Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:45 AM

What Does Exercise Do For Stress? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Does Exercise Do For Stress? (235 Views)

Does Exercise Affect Mental Health? / Does Exercise Enhance Sleep? / Please Does Exercise Reduces Size Of Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does Exercise Do For Stress? by Healthpal81(f): 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2022
What does exercise do for stress? Can it make you feel less anxious, worried, and tense?

Everyone has been stressed at some point in their life. Whether the stress comes from a breakup, financial troubles, or a big exam coming up at school, it is normal to feel stressed. What may not seem normal are the thoughts that come along with stress. For some people, stress can lead to feeling overwhelmed, panicked, and out of control. Some people may try to cope with their stress by eating unhealthy foods, drinking alcohol, or smoking cigarettes. All of these things may seem to help at the moment, but they can actually make the stress worse in the long run.

Exercise is a great way to help manage stress. It can help you feel better physically and mentally. Exercise releases endorphins, which are hormones that make you feel happy and relaxed. When you exercise, you also take your mind off of your problems and give yourself some time to relax.

If you are feeling stressed, try to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day. You also may want to keep track of how you are feeling.

Here are some things to write in your journal or on an index card, one or two times per day, every day for a week:

· How stressed I feel

· If I exercised today or not

· What type of exercise I did

· How I felt after I exercised

You may find that after a while, writing down how you feel and what type of exercise you did will be enough to help calm your stress.

If you are still feeling overwhelmed and stressed, talk to a trusted friend or family member, or seek professional help. There is no shame in asking for help when you need it.

What is stress?
- Emotional and mental responses to a stimulus such as a job loss, relationship problem, or a health issue.

- It is a protective mechanism meant to help us work harder towards a solution, cope with difficult situations and motivate us to change

- It can be helpful in small doses but when it becomes overwhelming or chronic, it can lead to physical and emotional problems.

- Some symptoms of stress are feeling overwhelmed, panicked, out of control, headaches, muscle tension, nausea, and diarrhea.

- To manage stress, many people turn to unhealthy behaviors such as eating unhealthy foods, eating excessively, drinking alcohol, or smoking cigarettes, etc.

- Exercise is a great way to help manage stress. It releases endorphins, which are feel-good hormones. When you exercise, you also take your mind off of your problems helping you unwind and relax.

- 30 minutes of exercise a day is recommended to help manage stress. Also, make sure you write down how stressed you feel (as mentioned above).

In conclusion, stress is normal, but when it becomes chronic and overwhelming, it can lead to numerous problems. Exercise can help manage stress so give it a try, you have nothing to lose except maybe some sweat, a few pounds, and all your frustrations. Mental health is important so take care, look after yourself.

*** Having a treadmill at home is a great way to exercise. For some of the best treadmills visit: https://ideasforhomerenovations.com/best-treadmills-under-300/

1 Like

Re: What Does Exercise Do For Stress? by muheeb01(m): 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
Exercising is very important for health,sexual health and general well being

1 Like

Re: What Does Exercise Do For Stress? by Healthpal81(f): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
muheeb01:
Exercising is very important for health,sexual health and general well being

Agreed, Muheeb! Thank you for the comment. smiley

(1) (Reply)

‘i’m Dying’ – Son Shares Despairing 999 Calls / Say Bye Bye To Diabetes / Police On Manhunt For Truck Driver Responsible For Nsawam Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.