Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford (19820 Views)

Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by paulolee(m): 11:16am On Jan 01, 2022
uniquetechng:
He actually wants to play for Nigeria at the AFCON but NFF didnt send official invite to Watford within the stipulated time frame, so the fault is not his but NFF.
sending d invite isnt an issue here...assuming he is a key man n a sure starter, he would be in AFCON even with a late invite...
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by humberjade: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2022
AFvckingAlpha:

You bugging son, you ain’t go do shit niggarr. So ama tell you the for the umpteenth time, STFU!

I don’t know who or what you think you are, but you need to know who you fvcking with, ain’t no bragging or shit but obembe rugged.

And quit capping my niggarr.

I said what I said

Okay! grin grin grin
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:21am On Jan 01, 2022
humberjade:

Okay! grin grin grin

grin Now that’s it son!
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by uniquetechng: 11:26am On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:

sending d invite isnt an issue here...assuming he is a key man n a sure starter, he would be in AFCON even with a late invite...
There are rules governing football and its has nothing to do with key man, I was a footballer myself before becoming a players agent. Top countries like Portugal, Brazil and Argentina send email first day of the given period to avoid issues with clubs. Even Egypt and Senegal emailed Liverpool in October so why is NFF informing Watford of Dennis in December
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by paulolee(m): 11:29am On Jan 01, 2022
uniquetechng:
There are rules governing football and its has nothing to do with key man, I was a footballer myself before becoming a players agent. Top countries like Portugal, Brazil and Argentina send email first day of the given period to avoid issues with clubs. Even Egypt and Senegal emailed Liverpool in October so why is NFF informing Watford of Dennis in December
so are u telling me dt if Egypt did same mistake with sallah, Liverpool will stop him from coming or just let it slide??
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GistFullGround: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2022
No matter how the pressure is, Emmanuel Dennis should be barred from the Super Eagles in future. He has to be taught a lesson in patriotism.

No player is bigger than the country!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by unmask: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2022
izzy4shizzy:
The truth of the matter is these clubs disrespects AFCON and in general Africa.

Imagine this was a European competition, would they still stop him?

CAF is too weak abeg,

Well what can I say, CAF will just bend over and let this clubs knack them anyhow.

Imagine klopp calling AFCON a little competition, Napoli was even threatening with lawsuits. This clubs will not hesitate to drop these players if and when they loose form.
Anyone fit and was invited that doesn't come to Afcon shouldn't be considered for worldcup
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Starz825(m): 11:47am On Jan 01, 2022
ArchiLimited:
All these people that are pulling out and pulling in because their club said, I thought FIFA's rules states that no club has the authority to prevent a player from representing his country for any FIFA recognized tournament? Or did the rules change because it's AFCON? Because we didn't see any of this rubbish during the last Euros. What exactly is happening?

Contact me for fantastic building designs and construction that is in line with modern design and construction trends. Chat/call 0 8 1 6 1 2 4 7 8 9 8 to start with current samples
Do they play euro in mid-season?...it's crazy playing a tournament In mid season....
It help super clubs decide not to sign African players into their team...
When Hayatou left the CAF position I was so happy because the new man changed the whole process then AfCON started staring at the end of the season...but now we are back at it again..
No be 2019 Dem play the last AfCON...so why are they stressing....AFCON should have been next year..not this year ..for the fact that it's a world cup year..it should have been postponed...

See Liverpool now...they will be loosing the best of their attacks in Salah and mane...Now Liverpool is not different from Southampton

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by uniquetechng: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:

so are u telling me dt if Egypt did same mistake with sallah, Liverpool will stop him from coming or just let it slide??
Is Egypt paying his salary You dont know the enormous powers European clubs have over their players, in 2020 Liverpool refused to release Salah for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games despite the fact that Mo himself wanted to be at the Olympics.

When the preliminary list was released Rohr didnt include Dennis, therefore NFF didnt send the pre-tournament invite to Watford because Dennis wasnt included in the preliminary list.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Kingcalls: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2022
Osilama1:
you don't change a tournament that has been played January February since 1957 to please some idiotic Europeans... Qatar 2022 ll be held in November December shebi leagues ll go on break... But anytime they hear afcon body de pepper them... Ok FIFA even Said players can play till six day's to afcon so what's their excuse... Anyone wey no sign AFrican player na im loss na... Abi since Ferguson no sign AFrican player's Dem drogba no see Job for Chelsea others... I can agree with changing the format to four year interval but changing it from January February should be rejected...

