Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,988 members, 7,915,885 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:51 AM

My Testimony!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Testimony!!! (689 Views)

My Testimony!! To God Be The Glory / My Testimony / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony!!! by istilbelieve: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Life was really good for a time until it wasn't. I was doing so well for myself, had no problems feeding, paying my 190k rent at Ogba, sponsored a guy at Yabatech up to ND level and was still able to send money to my family every month.

This is my testimony, pure truths.

I finished my national service in 2017 at Anambra and returned to Lagos with the sole aim of starting a business and by the grace of God, I was doing so well and was really on my way up.

Shortly before I decided to man up and leave Lagos, I found out I had depression.
The reason why I said I found out is because I woke up one morning and started crying profusely and unknowningly. I'm a very positive person and most times I don't allow man-made things to weigh me down but this was too difficult to take.

At first I did like any young man of 27 would do. I pretended I was ok, I lied to myself but here I am depressed and having suicidal thoughts and I need all the help I can.
I had returned to my home town to pursue a master's degree, so I thought to myself. But in reality I had fled to my hometown after my life had collapsed in Lagos. I once had a business, an apartment, did some teaching on the side at Ogba.

My aim was to start a logistics company then turn my food delivery business to a bigger restaurant. I was honestly doing well for myself but catastrophe struck and everything fell apart from there. This is what happened, I bought Keke and a bike and gave both out. Then Keke was 700k TVS king while bike Bajaj was 100k. I gave both out. After three months my Keke rider had life threatening accident at Allen and never recovered. He had a brain damaged while my Keke was damaged beyond repair. My rider had a family and I was the one helping the wife by giving her 5k every month and also paid the hospital bill. My food business stuffered and my operating cost was exceeding my revenue. I had to shut down for while. When the bike guy paid me all my money, I decided to run. I don't know what was happening to me. I became so down, demotivated and even had a nervous breakdown. It was as if was hit by a misfortune. I just don't know how it happened.

The situation that broke the camel's back.

I was at Allen to deliver food. I misplaced my android phone on a Friday but I didn't really care because my main line is in my small phone. Issue is the line linked with my savings is in the android and I don't touch that account no matter what. When I visited the bank after a week to deposit some money, I noticed my GT account was drained, My 374k gone just like that. I requested for my bank statement only to find out that the person who stole my phone used my line to buy airtime to my own line. He was just buying airtime with zero cash transactions. I lost everything from there and my motivation was gone. I wish I blocked my sim Immediately but I went about my biz which brought me to my knees.

It looked like it was a spiritual attack but I'll attribute my predicament to poor decision making and lack of emotional strength.

Everything I had built in Lagos fell apart. My rent was due things were happening so fast so I said to myself, once my rent is due, I'll leave town in order not to go mad and walk on the street of Lagos. I just needed a break. I thought going home would fix things, I thought using the bike money to get a one room, then start a master's degree would fix things but things became even tougher when I entered my state capital. It became so tough that I had to go to my village and stay for a while.

It was a real fall from grace.

I cried, I prayed but nothing was happening. I almost committed suicide but when I remember my mum and my future children, I knew I had to keep going. The money I had left was not enough for feeding not to talk of doing masters. It was really tough.

Staying in the village was brutal for a guy who has seen life in Lagos and enjoyed it. I eventually used my last cash to go to the state capital. I stayed in a church and got a teaching job that paid me 15k per month. I taught maths, economics and accounting. It was not a good experience but I had to endure. I saved enough to feed myself then save up to travel to Lagos. I've been in Lagos since 2008. I know Lagos and I know there are lots of opportunities there. I made a living in that city before castastrophe, poor planning and emotional breakdown took over my life. I'm now in Lagos after saving just enough to get me a few months. Spending time in the village almost ruined me that's why I decided to return to where I've been highly favoured before.

