Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,748 members, 7,969,192 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:02 PM

2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari (18654 Views)

2023: Osinbajo’s Presidential Posters Flood Osun / 2023 : Osinbajo A Leader On The Wings Of Grace / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Testimony1988(m): 8:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Any aspirant who does not have listening ears shouldn't contest, I trust Mr president will give his blessings to Prof Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Generalkaycee(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2022
What's the meaning of Maxi Bola Tinubu?
Yeye BMC
piggyyeasterner:
It is Maxi Bola Ikemba Tinubu or death
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by completeskills(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2022
Interesting....the only person who cannot run for 2023 presidential election is Buhari. Every other Nigerian is free to contest.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by humberjade: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2022
Halopy:
The truth is Osinbajo is Buhari's plan A and Jonathan is Buhari's plan B.

Don't forget Ameachi too...the guy is too silent for comfort grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Xhuntra: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2022
piggyyeasterner:
It is Maxi Bola Ikemba Tinubu or death

na u and ur family get the death abi?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by LivingSage: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2022
Igbo candidate can not win election in Nigeria of today. That's just the fact.

Meanwhile it'll be a political harakiri for APC to give ticket to Igbo candidate.

bolaayenimo:
Interesting times ahead. What if Umahi is Buhari's candidate to placate Igbos?
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by humberjade: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Far from the truth...Buharis plan A is actually Ameachi/Pantami ticket ...you heard it here first

I suspect that too...just that I am not sure about Pantami...with his antecedents it is dangerous for any political party to have him on the ballot...not now that the country's unity is shaky...fingers crosssed
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by JuanDeDios: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2022
seunmsg:
So, what happens if the president refuse to give him a clear directive to go ahead and contest?
So you're supporting Tinubu, a business-as-usual type who will keep the status quo and probably spend time in London hospitals like Buhari, over Osinbajo, a fit and intelligent man who understands business and has shown that he can do a good job in the few opportunities he's had? Interesting.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 12, 2022
Halopy:

Jonathan may be some people's plan but it isnt Buhari's. Buhari will never endorse Jonathan after moaning about all the looting that happened under his admistration, after spending his entire tenure complaining about the mess the PDP and Jonathan left behind. Just engaging a single brain cell out of the billions God endowed every human being with will tell anyone that there is no way Buhari will spend his tenure trying to build infrastructure and recover looted funds then want to hand over to Jonathan. Like I said some power brokers may want Jonathan but not Buhari.

handing over to Jonathan is assured destruction of his legacy.......whatever that may be.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by RiceProducers: 8:41am On Jan 12, 2022
bolaayenimo:

Umahi WAS Buhari's candidate to placate Igbos before now.
Why would he want to placate Igbos now?.
The moment has gone for ever.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by kaunafemzy: 8:41am On Jan 12, 2022
Na wa ooo
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by emmykk(m): 8:41am On Jan 12, 2022
Halopy:

You seems to be correct and they are both christain
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 12, 2022
bolaayenimo:

what makes you think Buhari has any plans to placate ibos?
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by emmykk(m): 8:50am On Jan 12, 2022
helinues:
I know some things for sure.

Both Tinubu and Osinbajo can't contest Apc primary together.

Whoever that might be really interested in the Apc presidency, both Osinbajo and Tinubu must have talked about it extensively..

Buhari self dey play along

That 2 of them are interested at the same time na just one of the cards to win 2023 election

What kind of card is that? Jonathan is coming to Apc
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by kayuseful: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2022
Osibanjo is a very smart guy
See the response of his aide
His media team is behind all these
I tell you that man already started planning his presidential ambition from day 1 he became vp
People think he is just a technocracy who doesn't really know politics, I laff

He will be another OBJ except that he's got no military in his blood. He knows how to enter people's hearts, how to deal with the young and old. He's very smart

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Enyimbamercedes: 8:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Lol!

VP in charge of the economy is awaiting directives from the people who have tied him up!

A pastor and a SAN in an administration that’s flouts the rule of law and persecutes people of his religion.

May God not allow me lose my conscience and be silent because of the food I’m eating

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by koresh: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
Though Tinubu is big wing in political arena of this Nation but Osinbajo is more vibrant and he is competent to pivot our affairs. I hope Tinubu will see reasons to push Osinbajo candidacy rather than his own personal ambition but now that Tinubu has openly declared his interest to contest. Finger crossed.
I will always prefer Tinubu over Osinbajo just as the fulanis would always prefer Osinbajo over Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Ihuomanice1(f): 9:03am On Jan 12, 2022
Osibanjo , Tinubu insha Allah
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by AntonVince: 9:07am On Jan 12, 2022
yanabasee:
So, Osinbajo is now answerable to Buhari.... But he was formerly answerable to the game master who placed him below Buhari....

His loyalty shifted and this is a terrible move for a supposed president....

