Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,382 members, 7,974,563 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 07:36 AM

How To Write A Tango - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Write A Tango (363 Views)

Oriental Tango / How To Write A Script For Your Music Video / How To Write A Powerful Copy For A Radio Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Tango by baranov107: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2022
As a serious dance form, it is epitomized by the dancers jerky movements to the characteristic rhythms. When composing your tango, remember that tangos are composed to be danced to, not just listened to! The main musical features to work on when starting to compose your first tango are the bass, melody and general rhythmic feel. The easiest way to begin composing this type of music, is to familiarize yourself with the style through listening, or better still playing some tangos, and other Latin American music.

Most tangos begin in a minor key, reflecting the serious nature of the dance (indeed, most dancers keep stern faces when dancing tangos). When starting out, the easiest key to use is the harmonic minor, but all minor key variations are fine to use. Melodies also tend to use lots of chromatic notes, so use these to fill in any gaps between tones in your melody. Rhythmically, melodies can move either with your bass line, or they can play flowing straight notes to contrast the dotted rhythms in the other instruments. Moving by step, or by leap is equally okay (as long as the melody works with the harmony!) so as long as your melody sounds musical, it’s okay!

Tangos use relatively simple harmony, which contrasts the more complicated rhythms and melodies. The main chords used when the music is in the minor key are the chords i, iv, V7 and VI. In A minor these chords would be A minor, D minor, E7 and F major. In most tangos, the harmony comes out through the bass line, or a through a piano accompaniment.

https://iluha.home.blog/2020/09/26/east-tango/

Guys, what is your opinion? I`ve been trying to write tango during 2 years. There is a lot of work is done, and, of course, I understand that this music is not amazing, fun and joyful. I just worked a lot and want to show it. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Zlatan And Davido Release New Music Video For “money” / Download Mp3: Wizi Of Lagos – Change Story / Listen To This New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.