Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,751 members, 7,938,303 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? (303 Views)

Get Your Grammarly Premium Account / Premium Grammarly Account For Sale: Just ₦3000 / I Want To Buy A Grammarly Premium Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2022
kiss
Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2022
Writers, please don't ignore. We all learn from someone.
Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by drippingink3: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
THERe are times when telling is just right rather showing. Just because you are advise to show rather than don't mean you do it all the time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by laurenwhite(f): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
With a heavy sigh, Daniella pushed the door open and trudged into the room.

instead of

Daniella entered the room. She was very tired.

Something like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
laurenwhite:
With a heavy sigh, Daniella pushed the door open and trudged into the room.

instead of

Daniella entered the room. She was very tired.

Something like that.

Wow... thank you kiss
Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2022
drippingink3:
THERe are times when telling is just right rather showing. Just because you are advise to show rather than don't mean you do it all the time.

Oh, so I can't do it all the time?
Re: How Do You Show Not Tell? And, Also, How Can I Get A Grammarly Account? by drippingink3: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
Yeah. There times when you reach a part in your novel that requires a fast pace and showing rather than telling holds the story back and makes it cumbersome.

Sometimes, saying, for instance,
He plunge the knife into his chest.
Might read better than describing the process of him raising the knife and stabbing it.

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Quote With Onyi... / Never Lose A Person Who..( Sincere And Intimate Quotes About Relationships) / The Rejected World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.