Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

I Like The Catholic Church But..... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Like The Catholic Church But..... (359 Views)

Israel Liquidates Hezbollah Terrorist Who Bombed Catholic Church / Blast At Catholic Mass In Southern Philippines Leaves Four Dead. / Trump Addresses The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Like The Catholic Church But..... by Elbinawi: 1:50am On Jan 09, 2022
I Like the Catholic Church but.....

I once told a Christian Friend that if I were to be a Christian I will follow the Catholic Church because this Church is passionate about social services (Education & Healthcare).

Most of our famous schools in Nigeria were established by the Catholic Church. The government later collected most of them but their roots was the Catholic Church.

My only gross with the Catholic Church is the standard depriving their religious leaders of sex. This is gross institutional oppression. Jesus (as) never had sex because there was one Jesus. This policy failed woefully as many Popes had children without wives.

My family house in Kaduna is close to a 1930s Catholic Church. When we were growing up we knew the Reverend Father had concubines because his residence is inside the Church compound. I don't blame him because he needed an outlet.

There are innate nature that religion must provide a legal and legitimate solution. The man born with no Father does not need sex to survive but the Reverend Fathers and Popes need sex to survive. Depriving them of sex is religious oppression.

Some of us have hoped that the Catholic Church will revise this standard of sex deprivation of their religious leaders. Sex itself is not impure, sex out of wedlock is what is impure. Religious figures that has concubines should not come to the pulpit and tell their congregations that fornication and adultery are sins.

Late last year I saw the Catholic Church in France released the child sexual violations report by Catholic Priests, it was massive and shocking. If this violations will happen on children then how many women and girls are molested by Catholic Priests?

#NB: This Writer ✍️ is not criticizing the Catholic Church. I think some Christians share this same opinion on this with me.

I can be reached on elbinawi@yahoo.com. Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: I Like The Catholic Church But..... by yuping(m): 3:34am On Jan 09, 2022
undecided
Re: I Like The Catholic Church But..... by abeeee(m): 2:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
No one is forced to be a priest

If any one becomes a priest and still engages in sex....he has gone against the sacrament of holy order

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Russia: Putin To Oversee Huge Nuclear Drills Amid Ukraine Tension / This Putin Guy Is Getting Out Of Control / FULL DETAIL: Russian President Vladimir Putin Agrees To Meet Ukraine's President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.