Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,025 members, 7,946,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

20 Corpses Found At Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha (1203 Views)

Ritualists Murder 6 Women In Ikorodu, Dump Corpses In Ikorodu Lagos Carnal (Pics / Women Stripped At Onitsha Market For Stealing Bales Of Clothes (offensive Pics) / Finally, Corpses Of Victims Of Calabar Killer Cops Found [very Graphic Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by sinie: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
It was a horrible sight at a tunnel at Upper Iweka area of Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra state, as more than 20 corpses and carcasses suspected to have been murdered by ritualists and armed robbers were recovered by a government task force.

Saturday Sun gathered that a joint team of soldiers and members of Anambra State task force on crime prevention had stormed a concrete tunnel located at the foot of an MTN mast, within the popular Upper Iweka axis, where they discovered the corpses.

Also found inside the tunnel, it was gathered, were human parts, arms and ammunition, gallons of raw acid (both empty and filled up ones), food items and mattresses believed to be owned by a gang of criminals operating within the Upper Iweka axis and terrorising travelers who arrived Onitsha late or too early.

As at the time of filing this report yesterday, more corpses were being removed from the tunnel, as members of the task force combed the surrounding bush.   
The discovery of these corpses, it was observed, followed an alarm raised by a lady, who was being raped by hoodlums inside the tunnel at 6am yesterday morning.  
According to the source, “the hoodlums had abducted the lady traveller, dragged her into the tunnel, dispossessed her of all personal belongings, stripped her and raped her in turns.

Her scream attracted passers-by, who attracted members of the government task force on crime control.  
“As the rapists sighted the task force men approaching the tunnel, they abandoned their victim, jumped into a surrounding bush and dispersed, while the police took the victim to a hospital, where she allegedly died.”
  Saturday Sun gathered that members of the task force gave the hoodlums a hot chase and succeeded in arresting one of them at Ochanja market. He was handed over to the police.  
The source further disclosed that a team of soldiers on patrol arrived and assisted the task force in recovering the corpses and arms in the tunnel.

Among the bodies found, was a decomposing one, suspected to be a corps member, who adorned his uniform. Another corps was in military uniform. Chairman of the Anambra State Task Force, Mr. Onuoha, confirmed the incident and described it as unfortunate. He called on security agencies to brace up the challenges of ensuring security.

Onuoha said that feelers have revealed that Upper Iweka is the most dangerous part of Onitsha. He said that the area had become a death trap, especially for travellers who are coming into the city late or early.
 When contacted, the area commander in charge of Onitsha, Mr. Larry Osita, said that the area has been known for crime. He said also that there is a high level of jungle justice in the area, as residents kill suspected armed robbers and dumped them inside the tunnel without letting the police know.

He however promised to call our reporter back when he must have contacted the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area. He did not call back at the time of filling this report.
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by oderemo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2011
these igbo mudafukas.
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
ode remo:

these igbo mudafukas.

It doesn't pay to give a tribalist slant to any given crime.
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by JLYASDI: 9:51am On Jun 29, 2011
Ndi Igbo ozo kwa? grin
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by agitator: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2011
ode remo:

these igbo mudafukas.

no be small thing o angry angry angry
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by 1025: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2011
fresh air 2011. insecurity here and there. i am from imo state and if anyone says ndi igbo, i have no reason to be angry about that.
i don't believe in ppl getting angry about this tribal issues. let us embrace the truth and that alone will set us free. mend is a tribal group, boko haram has it's tribal base while public looters like obasanjo, bode george and bankole among others are of a particular tribe so what do we expect of these corpses recovered in onitsha? na we the igbos get am and that is our own quota in the corruption that has taken over this country.
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by Egbagirl(f): 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Jus wondering (honestly), Didn't this make the frontpage some weeks ago Why is it up again?? Is there something that we are supposed to notice?
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by omodapson(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
ode remo:

these  igbo mudafukas.
What does that mean? Grow up please.
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by DAY12(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
20 Fresh heads!!!

inna dat na Moneyyyyyyy mehn! tongue
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by guente02(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
Hmmm. . .na so e bad reach?
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by cold(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
Egba girl:

Jus wondering (honestly),  Didn't this make the frontpage some weeks ago Why is it up again?? Is there something that we are supposed to notice?
True,i was thinking the same thing
Re: 20 Corpses Found At Onitsha by blackwood(m): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
DAY11.:

20 Fresh heads!!!

inna dat na Moneyyyyyyy mehn! tongue

u must be very stupid to say something like that, you have a mentality of a ritualist, if i can i'll spit on you

(1) (Reply)

‘i Didn’t Kill My Wife: She Stabbed Herself To Death’ / Scam By Whogohost / Help.. Police,looking For Me Over A Laptop I Bought From A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.