Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,069 members, 7,973,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:30 PM

Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos (52715 Views)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by menwongo(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2022
frugal:

Nope. People who borrow N10k are extremely poor and live from hand to mouth. So I can understand why many of them have problem paying back — Little to no income.
So why borrow? Frustration, hopelessness, no other option, etc.
They can practice farming....
We need to be contented, save for rainy days
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:26am On Jan 05, 2022
STAY AWAY FROM LOAN COMPANY WITH THEIR EVIL APPS.EMBRACE ESUSU OR MICROFINANCE. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE TO LOAN COYSundecided
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by aramanda14: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2022
I totally get your point, but then some of these loan apps need to be checked!, some of them are actually nice when it comes to paying back loans, i remember one-time Fairmoney gave me extra days because i was unable to pay back my loan on time. If Fair money can be this good, then i think others need to emulate them.
vunajohn:
People failed to follow instructions and conditions attached to it. If you know you are nit capable paying back loan do not try it. The loan company is not a charity organisation and People should understand this, and they use all means to get back their money. So let's forget our stupidity in trying to justify what is wrong
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by adedayo3193(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2022
Elsueno:
undecided

A word of advice to all these bleeding heart people, NEVER EVER GIVE anybody loan for this era, MPST ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE VERY CLOSE to the person, I assue u 99% of them would not pay, if u try to force them, it would only screw ur relationship & they still won't pay. Best thing is either u gift something small & categorically tell them u are struggling as well( best) Or outright REFUSE

Of course u can also be wicked like me, loan them like 20%( make sure u can afford to lose it) of what they asked, so that if they get shameless enough to ask again, u can remind them of thier outstanding old debt

Smooth

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by adedayo3193(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2022
DonBenny77:
I dey owe like 8 apps total of 80k and I no go pay cos e no dey. And I can't kill myself.
When e dey I go pay only the ones wey never message my contacts make the others go collect from Buhari na him dey share the national cake

Go and pay your loan na
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by adedayo3193(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2022
survival1:
Most people borrow money from this loan company with the intention of not paying back while some borrow just to live large. If you must borrow, make sure you have other channels to pay back or invest in something productive. Also never borrow base on promises or when expecting because you might be disappointed. I took a loan of 140k to pay back 180k in 3 months. That's 40k interest and I will say I make approximately 60k profit with the money per month. The interest is high but because I have plans for it, I'm able to pay back.

Simple as ABC
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by kingcolearchive: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2022
lol you are asking people to stay away from loans? Loans help people especially entreprenuers grow their businesses, i have taken loan on fair money to buy raw materials, so i think we should embrace loan apps that give legit loans and peace of mind
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STAY AWAY FROM LOAN COMPANY WITH THEIR EVIL APPS.EMBRACE ESUSU OR MICROFINANCE. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE TO LOAN COYSundecided
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Ramzyranks: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
This is a new year please let us shun loan apps that will stress us. use fair money, carbon, etc [quote author=rhames post=109084402][/quote]
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Holuwamanzee(m): 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
Supposing say this country na better place shey govt for dey give individual credit as long as u work and u can pay something from d credit monthly(what's d use of BVN and NIN sef)... Loan shark need to be ban ahswear...
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by dadde(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
I think it's wrong for people to borrow money without the intention to pay. I think that's bad and shouldn't be encouraged.

However, these loan apps, aside from their bogus interests, they go to the extreme to violate people's privacy. Here's an example of a close friend...

There's a friend who had to resort to take a loan from them do to economic crunch. He took 70k from them to complete a project hoping to pay back as soon as he gets paid. Things weren't going as expected. He spoke to an agent to find a way of reducing his accumulated interest so he could pay up. After much back and forth, the principal and interest rose to 85k. He paid 20k to apeace the ranting agents. A week later the rate went back to 85k. He finally got an agent who agreed that if he paid 50k withing 24 hrs, the other outstanding will be writing off. ( I guess this was confirmed on Whatsapp too). This guy complied but they didn't write anything off. They told him to make it 70k, he grumbled a bit but made it up within a week. The loan app only removed 10k and asked him to pay an additional 5k balance. This guy has refused. The app has been sending messages to all his contact that he owes a bank and he's on the run. I got a wind of the whole story when the app called me. I asked him and he said he took 70k and has paid back 90k yet the app is blackmailing him. For that reason, he will never pay up because the app will not pay for the defamation of Character.

