Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? (380 Views)

Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company / 30-Woman National Team Players Packed In A 14 Seater Bus In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by ogbiwa: 8:31am On Jan 10, 2022
Yes this is an opinion thread from yours truly.

I watched the AFCON opener yesterday between Cameroon and Burkina Faso and I must say, while the general quality of the football wasn't at par with Europe, but there was no dull moment throughout the 90 minutes.
The competition, the tackles, the long range shots, the general atmosphere, I must say it has something the Europeans don't have. There was a distinct African feel that you don't get in other competitions. Think about it, think back to the past 4 world cups: Russia, Brazil, South Africa and Germany. With the exception of what happened on the pitch, which one still evokes a nostalgic memory? It's south Africa. Who can forget the vuvuzelas, Waka waka, the African dances etc?

Like I said, it's an opinion thread, but if all other games match cameroon's match yesterday, then I must say it will be a great tournament to watch.

Say what you like about Africa, but AFCON is our own. Not Euros or Copa, but AFCON.

And for all comments already ridiculing the comparison, first, the comparison is not in quality of football but rather in drama and atmosphere, which African football has in quantum.
That you're a white man's stooge doesn't also mean you should be a white man's slave and dash him your brain. Yes Africa has major major issues which is no secret, but atleast have some backbone and personal honor rather than going all master worship on everything that has to do with the white man. You're African, not European.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by ArchiLimited: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Great match yesterday tbh. But those Burkina Faso defenders need to be banned from football. Ogini?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by Kriss216: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Trying to compare AFCON with EUROS should be treated as an act of terrorism in a sane country.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by WibusJaga: 8:39am On Jan 10, 2022

Abeg no comparison. An European soccer fan watching AFCON will probably spit on the TV. cheesy
But just loved the VAR that was introduced because African referees sabi kill game with poor officiating.
Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by paulolee(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2022
AFCON does it for me especially in term of drama, me n my guys jus de laff all tru yesterday Cameroon match.
bukina were just too inexperienced, giving away so many needlees fouls, the only star man, dier captain traore kum de form messi for pitch, hardly a defend n wants all the pass to pass through him.
as for ft first penalty, the reff dis his own drama, he saw dt it was a clear penalty bt still went to check his VAR monitor to be extra sure..
one guy for the bar jus shout "this Mumu refree jus wan show the world say AFCON don dey use VAR" Omo we all burst laff..
Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by paulolee(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Great match yesterday tbh. But those Burkina Faso defenders need to be banned from football. Ogini?
u jus said my mind....that second penalty was just too funny....who does that?
Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by ogbiwa: 8:47am On Jan 10, 2022
Kriss216:
Trying to compare AFCON with EUROS should be treated as an act of terrorism in a sane country.

You didn't read and understand the post. I'm not comparing them in quality, but in drama and atmosphere.
Re: Opinion: AFCON Or Euros, Which Is More Dramatic And Action Packed? by Solsix(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2022
Kriss216:
Hahahaha my belle oo

(1) (Reply)

Combination Bet Winning / Roma Fc, Mourinho Into UEFA Conference League Final / Man City's Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Voted Premier League's Player Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.