Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,689 members, 7,951,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? (1071 Views)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Married Women: The Skyrocketing Rise In Adultery In Nigeria. / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by SeaTrade(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2022
I personally don't think it's hardship.Its beginning to look like greed to me.People want things their social status are not suppose to have,kind of like lack of contentment or so.
People you don't even know go say make you do Christmas for them, Go to social media,all account numbers you see in comment sections are Nigerian,all security guards have 2 jobs,one is guarding the place and the other is begging and they've all mastered the act of puppydogface,its crazy.Child beggars,teenage beggars,even people that are trading something also have begging as side hustle,etc...What's happening?
You give them today,tomorrow they'll still beg you and act upset when you don't give them.
I have worked a lot in poorer African countries even worse than Nigeria.Why is it not so in those places? undecided
Nigerian Parents,teach all these children you people are shittinģ up and down like Hot rabbits content,stop glorifying money in the presence of your kids and accept reality.No be everybody go make am,if e be easy you sef no for poor dey recycle generational poverty for your kindred and increasing national poverty by birthing hundreds of destitute kids.
Money is a process filled achievement that comes with mastery of a skillset via learning or intuition and comes by selling these values,but you see Nigerians everywhere with no single value to exchange for money ,neither do they have the patience and endurance to master these things all glorifying money and want it so bad in exchange for nothing.How??
And please,this nonsense is peculiar to Nigeria and have been so even before buhari,so all the political influencers should carry that talk one side.
I think Nigeria needs iron hands again to curb many of these indiscipline.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by SeaTrade(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
Even the Nigerian corporate sphere isn't left out,same behaviour.
So now you see that poverty isn't the problem because these people earn an income that they signed up for.
If the pay wasn't good enough to carer for them,they wouldn't have taken these jobs in the first place.Now you see.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by sirp9898(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
SeaTrade:
I personally don't think it's hardship.Its beginning to look like greed to me.People want things their social status are not suppose to have,kind of like lack of contentment or so.
People you don't even know go say make you do Christmas for them, Go to social media,all account numbers you see in comment sections are Nigerian,all security guards have 2 jobs,one is guarding the place and the other is begging and they've all mastered the act of puppydogface,its crazy.Child beggars,teenage beggars,even people that are trading something also have begging as side hustle,etc...What's happening?
You give them today,tomorrow they'll still beg you and act upset when you don't give them.
I have worked a lot in poorer African countries even worse than Nigeria.Why is it not so in those places? undecided
Nigerian Parents,teach all these children you people are shittinģ up and down like Hot rabbits content,stop glorifying money in the presence of your kids and accept reality.No be everybody go make am,if e be easy you sef no for poor dey recycle generational poverty for your kindred and increasing national poverty by birthing hundreds of destitute kids.
Money is a process filled achievement that comes with mastery of a skillset via learning or intuition and comes by selling these values,but you see Nigerians everywhere with no single value to exchange for money ,neither do they have the patience and endurance to master these things all glorifying money and want it so bad in exchange for nothing.How??
And please,this nonsense is peculiar to Nigeria and have been so even before buhari,so all the political influencers should carry that talk one side.
I think Nigeria needs iron hands again to curb many of these indiscipline.

Even you op is a confuse nigerian
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
sirp9898:

Even you op is a confuse nigerian

Can you tell us how you arrived at that? Or are you one of the unrepentant beggars?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by DontBullshitMe: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fair Point.

It is lack of contentment and nothing more. That wish and desire to acquire things that your productivity can not adequately fund. Same thing that pushes people to criminal activities but they excuse that on the alter of bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by Onedayoneday: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
There are things you can't change in life. Begging has been in existence far before you were born and is not stopping in this generation.
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by sirp9898(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Can you tell us how you arrived at that? Or are you one of the unrepentant beggars?
If Nigeria is a sane country no body will beg but here few people in the name of being in power will take everything to theirselves and give the mass little.
That is why everyone is draging and fighting for power so they can loot as much as they can.
Abusing govt powers and empoverishing the masses.
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by SeaTrade(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
sirp9898:

If Nigeria is a sane country no body will beg but here few people in the name of being in power will take everything to theirselves and give the mass little.
That is why everyone is draging and fighting for power so they can loot as much as they can.
Abusing govt powers and empoverishing the masses.
But the people they are harassing with begging are not the looters and government officials na.
They are still average people that hustle for their daily bread,just like them except that they have self respect and dignity and are conscious of what their productivity can purchase ,unlike them(beggars).
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by Elsueno: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
angry

Bros/Oga abeg help me, I never chop today. I don't search for work tire but nothing!

