN NON TO CONSTRUCT ANY IN NIGER DELTA; WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU.

He should come and rebuild the thousands of kilometer railway Jonathan built in the Niger Delta?

Oh, I forgot Jonathan released money for diamond bra and was planning to start railway in his second term.

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by History555: 10:08am On Jan 01, 2022
More for zombies and integrity spokesman

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2022
clericuzzio:

And he was wasting national resources to build rail in Niger Republic. Bastard

But buying bra and jewelries with public money was a better bet. We should go back to bra buying.

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by princeabdul(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2022
This will boost the GDP and make life easy for Nigerians, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by techWriter3: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2022
don't know you If... Uh, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2022
NGpatriot:
From stone age to 21st century in less than 4 years..

grin grin

You like finding trouble grin
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2022
xelly:

As you borrowed, make effort to pay back from the proceed of the projects.

Nigeria is not owing China any due payment. Abuja- Kaduna railway loan has been repaid up to about 40% since 2017.

Let those predicting it will take 100 years to pay back not deceive you.

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 10:17am On Jan 01, 2022
Amah70:

Add: Nigeria is sustained by income from the SW and Northern regions.

There is no level of twists and turns, untested theories and outright falsehoods that you predators in Nigeria would not put forward to defend the system.

You raise money from Zone A but use the money to develop Zone B, build modern infrastructures in unproductive Zone B - leave the infrastructures in Zone A deplorable.

President from zone A sat for 5 years and did not know zone A needs infrastructure.

No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by grandstar(m): 10:18am On Jan 01, 2022
The question is not about linking the entire country with railway. It is if it is really value for money.

China which has spent lavishly on building an extensive railway line has come under criticism.

One, the country amassed so much debt to build the railways and the revenues generated isn't enough to service the debt. Most routes are unprofitable.

Also, in many cases, it built bullet rains when what was really needed were freight trains. In most cases, many were just flashy projects to announce to the world that China has arrived.

The debts are huge and the only saving grace is that the debts are owed to state owned banks which will never call in the funds, staving off a crash.

China spends 6=7% of its GDP on capital projects which is unusually high. When the projects were analyzed, only 28% gave a corresponding value for money. This is not surprising.

The newish Bridge that links Mainland China with Hong Kong and Macau is just a case in point. I forgot to mention there is a underground tunnel from China to Hong Kong.

I am sure the project would have cost nothing less than $100b but the state published figures are never worth the paper it is printed on.

I am certain if a cost benefit analysis is carried out about building a national rail network in Nigeria, it would be found unmerited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2022
1634four:
[s][/s]
you're been fixed
you no longer insult Nairalanders or their tribes directly

finishing touch
I thought you're robot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Betty Akeredolu Speaks On Imo-East Senatorial Primaries, Says Election Not Held / Why Does Ebonyi State Have Highest Number Of Muslims In SE / Amotekun: South West Governors To Sign Bill For Legal Backing On February 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.