Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood (196 Views)

Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood / Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood by Fourtygees: 6:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Teenage Jehovah's Witness who was crushed in a car accident has died after refusing a blood transfusion in hospital.

The schoolboy, aged 15, was airlifted to hospital from the incident in Smethwick, West Midlands, on Saturday morning, but died later that day.

He is believed to have told doctors at Birmingham's Selly Oak hospital not to give him a blood transfusion because of his religious beliefs.

A spokesman for the hospital said he could not comment on the individual case but described the issue as an "extraordinarily complex area" with no set rules.

"There is not one single policy and not one single law regarding transfusions," the spokesman said.

"There is no automatic right to override parental wishes or that of a minor. It is a very complex area that has to be approached on a case-by-case basis.

"Any decisions that have to be made are made in consultation with as many people as possible."

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions as they consider it a violation of God's law.

Clive Parker, an elder at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Smethwick, where the boy and his family worshipped, said the boy was conscious after the accident and "made a stand on the blood issue".

https://www.familylaw.co.uk/home/teenage-jehovah-s-witness-dies-after-refusing-blood
Re: Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood by adecz: 6:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Na dem sabi❗️❗️☹️☹️
Re: Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood by chatinent: 6:44am On Jan 13, 2022
Yes, it is based on religious reasons.

1 Like

Re: Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood by cherishmichael: 6:53am On Jan 13, 2022
Observing the commandments.
Re: Teenage Jehovah's Witness Dies After Refusing Blood by 01DavidMoses(m): 7:23am On Jan 13, 2022
Dis life, i can not come and kill myself oh

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of Dream Of Washing The Dress Of Someone Who Fights You / Will I Go To Hell If I Tell a Lie: Pastor Chris / Dear God...(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.