Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,030 members, 7,919,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 05:09 AM

How Gtbank Enabled Hackers To Empty My Account- Part 2 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Gtbank Enabled Hackers To Empty My Account- Part 2 (198 Views)

How Gtbank Be Doing This? / 2023: Did Tinubu Hire 'Russian Hackers' To Influence Social Media / Can I Use My Nin Slip To Upgrade My Account??! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Gtbank Enabled Hackers To Empty My Account- Part 2 by HenriYire(m): 12:55am On Jan 06, 2022
I have banked with Gtbank for years and would before now swear that the bank is the best thing since slice bread but my recent encounter with the bank when my phone was stolen left me shocked at their lax attitude to security protocols.

I detailed this encounter in a comprehensive post when my phone was stolen and I rushed to the Gtbank branch on Admiralty way, Lekki to transfer the money in my account out and was told it had been done but later discovered that it hadn't.

Find the post link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6916645/how-gtbank-ensured-hackers-empty

The follow up to that story is as shocking as the first.
I returned to the Gtbank branch at Admiralty road, Lekki on Tuesday 4th January 2022 to make a formal complaint.

I met the operations manager and after listening to me impatiently, the guy went away and located the same cashier that attended to me on the 24th of December 2021 and claimed that he had effected the transfer that led to my account being emptied.

They huddled together with a manager and for the next one hour kept whispering amongst themselves and looking through something on a computer.

One hour turned to two and I kept waiting without any update of any kind. I somehow assumed they were clamping down on the places and people that the stolen money was sent to so I was content to wait.

I eventually got tired of waiting and had to return to work but before I left I asked what they were doing about my case and received a shocker.

They were actually pouring through CCTV footage trying to prove that I was at the bank about an hour before the money was removed from my account and so they didn't have too much time to effect the transfer I requested.

I went mad.

The truth is that the Gtbank security protocol is not designed to protect your money and everyone who still uses Gtbank should know that for a fact.

So, if you have never lost any of your Gtbank financial assets like ATM card or phone or bank security pin, you are shielded from this truth, but as soon as you lose any of the above, you are wide open for hackers to suck you dry.

You have been warned.

Re: How Gtbank Enabled Hackers To Empty My Account- Part 2 by Skillsnigeria: 9:21am On Jan 06, 2022
Hmmm, Nigeria bank

(1) (Reply)

Stewardship Of Dr. Lateef Olatunji, The 4th Rector Of FEDPOFFA / What NOBODY Tells You About Planning A WEDDING |these Things Will SHOCK� You / If You Are Into Nft's , Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.