The annoying part is some of them are even fatter than you!
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by sirp9898(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
SeaTrade:
But the people they are harassing with begging are not the looters and government officials na.
They are still average people that hustle for their daily bread,just like them except that they have self respect and dignity and are conscious of what their productivity can purchase ,unlike them(beggars).
Because you are lucky to have something doing pray you don't wear the shoe they are wearing then you will understand
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by Kaycee54321(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Begging is sky-rocketing today, not necessarily because of economic hardship but because the content of the average Nigerian's character has become worse over time.

These days, in Nigeria, if you're kind hearted, you're most likely going to be a maga for someone who is soliciting for one form of help or another. That's why there are many "formats" nowadays which people employ to reap where they didn't sow...Some will tell a sob story and then use reverse psychology to imply that they aren't begging, some will use "appeal to pity" and add God to the equation just to get people drop funds...and on and on and on...

Sad thing is, just like Yahoo boys and technical prostitutes (who sell themselves sexually to the highest bidder), these "beggars" often have a feeling of accomplishment that they have used Street sense to obtain funds when any individual caves in to their demands...that's why they will consistently keep begging you/milking you once you drop the first time...

I learnt all this the very hard way.
The average Nigerian today (3 times out of 5) is an opportunistic individual looking to rip you off one way or another if you "loseguard"...

Like this, e get one carpenter wey I don almost pay 90 percent of funds (close to 120k) required to complete some minor repairs... simply because I was kind hearted foolish enough to believe that he was a man of principle and I innocently naively mobilised him for the sake of his young family...and because I gave him my word several months back that I'd give him the job even when I'd already seen cheaper alternatives

It's almost been a month of "I go do am tomorrow" and I've decided to just let go, learn my lessons and do the needful next time.

Begging in Nigeria, today?
It's just another brand of low risk fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by SeaTrade(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
sirp9898:

Because you are lucky to have something doing pray you don't wear the shoe they are wearing then you will understand
You don't know me or the troubles/trauma/lows I have been through.
Stop assuming what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by yuping(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
SeaTrade:

undecided pray make SAPA no hold you. But this begging is so common now before you chat 2 lines na billing, some people do it just so they can see if they might get lucky.
God cover us.
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by gnhpowerhouse: 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
Better to beg than Going to Steal ,There are Beggers all over the World .It won't end it will continue in as much as there are no Abundant and Enough .

Weak Erections and Premature Ejaculations .My Solutions is 1 Million % Potent and Effective , Check my Signature below.
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by gfon(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
It's better they beg you than rob you.We still have genuine folks that beg due to circumstances beyond their control,the effect of covid is still affecting plenty of families.If you lucky to still afford some basic needs,just thank God.A paint of garri goes for #1200-1500 now!!! And most folks salaries isn't getting increased but rather they are being owed.My policy has always been if i have i would give to anyone in need,las las we all would die and nobody is gonna take his or her riches 6ft below.
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by Polynek(m): 3:53am On Jan 10, 2022
Keep quiet abeg, U think they happy begging in the streets?
If tinx are going well 4 you jox thank your GOD
Many are going 2tru hell in Dix country angry
Re: Why Is Begging Skyrocketing In Nigeria? by cayorday89(m): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2022
SeaTrade:
You don't know me or the troubles/trauma/lows I have been through.
Stop assuming what you don't know.
This here is the most annoying aspect and you begin to think when I was lat that level I did not go up and down bugging people for money... I never make money ooo but I try to spend within my budget and deny myself so many things just to have emergency funds I can run to in times of need.
sirp9898:

Na true you talk but the fact still remains, you can still be poor and still not be a PERPETUAL beggar as long as you have something coming in for you. Imagine someone earning a certain sum of money, spend it on irrelevant things and consistently beg people to buy them ice-cream, data, snacks, even GOtv subscription and so many irrelevant things that does not guaranty your daily survival. Even the person you are begging for these irrelevant things has long ago cut off those things to be able to cope with his/her own budget and income...

Begging is not actually the problem but what these set of people beg for, how they consistently beg and their consistency in the act of begging. You Get Now?

(1) (Reply)

Never Make The Mistake I Made. When Opening A Business / Men, Don't Act Stupidly. / Another Sharing Of Half Bag Of Rice Tomorrow At Customs Office Off Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.