Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,239 members, 7,950,303 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? (831 Views)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? / Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by Ghabz(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
I own my POS Biz that i have been operating for over a year. I've seen different scenes where customer will come to scam us of the money in our hand (being money of either family memebers, friends or relatives), to assist our biz this drying time.

Unfortunately, this Thursday, Emmanuel with corper's hand book came to my shop to collect money. He did a transfer to me but wasn't successful. I was like this is a corper going for CDS and am once in his shoe, let me give him the money & i collect his number (hoping that he'l retry it). And that was how he went away with my money. I've tried his number several times but he refuse to pick my calls. I use a strange number to call him stil the same.

ps: I've not been so loose like this before...maybe that day wasn't my day sha.

PLS I STILL HAVE HIS NUMBER WITH ME, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE HE LIVES. I'LL APPERCIATE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME TRACE/TRACK HIM in other to collect my 10k back.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by Premiumwriter: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
You no try o.
Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by Ghabz(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Premiumwriter:
You no try o.
I know, what can i do?
Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by oazeez1991(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ghabz:
I own my POS Biz that i have been operating for over a year. I've seen different scenes where customer will come to scam us of the money in our hand (being money of either family memebers, friends or relatives), to assist our biz this drying time.

Unfortunately, this Thursday, Emmanuel with corper's hand book came to my shop to collect money. He did a transfer to me but wasn't successful. I was like this is a corper going for CDS and am once in his shoe, let me give him the money & i collect his number (hoping that he'l retry it). And that was how he went away with my money. I've tried his number several times but he refuse to pick my calls. I use a strange number to call him stil the same.

ps: I've not been so loose like this before...maybe that day wasn't my day sha.

PLS I STILL HAVE HIS NUMBER WITH ME, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE HE LIVES. I'LL APPERCIATE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME TRACE/TRACK HIM in other to collect my 10k back.
Thanks

Ur mistake is attaching emotion to ur buz which is not healthy in such line of business. As far as POS hustle is concern, every customer, just as every operator of the service is a potential scammer. Both the bushmeat and the hunter are liable to be taken advantage of.

Since u said u tried calling him with strange number, but he wasn't picking still, it might just be that something unfortunate happened to him that he couldn't attend to calls, but chances of him taking advantage of ur kind heart is on the high side. U tempted him bro which is not ideal with the present situation of the country. At first, he might have the intention of truly sending u the money, but temptation might just get the best of him by having a second thought about u not being able to locate him should he default, and the money would go a long way for his sustainability. It takes moral upbringing, fear of God and high level of discipline not to give in to such temptation with the country present situation.

My advise is for u to learn from it, count ur loss and moved on. Thou, it wouldn't be easy to just let go, but that appear to be the only viable option u are left with, unless miracle probably happen that he (corper) eventually fulfil his part of the bargain.

Sorry about it. May God reimburse ur loss.

4 Likes

Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by Premiumwriter: 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ghabz:
I know, what can i do?
check the number for truecaller.

If e bring name, search the name for Facebook

3 Likes

Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by lilioj: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Send a dm to eyeopener on Instagram, she will call him out and sharparly your money will be returned. Lucky you if you can get his pics. You can also go report him at his local government
Re: What I Face As A POS OPERATOR & Who Can Help? by mastertek: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
You just need to be patient and wait to be SCAM by different types of people with different method, by the time you lose 80% of your capital to fraudster, your brain will reset.

By then you will see everybody as potential scammer & the fear of loosing your money again will make you to stop attached emotions to your business

(1) (Reply)

Fredfrankhussle Is A Criminal Scammer...Beware !!! / Breaking: CBN Revokes Licenses Of Microfinance Banks In Nigeria! / Which Business Is Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.