Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,569 members, 7,937,597 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Journey To Becoming - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Journey To Becoming (146 Views)

The Journey To Riches Starts Now / Medical School: The Journey / The Journey Of My Life After Secondary School Into The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Journey To Becoming by covenantsat(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
THE JOURNEY TO BECOMING

As I celebrate my 28th birthday today, it reminds me of how I emerged against all odds.

14 years ago, I lost the manuscript of my first book on my editor’s desk. I never gave up!

In 2018, when I decided to launch my first book (not the one I lost), I was attacked by robbers, and the manuscript set for editing was stolen along with my phone at gunpoint. That was the terrible mistake I made because I had no backup elsewhere.

All these happened, yet I never gave up.

I re-wrote the entire book, this time with more compelling and life-transforming wisdom.

I was done writing and ready for publishing. So I reached out to an influencer, what many up and coming writers do and is called seeking validation.

The so-called influencer under minutes after I sent him the book via WhatsApp gave feedback that left me in pain. He said, “You don’t have a message.”

Hahahah…. That was the worst thing I have ever heard on my writing journey. Thankfully, I never take it to heart.

I simply sent the same manuscript to four different editors most of which were authors too. One of them would always call me and shout over the phone, “Covenant, this is original.” The other later told me that going through my book encouraged him to pick up his uncompleted book.

I was wondering what else changed about the same book that made someone say I don't have a message.

Hmmm…. The worst thing that can happen to a dreamer is to have the wrong midwife to help in birthing her dream. Seek validation but don’t be addicted to it. Seek people's opinion about your next big move but don’t be crippled if it turns out to be what you never expected. Learn to accept yourself first before looking for who will accept you. That way, you can never lose yourself in the process.

The other day I was consulting for a client who has been struggling with writing her first book. She had a similar encounter with a friend who she sought validation from and so she gave up on the book. I asked where the book was and then she told me she discarded it.

Today, I share my story in other to encourage you to pursue your dreams regardless of what anybody says. Do that next big thing.

In 2018, I published my first book DESTINED BUT DISTRACTED as an ebook. I never knew it will take me this far. A man in Rwanda got the book and asked me to work on the publishing of his book. That was how I got paid my first dollar.

The demand for my book became so high. Some people requested for the hardcopy. That was how a once broke guy singlehandedly published the hard copy of the book four months after the initial launch.

I sent copies home, any one who saw it with my dad wished to have a copy.

I got a report from two persons who bought the book that their copies were stolen from them. Then it occurred to me that people don’t steal valueless things.

Today, I have 10 profitable books to my name and have raised over 40 authors across Ghana, Nigeria, Cameron, and Rwanda in the past 3 years.

Three years later, the same influencer who said I don’t have a message reached out to apply as a content writer on my website.

My dear friend, there is a book in you.

Not just a book, but one that is capable of enriching you.

A book that will outlive you and leave your memories on the sand of time.

You have a unique story and experience that can impact lives even after you are far gone from this earth.

You have a business strategy that can be shared with those struggling at it.

You have a skill and knowledge that can be transferred to another.

You are a colossus! Don't die with it, share it with the world and get paid for it.

This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.

Today is my birthday and I am giving away all the books I have to my name.

With a token of 1000 naira, these 10 game changer ebooks will be yours.
1. DESTINE BUT DISTRACTED (Find the courage to rise above mediocrity).

2. THINK WHITEBOAD ANIMATION (How to use whiteboard animated video to increase sales).

3. CHURCH MEDIA TOOLS (Best practices to operating a virtual Church).

4. EVERYTHING EBOOK (A step-by-step guide to ebook formatting/publishing). It comes with video tutorials.

5. HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS (Turn your social media posts into a monetizable ebook in 7 days).

6. REAL MEN WALK AWAY (For young men struggling through the pain of rejection, the sting of betrayal and the anguish of living in an abusive relationship).

7. NEGOTIATE YOUR WAY OUT OF LACK (How to use what you’ve got to get what you want).

8. HOW TO CREATE, AUTOMATE & MONETIZE YOUR ONLINE COURSES. It comes with video tutorials.

9. WHY MEN GET STRANDED.

10. HOW TO WRITE YOUR FIRST BOOK (Go from a blank page to a published author in 30 days) It comes with video tutorials.

These are ebook worth 12,000 naira in total but you have them today for 1000 naira only.

Ten (10) powerful ebooks to help you make this new year a great one.

Pay 1000 naira into the account below:

Saturday Covenant N.
FCMB

Send proof of payment via WhatsApp to +2348161657411 or email sneenorbari@gmail.com

PS: This birthday bumper offer is only valid within the next 24 hours.

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Standard Book Report In 2022 / Algeria Scholarship-2022 Guideline / How To Be Self Encouraged As A Person || Very Interesting Encouragement Words &

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.