I want to use this medium to ask, to plead with well meaning Nigerians and nairalanders. I need some funding to kick-start my life again. I'll be grateful and won't let that person/people down. I can ride bike, Keke, even Toyota automatic cars. I have also had a good run when I was running my food delivery bussiness at Ogba. I am currently staying with a young boy I trained up to ND level at Yabatech at Ikorodu. But I know I can't overstay my welcome. I've talked to my friends but the story is same, they said they don't have money while some are married and I kind of understand the situation.

I returned to Lagos on January 01, 2022.

I want to add that whatever help I get here to stand again, the proceeds will be shared. One for charity/motherless and then myself. I've been a nairalander since November 2008, but I've never created a theead. I deactivated in 2019 when my life was in ruins but I'm back now. Thank you all for your time, God bless you all, Amen.

This like my testimony and everything I've said here is true.

Pls this is my mail

istilbelieve101@gmail.com

Thanks again.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

1 Like

Re: My Testimony!!! by istilbelieve: 8:55am On Jan 09, 2022
How do I get this moved to the fp
Re: My Testimony!!! by youngsahito(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2022
It would move itself their through grace...
Re: My Testimony!!! by istilbelieve: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2022
youngsahito:
It would move itself their through grace...

I hope so....
Re: My Testimony!!! by AVECDEO: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2022
You'll be alright.

Life is a cycle and things come around not to stay permanently but to test our resilience.

Just keep going at it and you'll wake up one day to remember this post with a smile of gratitude on your face.

I wish I could give you cash for a start up but in Peter's word "silver nor gold have I not but my prayer works wonders and it is upon you now".

I pray upon thee an accelerated success and that the glory of the latter shall be greatly formidable than the former in Jesus name...Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony!!! by SamuelTaiw0(m): 1:47am On Oct 04, 2022
I'm also just comiƱg out of a very much tough crash and can't help you financially. I hope you are okay now?
Re: My Testimony!!! by ahnie: 3:10am On Oct 04, 2022
Life really happens.
I understood everything you wrote up there,I have bn in such sail several times.

I m a very hard working n resilient lady who hardly give up inspire of everything.
I would advise you to start by saving lil amounts of money no matter how little

Don't worry your story would change soonest take a lead from the story of the owner of sapphire scents.

However may helpers locate you soonest.
Re: My Testimony!!! by boldx(m): 4:29am On Oct 04, 2022
Young man, thank God for your testimony. God will complete what he has started in your life. I may not be able to help you with cash at the moment but this is one thing I picked from your testimony.

You can teach. That means you are intelligent. Submit your CV in tutorial schools and get a part time job. Some pay reasonably well. Do that for now and please don't put too much pressure on yourself so that you don't have a nervous breakdown. You need a balanced mental health to go through the next phase of life. May the God of all grace be with you, Amen.
Re: My Testimony!!! by cayorday89(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Very sad to read, please to all those who are saving massively for any purpose, the best is to not link your account to any sim or at most disable online transaction and ussd code.. I purposely dialed my bank's ussd code and I input wrong pin when I was asked to only to get the message that my account has been blocked from using ussd for the wrong pin. The day I misplaced my phone on a weekend I just transfered the money in my day to day account to my sister's account pending when I get my sim back.

OP, you stay in Ikorodu but a former colleague sent a message to me yesterday on keke looking for a trustworthy person, he stays in Command Area at Ipaja..

Pleasant evening oo..
Someone is in need of a reliable person who is interested in driving Keke maruwa( used) as installment or delivery at a low cost.
*Chat me up if you have or can refer someone*

I can speak with him if he is okay with it and give you his number to chat with.
Re: My Testimony!!! by emmanuelbrown26: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
If to say na Ariaria, ABA u dey now, I for link u with person wey fit borrow u capital to start ur food business. But since na Lagos, I no dey put mouth again, after one idiot useless my friend business.

(1) (Reply)

Portharcourt: Let Me Be Your Foodstuff Supply Plug!!! / How God Saved Me From A Distress House / What Is Your Advice To Those Getting Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.