Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) (786 Views)

Did You Know ? The World Dirtiest Man, Kindly Read / She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her / Get A Skill/empower Someone. Kindly Read You May Need This.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by AuntyVanessa(f): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Dear self
Please Stop Talking to Yourself when you are Alone %80 of people are Guilty cool
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
I don't know if you are intoxicated by a strong liquid.

You can talk to yourself if you feel like nobody gives a damn.

1 Like

Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
AuntyVanessa:
Dear self
Please Stop Talking to Yourself when you are Alone %80 of people are Guilty cool
Is talking to oneself a crime or sin? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am guilty grin grin cheesy
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by 1F30M4(f): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2022
As charged lmaoo
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Sonnobax15(m): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
cool
You're damn right.
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Adaanna(f): 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
grin
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

It’s a bad habit. A step away from craziness.
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Truvelisback(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
There is no one who doesn't do so.
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Those are lies spread by ignorant people who don't understand their own minds abeg! undecided

https://www.webmd.com/balance/why-people-talk-to-themselves

Talking to oneself is a very healthy way of dealing with stress and related issues. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Those are lies spread by ignorant people who don't understand their own minds abeg! undecided

https://www.webmd.com/balance/why-people-talk-to-themselves

Talking to oneself is a very healthy way of dealing with stress and related issues. undecided

OK. There are different ways of talking to oneself.
Some are healthy, agreed. But some are not.

Like, when you say positive things to yourself, it is a good way to encourage and reassure yourself, and keep your thoughts positive.
There are those who complain to and argue with themselves. Now, that is unhealthy. cheesy
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
OK. There are different ways of talking to oneself.
Some are healthy, agreed. But some are not.

Like, when you say positive things to yourself, it is a good way to encourage and reassure yourself, and keep your thoughts positive.
There are those who complain to and argue with themselves. Now, that is unhealthy. cheesy
I have full-blown conversations with myself and my mental regularly and my doctors say there is nothing wrong with that. My thoughts aren't necessarily positive as I have no fear broaching even the negative ideas that crawl through my mental space.... thoughts are thoughts and we are not to fear processing them as they are. undecided

Matter of fact, if I hadn't taken to processing my deepest darkest thoughts over the years, I wouldn't be the mentally healthy person I am today. undecided

I don't see anything wrong with owning and processing all of one's thoughts. They are yours - good or bad- and I feel one needs to process them in order to gain control over them. I even speak as I type - its the way I process my thoughts. grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I have full-blown conversations with myself and my mental regularly and my doctors say there is nothing wrong with that. My thoughts aren't necessarily positive as I have no fear broaching even the negative ideas that crawl through my mental space.... thoughts are thoughts and we are not to fear processing them as they are. undecided

Matter of fact, if I hadn't taken to processing my deepest darkest thoughts over the years, I wouldn't be the mentally healthy person I am today. undecided

I don't see anything wrong with owning and processing all of one's thoughts. They are yours - good or bad- and I feel one needs to process them in order to gain control over them. I even speak as I type - its the way I process my thoughts. grin

Ok Kobo. grin
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Ok Kobo. grin
I am being honest here. I have gone months without saying a single word to another human being but in that same period... I have had several interesting conversations with myself leaving me believing I didn't miss much except ofcourse what I consider the drama that is typical of the perspective of others. undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am being honest here. I have gone months without saying a single word to another human being but in that same period... I have had several interesting conversations with myself leaving me believing I didn't miss much except of course what I consider the drama that is typical of the perspective of others. undecided

I know you are.

Does it help being active on nairaland?
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
I know you are.
Does it help being active on nairaland?
Help with what? undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Help with what? undecided

Your mental health...
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
Your mental health...
No! undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No! undecided

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Kobo though. cheesy
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Uyi168: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

the way you open your mouth and yarn Rubbish ehnnn
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Uyi168:
the way you open your mouth and yarn Rubbish ehnnn

I’m sure you talk to yourself as you walk on the streets. undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
I’m sure you talk to yourself as you walk on the streets. undecided
Is it instead that you are self conscious about such or what? undecided

These days, it is easy to free oneself from that shackle.... just wear headphones and talk all you want. . No one will know you are not on a phone call. grin
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Mariangeles(f): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is it instead that you are self conscious about such or what? undecided
Kobo, you don’t wanna try it on the streets of Lagos. cheesy

These days, it is easy to free oneself from that shackle.... just wear headphones and talk all you want. . No one will know you are not on a phone call. grin
cheesy
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Kobo, you don’t wanna try it on the streets of Lagos. cheesycheesy
I did it on the streets of Lagos and I do it even now. undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by AuntyVanessa(f): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Madness
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
AuntyVanessa:

Madness
This is 2022, right? Please endeavor to take out the garbage as far as delusions of yesteryears and false ideas and myths you were raised with. subscribe instead to knowledge channels particular from experts so you don't continue to spew this sort of nonsense abeg! undecided

The world is more than 2 decades into the information age. There really isn't any real excuses for not being informed on these things any longer. undecided
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by faithfull18(f): 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Not true.
Re: Dear Self ( Kindly Read ) by anthonyuncle(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
guilty as charged

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is The PRICE Of 50 KG Bag Of Rice In Your Neighborhood ? (E Shock You?) / How To Know If When You Dating An Ogbanje (water/ Marine Spirit) / Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.