Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,311 members, 7,943,754 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

5 Reasons Why You Are Still Struggling With Linkedin - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Reasons Why You Are Still Struggling With Linkedin (238 Views)

Career Training: Unlock Your Career Potential With Linkedin Advertising Skills / Five (5) Reasons Why Some People Are Unemployable - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Are Still Struggling With Linkedin by TimDonald: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
5 REASONS WHY YOU ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH LINKEDIN

If you have at any point in time felt that LinkedIn is just or a place where people come and celebrate their success(es) or perhaps you feel like it is not really for you or that it is a boring app, 'Can I see your hands please.

Ohh...I can't see it physically but I will see it virtually through the comment box.

Anyways, I tell you my personal story but I won't bore you with it. Over the years I have heard stories about the importance of LinkedIn but I was naive about.

Funny thing is I can't even remember when I installed it app. I was just going on and off but last year I decided to take it seriously and it has been awesome. Enough of that for now.

Here is what you need to do

1.BURY YOUR OLD MINDSET: I don't know how you are going to do it but you have to deaden any negative. That it doesn't work for others does not mean it won't work for you.

Neglect what they told you about the App. Yes people celebrate there success, how does it affect you? You need to Moveee!!!

2. POST THE RIGHT WAY: See if you carry the mentality of other social media apps to LinkedIn, you go cry o. You will really struggle and in the long run, run away.

You need to realise that it is a professional app and your contents have to be geared towards professionalism. We are not sadist though. We play too.

3. OPTIMIZE YOUR PROFILE: This is what most people will advise you to first do. This is you telling the whole world what you do and what you want them to know about you.

You are them that 'Hey, this is the new guy or lady in town. Imagine you are going for an interview and your CV is blank. Is like SAPA never hook you for neck.

4. BE CONSISTENT: Take a look at the Suya man in your area. He shows up everyday and if by any chance he doesn't show up for months. What happens? People look elsewhere. No time.

If you are really serious about LinkedIn, show up consistently. By being consistent, I do not mean you post daily o but be consistent.

5. PROVIDE VALUE: This life is about give and take. Ask yourself 'What am I bringing to the table? Let people feel your presence. Talk about an issue that people are concerned about, answer questions.

As time goes on, look for a problem and provide solution. That is how you stand out and in turn, you will get what you want.

These are just some of the points I feel you need to really note. Of course, there is more but I like to keep things simple and short.

I hope you got value. If you need further assistance, reach out to me on my WhatsApp no or my LinkedIn link:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ehinmitan-timilehin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sales Representative / Computer Operator Vacancy At Orile Iganmu, Lagos / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy !!! Sales Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.