Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Lukaku Expected To Return After Positive Talks With Club's Hierarchy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukaku Expected To Return After Positive Talks With Club's Hierarchy (178 Views)

Austin Ejide Targets Super Eagles Return After Six Years / Real Madrid Fans Boo Gareth Bale On Return After Wales Flag Incident / Richard Alison And Cork City: Twitter Helps Footballer Get Free Trial With Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lukaku Expected To Return After Positive Talks With Club's Hierarchy by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 04, 2022
The striker was left out of the squad against Liverpool as discipline for public complaints
Article continues below
Romelu Lukaku held a positive meeting with Chelsea leadership on Monday, GOAL has learned, and he is expected to be included in the squad for Tottenham on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup.
The forward had been excluded on Sunday against Liverpool after his controversial, unsanctioned interview with Sky Sport Italia cast doubt on his future at Stamford Bridge.
But GOAL now understands there is little chance of him leaving the club anytime soon after joining just this past summer, as he won't push for a move.
Chelsea players back Tuchel after Lukaku row - but manager and striker now need to put sideshow behind them
What is the latest Lukaku development?
Talks between Lukaku and club leadership, including director Marina Granovskaia, occured on Monday and were received positively by all parties.
The Belgium international showed remorse in the meeting, with further details to be revealed on Tuesday afternoon in Thomas Tuchel's upcoming press conference.
The team hasn't made a final decision on his status for the Spurs game, but he's expected to be included.
What happened between Lukaku and the club?
Lukaku granted an unsanctioned interview to Sky Sport Italia several weeks ago that was published this past Thursday. In it, he critisised uchel's tactics and implied he wanted to go back to Inter while still in his prime (he is currently 28 years old).
“I’m not happy with the situation and that’s only natural," he said. "The head coach has decided to play a different system and I mustn’t let up, I need to keep working hard and be professional.
"I’m not happy with the situation but I’m a grafter and I mustn’t let up."
Article continues below
Tuchel was unhappy with the interview, which he felt blindsided by, and dropped Lukaku from his team over the weekend. Chelsea drew 2-2 with Liverpool.
Now, though, it appears the relationship between Lukaku and the Blues has been at least partially repaired in the short-term.
lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Expected To Return After Positive Talks With Club's Hierarchy by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2022
hmmm chelshit fans oya line up
Re: Lukaku Expected To Return After Positive Talks With Club's Hierarchy by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 04, 2022
make I live mata for Matthias so as not to get type-shamed

(1) (Reply)

#AFCON2021: 4 Talking Points From Super Eagles 1-0 Victory Over Egypt / How Chelsea Can Defeat Manchester City / Nigerian Super Eagles Qualify In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.