Qatar is the world cup , everyone is involved , besides, it will not happen again for a very very long time , probably, till middle East is given the right to host again... AFCON do this every 2 yrs ... maybe they should stick to Africa and leave Europe alone ... talking about a tournament that started in the 50s , the leagues started 50 years b4 that , afterall Africa learnt the sports from Europe
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Lekan239(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
DesChyko:

FIFA conducts the world cup. They're also in charge of football worldwide. It's at their beck and call to do what they please.
EUROS is played during off season. Even the Nations League finals.
Euros is way more commercial and enticing than any other continental competition, yet it is played in off-season.
AFCON can't even measure up to any top flight club league.
It's sensible for them to gain premium viewership first, before they can earn the right to consideration ahead of club sides.
As it is today, any of the European top club match will have more viewership worldwide than any AFCON match on the same date and time.
I could counter some of the off point in your write-up, but I won't.

You want the AFCON to host off-season Which is June/July right?. Do not forget the world cup will be barely three months away, also another AFCON will be hosted next year 2023.

Don't you feel it kinda odd Africa teams will have to participate in three main tournament within a year?. Moreover are you putting into consideration that the counties will still play qualifiers for the next AFCON, can all this be achieved within a year?.

The Covid has already disrupt many activities, bringing the world to stand still, the AFCON best bet is to host the tournament as early as possible this year.

Hosting the tournament at the beginning of this year will provide ample time for the continent to prepare for the world cup, also the next Host will have quite some additional time to prepare.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Osilama1: 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:

boss, he no easy....even if na u, u self go do same....ighalo come bench bcox e club no need an dt same time, assuming Ighalo de top9 for Watford, him go stay back than coming to sit on d bench...na common logic na
no logic here if I am an authority in Nigerian football Dennis ll Never play for Nigeria again... His attitude is terrible... That's why Rohr refused to invite him after Sierra Leone match qualifiers for world cup
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Lekan239(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
uniquetechng:
Is Egypt paying his salary You dont know the enormous powers European clubs have over their players, in 2020 Liverpool refused to release Salah for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games despite the fact that Mo himself wanted to be at the Olympics.

When the preliminary list was released Rohr didnt include Dennis, therefore NFF didnt send the pre-tournament invite to Watford because Dennis wasnt included in the preliminary list.
according to FIFA rules, clubs can reject their players from participating in the under23 Olympics games, i.e if the player is amongst the three overaged.

The competition is not meant for Salah age range, he can only participate as one of the three overaged player if the club allow
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Kingcalls: 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
GistFullGround:
No matter how the pressure is, Emmanuel Dennis should be barred from the Super Eagles in future. He has to be taught a lesson in patriotism.

No player is bigger than the country!

U guys are funny... how will it affect him if Nff bars him ?? Evwn ziyech said he will not play for Morocco... what is even the benefit of playing Afcon

This is transfer period , them gobjust sign new player replace am sharp sharp and his career might be ruined
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Oshey99: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
dfrost:
cheesy grin

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds...

I keep laughing at the average black man. Kudos to the Asians from breaking free.

Until then, it is "not yet Uhuru".
Clap for yourself....in your mind u r wise now abii?
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Oshey99: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2022
I'm just imagining if Nigeria wins afcon and Watford relegate....
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GodIsBiafran: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
younglleo:
angry wetin dey worry this people? Or na bcus say na afcon!
Worst is dat CAF keep acting like a senseless organization!
Anytime dem feel like dey put competition, no football calender!
Bunch of senseless thieves!

So, CAF should schedule AFCON during raining season? You no get sense atall.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GodIsBiafran: 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
Kingcalls:
Quite unfortunate.... the truth is that the Euros is the only credibly organised tournament, out of all these continental tournaments.... the rest are confused .... I dont know y a tournament should be played during the mid season ... the AFCON was one reason Ferguson or real madrid dint like buying African players , even if they did, they will make sure he is not a vital player in the team... just look at Liverpool, I just pity them and the sad thing is that most times , when they come bk, they loose form due to fatigue

Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GodIsBiafran: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
paulolee:

the guy preferred helping watford than Nigeria simply because NFF cnt guarantee him starting or even playing, an interview I read on a local outlet said the likes of iheanacho, ighalo, Simeon n even awoniyi are all ahead of him in the starting order saying he is new n need more time to adapt to Africa football..
if Denis na my brother, I would easily convince him to stay in watford n help them escape relagation than come to AFCON, sit on the bench without doing anything, only for him to go back n meet Watford already relegated n even lose his starting spot in dt team..

