Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,560 members, 7,951,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend (510 Views)

5 Things You Will Never Catch A Drummer Doing (i) / 40 Funny Pictures To Spice Your Weekend / A Drummer's Imagination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend by jamerflepz(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
They say you’ve got to have multiple sources of income if you want to make it big or you want to survive in this our dear country Nigeria, coz one hustle equal to no hustle at all. They say if you’re not hustling, grinding and suffering then you are not ready for success.

For me the goal has always been to play the drums and make money from playing alone. I have always believed in this quote “make your passion your profession and work will become play”. Beautiful quote by the way.

Coz who says you can’t become a millionaire from playing the drums alone, who? I have seen others do it, so it is not impossible.

But.

I have come to realize that not everyone will have it that smooth. Not every drummer is gonna make so much money from playing the drums alone, in fact some won’t even make any at all. As sad as it sounds, that is the reality that we live in.

So, what do we do? Or what did I do, coz I happen to be amongst the caliber of drummers that are making little to nothing from playing just the drums.

LEARN A SKILL. START A BUSSINESS. GET A JOB. TRY SOMETHING NEW

Easier said than done. But I had to. I just had to. So, 2020 (the pandemic year) and thanks to YouTube, I started my lessons on DATA ANALYSIS and it has been a rollercoaster.

Not like I am making millions from Data Analysis right now but it’s better than just depending on the drums alone. If one doesn’t pay, the other might must pay.

Am I still optimistic about playing the drums and making good money from it? YES, I AM but if it doesn’t happen, IT IS WHAT IT IS. We move. Lol.

So right now, I am a Drummer and a freelance Data Analyst. I do both well. Very well.

This is Twenty – Twenty – Two……… the goal is to keep the passion alive and also try not to be broke. LOL.

#Peace.
Re: Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend by doggedfighter(f): 12:03am On Jan 11, 2022
I am happy for you cheesy

And I am rooting for you too.

More milestones

More money

More wins cool
Re: Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend by na2ural: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Greatness man. I am just like you. Cloud Engineer during the week, Drummer during the weekend.

I also hope to be big from Drumming. I play for one of the big acts at a point. But money no just follow as much as I loved drumming. Same 2020, I learnt small coding, then cloud computing. Got my AWS cert and now, IT is bring decent pay. Drumming is making me happier as always. All go pay at last.

#cheers to our dreams brother.
Re: Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend by olu0okanlanwon: 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
cheesy
Re: Data Analyst On Weekdays. Drummer On Weekend by 151tife: 8:08am On Jan 17, 2022
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

So Funny! See Reasons Why Ladies Don't Wear Pants (a Must Watch Video) / December 15th 2015, I Became A Full Time Nairalander. My Story, Share Yours. / What Profitable Business Can You Start With 100k In This Present Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.