Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,959 members, 7,963,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:31 AM

THE SOCCATOO (LATER SOKOTO) CALIPHATE'S AGENDA - FACEBOOK POSTS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE SOCCATOO (LATER SOKOTO) CALIPHATE'S AGENDA - FACEBOOK POSTS (293 Views)

Battle Of Otefan 1830: The Battle Where Oyo Defeated Sokoto Caliphate / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE SOCCATOO (LATER SOKOTO) CALIPHATE'S AGENDA - FACEBOOK POSTS by DeltaFire: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
THE SOCCATOO (LATER SOKOTO) CALIPHATE'S AGENDA
Ndidi Uwechue Facebook
8 Jan 2022

Source: https://web.facebook.com/Omoboriowooduduwa/posts/1345982505873546

“The Soccatoo (later Sokoto) caliphate's agenda was first revealed in 1822 to Captain Hugh Bain Clapperton of the British Naval intelligence who arrived in Soccatoo in March of that year following his appointment as the British military attaché to Soccatoo caliphate as it was then known and spelt by the first Sultan Mohammed Bello who was a Great great grandfather of Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello, Premier of the Northern Region. He said to Clapperton, "God has given me all the land of the infidel" repeating his father Usman Dan Fodio Bin Fudiye's political "jihad" war cry, "Take their houses, take their land for God has given me all the land of the infidel". Clapperton arrived in Soccatoo five years after his death in April 1817 and spoke to his son, warriors and followers.
It is documented in the Travels and Discoveries of Captain Clapperton, Major Dixon Denham and Dr Walter Oudney in the Soudan, published in 1830. Available at the British library, 4th floor, Rare books and music section, Euston Road, Kings Cross.

This was the reason why the Colonial Secretary Oliver Lyttleton later Lord Chandos proposed a confederation at the independence negotiations which took place at Lancaster House on the 31st of July 1953 and warned during the conference that "it is the presence of the British that is keeping Nigeria together, let nobody forget this", but the Southern protectorate of Nigeria's negotiators forgot and jettisoned the statement/assertion instantly. Chief Awolowo response, "As far as myself and my party are concerned, we shall subsume our differences for freedom, when we get freedom, we shall thrash out the details later". Sadly, the freedom never arrived and therefore independence in the Southern protectorate was just an illusion/mirage. We are paying the price. At the negotiation conference, Chief Akanbi Olabode Thomas Barrister at Law and Deputy leader of the Action group warned the members of the delegation, " awon people yi o kin se ara wa, e je ki won ma lo", but he was a lone voice. He died in mysterious circumstances a few months later in November 1953.”

My note: I did some research and there’s an e-book where the old name “Soudan” is now written as today’s “Central Africa”.
Title: Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa, in the years 1822, 1823, and 1824, by Major Denham, Captain Clapperton and the late Doctor Oudney ... With an appendix ... by Major D. Denham ... and Captain H. Clapperton [including "Translations from the Arabic, of various letters and documents, brought from Bornou and Soudan by Major Denham and Captain Clapperton. By A. Salame," "Botanical Appendix. By Robert Brown," and "Letter to Major Denham, on the rock specimens brought from Africa. By Charles Konig"]. [With plates and maps.]

Link: https://books.google.com.ng/books/about/Narrative_of_Travels_and_Discoveries_in.html?id=sfITAAAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y

https://web.facebook.com/ndidi.uwechue/posts/1274320299646601

(1) (Reply)

June 12 Elections: Can We Ever Experience Such Again ? / BREAKING NEWS : Akwa Ibom Council Chairman Suspended / Bode George: Nigeria’s Security Is Worse Under Buhari’s Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.