Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,668 members, 7,951,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah (299 Views)

Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / Woman Injured In Taraba Explosion Breastfeeding Her Baby (Photo) / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah by TheDemola: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Nigerian singer, Modupe Olateru-Olagbegi, popularly known as Mo’Cheddah on Friday detailed her struggle with breastfeeding and mental health after childbirth.

The mother-of-one who welcomed her baby late last year noted that her mental and breastfeeding “weren’t a great pair” as a lactating mother.

Taking to her Instagram story, she wrote, “I struggled with my milk supply the first week after birth was hard; trying to get the baby to latch, being new at this, and being unable to sit because of stitches and hemorrhoids.

“My mental health and breastfeeding weren’t a great pair. So I took my time and did what I could, so obviously, my supply dropped drastically. I could barely pump a full ounce in one day.

“Now I’m feeling up to it again, so I started trying to re-lactate a couple of days ago; getting her to latch and pumping several times. I got nothing for the first two days( As in, not a drop!)”

Sharing a picture of a small bottle half filled with milk, the mother continued, “I tried again yesterday night and this morning, and this is what I got!! (Happy much). I’m staying hydrated, massaging the boobies, and pumping several times to get my supply back up.

“Staying happy for myself and baby T is what’s important to me, so I’ll keep trying to up my milk supply for as long as my mental health permits me.”

The new mum, who only unveiled her child’s face on Christmas day, had earlier revealed that she had hyperemesis gravidarum in the first 25 weeks of her pregnancy.

https://punchng.com/how-i-struggled-with-breastfeeding-mental-health-after-childbirth-singer-mocheddah/

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah by slawormiir: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Mothers are trying
Re: How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah by SportsHD: 7:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
Damn niggar
Re: How I Struggled With Breastfeeding, Mental Health After Childbirth – Mo’cheddah by Waakanda: 7:12am On Jan 08, 2022
Stay strong dear. You still have many more babies on the way cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Sitting Too Long Is Very Bad For Your Health / Cosmetic Solution For Missing Upper And Lower Teeth! / I Almost Had A Heart Attack The First Time Someone Criticized My Post!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.