Also, Waiting to be told what to do means he's going to be a puppet as a president...

[s]We need a man that will never be controlled by any cabal or group of people....

Tinubu!![/s]

Which Tinubu will not be controlled?
This same one *ss-licking everyone up and down?

We don't need age-cheating bullion van-carrrying robbers in Aso Rock.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by seunmsg(m): 9:08am On Jan 12, 2022
JuanDeDios:

So you're supporting Tinubu, a business-as-usual type who will keep the status quo and probably spend time in London hospitals like Buhari, over Osinbajo, a fit and intelligent man who understands business and has shown that he can do a good job in the few opportunities he's had? Interesting.

Where in my post did you get the part in bold from?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
Though Tinubu is big wing in political arena of this Nation but Osinbajo is more vibrant and he is competent to pivot our affairs. I hope Tinubu will see reasons to push Osinbajo candidacy rather than his own personal ambition but now that Tinuba has openly declared his interest to contest. Finger crossed.

Osinbajo is intellectually competent but being president of Nigeria is more than intellect. Some people shine under the umbrella of strongmen but once out of that umbrella they crumble. I seriously doubt Osinbajo has the capacity to handle the power blocks...to start with he doesnt have a political power base, if he ends up president then it will come at a cost to relationship with the Tinubu faction which holds the real power in the SW, which ultimately means he will be swimming in a shark infested waters of Abuja on his own without full support of the SW political machinery. Another problem with Osinbajo as president is that whoever is his VP will ultimately prove a problem for him because it will be an ambitious Northerner. i suspect if osinabjo becomes president, it will be his VP running the show.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Anndrew(m): 9:10am On Jan 12, 2022
perambulator:

Jonathan may be some people's plan but it isnt Buhari's. Buhari will never endorse Jonathan after moaning about all the looting that happened under his admistration, after spending his entire tenure complaining about the mess the PDP and Jonathan left behind. Just engaging a single brain cell out of the billions God endowed every human being with will tell anyone that there is no way Buhari will spend his tenure trying to build infrastructure and recover looted funds then want to hand over to Jonathan. Like I said some power brokers may want Jonathan but not Buhari.

handing over to Jonathan is assured destruction of his legacy.......whatever that may be.
just like Joe bidden supporting Donald Trump to succeed him after 2025
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Tareq1105: 9:11am On Jan 12, 2022
bolaayenimo:

So be it.

What we need is food, employments, security, better international image, stronger currency, reduction in prices of commodities, better life for citizenry are what we want.

My vote goes to any candidate that can make the above happen irrespective of his/her Party.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by Starz825(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2022
Tinubu is bigger than osibanjo when it comes to general politics in Nigeria, no doubt...
But the truth remains that Nigeria isn't Lagos where tinubu is 100. In control of her polity....

Osibanjo will be banking on that fact.

Even the north will prefer osibanjo to tinubu..

But as per say na Naija.... tinubu go win...
And osibanjo no get strong head like that..so no qualms ...

And pls... buhari is not in the right position to anoint any candidate, his anointing is useless and needless,... anybody anointed by the current president will fail...after his tenure he should just pack and go.. that's all

Meanwhile, Make Jonathan forget that Post ooo...
He is not getting there...he only has four years...even if the north want to come back to power...the south must serve her 8 years first before anything...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by juman(m): 9:24am On Jan 12, 2022
He is buharis candidate.
The candidate of apc.
Obviously.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by ejimatic: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2022
hisexcellency34:
TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI; TONY EZIMAKOR

https://independent.ng/2023-presidency-why-tinubus-declaration-wont-stop-osinbajo-vp-aide/
. 2023 is for the clash of the Titans in politics.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by MPESA(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2022
CamusMidas:

And you typed this with a straight face?

Why crying on his opinion.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by frugal(m): 9:31am On Jan 12, 2022
AutoBodyParts:
Osibanjo should rest jare. He is just Buhari Pro Max
I know you don't believe that.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by BIGDADDY000(m): 9:32am On Jan 12, 2022
helinues:
I know some things for sure.

Both Tinubu and Osinbajo can't contest Apc primary together.

Whoever that might be really interested in the Apc presidency, both Osinbajo and Tinubu must have talked about it extensively..

Buhari self dey play along

That 2 of them are interested at the same time na just one of the cards to win 2023 election

That 2 of them are interested at the same time na just one of the cards to win 2023 election[
God will really bless you about this statement, but people don't see the hand writing on the chalk board.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Awaits Directives From Buhari by jaxxy(m): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2022
Osinbajo is100time better than tinubu as president. This is the fact!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia: Mahmud Mohammed Queries Auta Over Conflicting Rulings / Imprisonment Of Inibehe Effiong Was Unconstitutional - Nigerian Bar Association / Coastal Highway: It's An Insult To Call Our Ancestral Villages Shanties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.