But the same dennis will want to go to world cup?
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GodIsBiafran: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
dfrost:
cheesy grin

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds...

I keep laughing at the average black man. Kudos to the Asians from breaking free.

Until then, it is "not yet Uhuru".

It is difficult to break free when your worship their god, Jesus.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by GodIsBiafran: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
emae009:
To avoid all these hullabaloo. I believe the AFCON should be moved to a summer schedule like other continents' tournament.
I know tradition plays a major part but we are in a dynamic world. Change is always inevitable

Mumu. So they should play AFCON during raining season?
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by dfrost: 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
Oshey99:

Clap for yourself....in your mind u r wise now abii?

Nope. Not wise at all. Now clap for yourself also cheesy
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Hkff: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
Why
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by MarrisManah(m): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2022
Georgejeez:

You seriously need to be locked in a Military guardroom and flogged .
So him & Osimhen's replacements , Olayinka and Onyekuru ,don't they also play for foreign clubs ?
When were their own Afcon invitations sent to their clubs , was it not recent ? .
Dennis or Tennis , whatever his name is , should never be called up again , make dem dash Watford.
Everything is not shouting... Is Emmanuel Dennis the only Nigerian playing for Watford that's going for Afcon? Why didn't the club pressure the other person? Why isn't Liverpool, Chelsea and other clubs do the same thing? The point is Nigeria gave them the opportunity period!
We're talking about players in an A-list league like EPL and you're comparing it with Turkey and Czech republic leagues? SMH... Which muscle those ones get? Nigeria and Nigerians always find a way of absolving themselves from blame without taking responsibility.
Try and stop it. It's a New year.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by uniquetechng: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lekan239:
according to FIFA rules, clubs can reject their players from participating in the under23 Olympics games, i.e if the player is amongst the three overaged.

The competition is not meant for Salah age range, he can only participate as one of the three overaged player if the club allow
If a country fail to submit Pre-tournament invite to a club and the main invite came late as well as in the case of Dennis the club has every right to stop their players from honouring such invite.
When Alex Ferguson was the coach of Man United he stopped his star players from honouring FIFA friendly matches.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Lekan239(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
uniquetechng:
If a country fail to submit Pre-tournament invite to a club and the main invite came late as well as in the case of Dennis the club has every right to stop their players from honouring such invite.
When Alex Ferguson was the coach of Man United he stopped his star players from honouring FIFA friendly matches.
your first paragraph is definitely correct.

In the case of sir Alex Ferguson stopping players from honouring Friendly match, it's quite different from stopping players from honouring major nation's tournament.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by adetayoonas(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
Taiwo Awoniyi deserves a great kudos. He came to the Nigeria camp earlier before others. He should replace osimhen and ighalo as no 9. He is even one if the top 5 goal scorers in German bundesliga toppest league.
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by adetayoonas(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
Taiwo Awoniyi deserves a great kudos. He came to the Nigeria camp earlier before others. He should replace osimhen and ighalo as no 9. He is even one if the top 5 goal scorers in German bundesliga toppest league. He really tried
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by Kingcalls: 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
GodIsBiafran:

U are the dumbest without sense.... so rain falls daily in the summer....wasn't world cup 2010 played in the summer in South Africa... now u can see u are mentally defected...sorry for u , ur brain is malfunctioning
Re: Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford by uniquetechng: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Lekan239:
your first paragraph is definitely correct.

In the case of sir Alex Ferguson stopping players from honouring Friendly match, it's quite different from stopping players from honouring major nation's tournament.
Clubs have the right to turn down invitation for any player if his country's football administration failed to send Pre-tournament invite and also fail to send the main invite within the stipulated time frame which is the case with Watford and NFF. FIFA or CAF cant even intervene because the rules are clearly spelt out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Announces Retirement From Football / Superb 2+ Odds Daily. Welcome To The Greenland!!! / Yacine Brahimi Wins BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.