Here is an example as rold by a close freind. I have had few other messages on something similar.

At least we know AMCON is still reluctant to publish the names of the heavy debtors. Theres a reason for that.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by dadde(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
I think it's wrong for people to borrow money without the intention to pay. I think that's bad and shouldn't be encouraged.

However, these loan apps, aside from their bogus interests, they go to the extreme to violate people's privacy. Here's an example of a close friend...

There's a friend who had to resort to take a loan from them do to economic crunch. He took 70k from them to complete a project hoping to pay back as soon as he gets paid. Things weren't going as expected. He spoke to an agent to find a way of reducing his accumulated interest so he could pay up. After much back and forth, the principal and interest rose to 85k. He paid 20k to apeace the ranting agents. A week later the rate went back to 85k. He finally got an agent who agreed that if he paid 50k withing 24 hrs, the other outstanding will be written off. ( I guess this was confirmed on Whatsapp too). This guy complied but according to him,they didn't write anything off. They told him to make it 70k, he grumbled a bit but made it up within a week. The loan app only removed 10k and asked him to pay an additional 5k balance. This guy has refused. The app has been sending messages to all his contact that he owes a bank and he's on the run. I got a wind of the whole story when the app called me. I asked him and he said he took 70k and has paid back 90k yet the app is blackmailing him. For that reason, he will never pay up because the app will not pay for the defamation of Character.

Here is an example as told by a close freind. I have had few other messages on something similar.

At least we know AMCON is still reluctant to publish the names of the heavy debtors. There's a reason for that
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by Wfaluse: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
SailorUgo:
They did same to my guy.
Person wey be millionaire o, had a few lands.
He ran out of cash working for a client.
Naso the yeye client no pay him in time and him don forget about the loan sef.

These loan guys no get joy. They called to remind him and as him dey run around to to get money to pay back, his pictures and that their wicked message don circulate Lagos, don even reach village, even to potential clients.

Baba just lean immediately.
The guy no get himself for 2 months.

Worst part be say the loan app no retract their messages or apologize after him pay Dem off oo.

Just avoid those guys abeg
Avoid them. Find other means of sorting yourself out. I can assure you that it doesn't end well most times.

I got a loan from one of them late November to quickly aoer some things. Two days beforw the loan expired, one of their staff chayted me to remind me of the repayment due in tow days and i politely told her that i dont need to be reminded that my loan was due in 2 days.
Next thing was for the person to type stuff like... whether you like it or not we will collect our money. So dont bring your frustration here...

I was shocked. That day i vowed even if it means selling my assets in distress to raise funds, i will. Never again

1 Like

Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by dadde(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
Wfaluse:

Avoid them. Find other means of sorting yourself out. I can assure you that it doesn't end well most times.

I got a loan from one of them late November to quickly aoer some things. Two days beforw the loan expired, one of their staff chayted me to remind me of the repayment due in tow days and i politely told her that i dont need to be reminded that my loan was due in 2 days.
Next thing was for the person to type stuff like... whether you like it or not we will collect our money. So dont bring your frustration here...

I was shocked. That day i vowed even if it means selling my assets in distress to raise funds, i will. Never again

My advice as well.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by rhames(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ramzyranks:
This is a new year please let us shun loan apps that will stress us. use fair money, carbon, etc

What options do we have àgain for short term loans sir.
Re: Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos by bamdly(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
DonBenny77:
I dey owe like 8 apps total of 80k and I no go pay cos e no dey. And I can't kill myself.
When e dey I go pay only the ones wey never message my contacts make the others go collect from Buhari na him dey share the national cake
we set there 2geda broo....I can't kill myself
if dem like make dem add wetin pass interest if I don blow I go repay all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Stop Buying Airtime From Banks" - Saleh Shehu Ashaka Begs Nigerians / Please Suggest A Business I Can Start With Five Hundred Thousand Naira / How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.